E-GO by Yuneec Internationl

666yeti666 said:
So I was checking upon their mentioned range of 30km which, I think, is a lot. How do they do this ?

The charger input wants to have a voltage of 29.5V , which would mean 7 cells lipo (charging voltage = 4.21V/cell) . 2000mA is also mentioned; I think this is the charging current

A little above that are the specs of the battery :
7.8Ah, 900grams
(Charging time of 3 to 5 hours , well, that would make sense with 2A charge current)

The weight of this lipo is very low. I’ve checked around and for 7s 5000mAh the weight is getting quickly around 1000grams already, mmmm ......

With my own board, which is quite efficient already, I’m consuming 375mA/km with an average speed of 15km/h (my boards weight = 6.7kg)
When I want to drive 30km I would need a pack of 11.25Ah , which is half more capacity needed than the e-go …..

So, how do they do this ….. ???

I would like to know the gear ratio, so we can calculate the motor kv. Maybe it is in the secret of this motor why it is running so efficiently …. ???

regards
Sebastien

I totally agree that its a bit above possible.
I have 8s 8000mah and I get 22km regular full throttle riding...25-26 k cruising speed...and mine are 8s lipos... I guess a 100 lb skinny 15 old on flats, with the wind on his back, not once braking....wearing a zero drag helmet, ceramic bearings, lithium grease, :shock:
Maybe magic battery range dust..
or they just made that range up....

This board seems really awesome. I ordered and can't wait to get mine.

If anyone considers buying it feel free to use this code to get a 35€/50$ discount.

RC20140422

I'll give some more detailed feedback as soon as i receive it.

craw said:
This board seems really awesome. I ordered and can't wait to get mine.

If anyone considers buying it feel free to use this code to get a 35€/50$ discount.

RC20140422

I'll give some more detailed feedback as soon as i receive it.

Definitely can't beat it for the price. Keep us update and let us know how it performs.

dirkdiggler said:
It would be nice to see some tear down pics of this board. Anyone want to open it up for us? The motor/truck combo might not be a bad deal for people. The trucks are just chinese blank pro brand. You can get two for $20 shipped on ebay, which would be cheaper than buying their front truck for $50. They are the sames trucks I've used on my builds. I too am most curious as to what size motor they are using. It is cool of them to offer parts. Most other brands are lame about that ie. Evolve. It might be worth it to build your own from their parts.
160 motor/truck including belt, sprocket
20 front truck off ebay
50 HK batteries
100 E-go ESC
100 Wheels includes gear
40 E-go remote
Add board
Total is 470 plus 25 shipping to US
Not too bad if you can get it to go over 12mph. You could forgo their ESC and remote and mix in the HK stuff for an even better deal. I imagine the motor is not what is limiting the max speed.

Anyone tried using their rear truck set as a motor mount on their own setup (http://e-go.com/cruiser-parts/rear-truck-set.html)? Looks like it comes with a neat motor, motor mount and motor cover for only $160. Cheaper than It should be easy to swap out the motor for a more powerful one. Anyone know if its a 63mm motor?

iluvmylife said:
Anyone tried using their rear truck set as a motor mount on their own setup (http://e-go.com/cruiser-parts/rear-truck-set.html)? Looks like it comes with a neat motor, motor mount and motor cover for only $160. Cheaper than It should be easy to swap out the motor for a more powerful one. Anyone know if its a 63mm motor?

I offer a single motor kit w/ welded trucks on paris clones including wheels for $225 + S/H. Kit includes pair of trucks, 1 with pre-welded motor mount fit for 63mm or 50mm SK3 motors, includes entire drive train as well as a set of wheels.

Only thing it is lacking is a motor cover and belt cover which I'm looking at making - hoping I can injection mold it.

torqueboards said:
I offer a single motor kit w/ welded trucks on paris clones including wheels for $225 + S/H. Kit includes pair of trucks, 1 with pre-welded motor mount fit for 63mm or 50mm SK3 motors, includes entire drive train as well as a set of wheels.

Only thing it is lacking is a motor cover and belt cover which I'm looking at making - hoping I can injection mold it.

Thanks Torque - I actually just placed an order of your dual kit yesterday :) Excited to try it out! I was just curious if anyone had tried this since it has the drivetrain and motor covers. Would love to see your cover designs when you have them!

iluvmylife said:
torqueboards said:

Thanks Torque - I actually just placed an order of your dual kit yesterday :) Excited to try it out! I was just curious if anyone had tried this since it has the drivetrain and motor covers. Would love to see your cover designs when you have them!

Cool Thanks.. It should be shipped out tomorrow morning. Let me know if you need anything else. Yeah, hopefully I can get those covers soon. Been wanting them but been holding off. They aren't really needed but hey.. I guess if you can have them why not?

Injection molding? What would be the price tag? :eek:

Murfix said:
Injection molding? What would be the price tag? :eek:

Not sure.. lol -- The machine is available but not sure if it's going to be able to do it - hopefully. It's one of these guys here - http://www.morganindustriesinc.com/injection-molding-machine-features.htm.

I want to eventually make a motor cover, belt cover and a few wheel adapters in either polycarbonate or nylon. Mainly, just the time to get the mold made and figuring out the best configuration to mold these. Should be fun though..

dirkdiggler said:
I imagine the motor is not what is limiting the max speed.

What would happen if you stuck this instead of the current motor? Could you do such a swap?? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=30784&aff=1242623

mmessak said:
dirkdiggler said:

What would happen if you stuck this instead of the current motor? Could you do such a swap?? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=30784&aff=1242623

If the bolt spacing allows you to mount it where the current motor is -- possibly. You would have to measure it.

torqueboards said:
mmessak said:
dirkdiggler said:

If the bolt spacing allows you to mount it where the current motor is -- possibly. You would have to measure it.

Ok. I will take pictures as soon as I can!

Hey guys,

A new user of E-Go here. Been testing the board for a few weeks now and am curious if anyone has an idea if the controller can be hacked to remove the speed limit. Perhaps the speed cap is integrated in the remote or is it more likely to be in the controller? There's also a USB controller on board, so maybe that's used for debugging purposes? Anyway, the range in these temps (~0C degrees) is less than 15km's, while going on max speed all the time.

Hey askepott, same problem here. I would really love to increase the to speed to at least 30 km/h. Maybe some of the most experienced users here have good Ideas. The speed limitation is most likely in the controller and I have the sensation that the only way to remove the limit is to change it in the firmware. But there is no publicly available firmware or tools to update it, so it could be quite hard to do it in that way. The other solution would be to act on the electronic but looks too complicated for me.
The last and easiest way is just to change the gear ratio. You would loose torque (some of the ability to go uphill) in favor of top speed. I'll change the gear attached to driving wheel in about a month and let you know if I'm successful.

askepott said:
Anyway, the range in these temps (~0C degrees) is less than 15km's, while going on max speed all the time.

If you went a little slower do you see it go further, or is the temp just sapping that much from the battery? I have been thinking of getting one of these, but my commute is 10.5 miles (about 16km), so it sounds like this might not really be an option?

I'd try and change out the esc to the Hobbywing or Hk 150a. Shouldn't be that hard to do. You'd also need to change the remote - which is a shame. Gearing would require either a larger pinion gear and belt or a smaller wheel cog and belt. Let's see some E-go mods. :D When they used to sell the parts separately, I thought that would be a decent way to cheaply build your own board.

iv pulled apart my e-go to have a closer look, the cable they use is this one http://www.greenbikekit.com/9pin-waterproof-connector-cable.html they just cut the white temp sensor cable.

The motor has hall sensors at 30 some thing degrees, glued to the top of the stators (not places inside the stator slots)
Like this. But on a small pcb!

The gearing is 13t/35t similar to what we all use,

The battery pack is panasonic 4.2v li-ion batterys, to make a 29.4v 7.8ah battery pack

The Bms is interesting, it doesn't have any mosfet on it but there is a small cable coming from the battery pack I think it's 5v to activate the mosfet located on the speed controler. This brings me to the speed controler, it has 12 mosfets instead of 6, 6 for the speed controler and 6 for the Bms. It's cool that they have integrated it, I think for maybe amp limiting,

The motor only draws between 10-15amp peak but the mosfet they use are f3205zs, so we could maybe upgrade the batterys to sony vtc4 cells and get 60-90amp output and the motor could handle it and the speed controler and Bms could if they havnt incorporated any amp limiting! But realy I don't think they need to because the batterys just can handle more then 25amp peak out put.

So the ESC uses a Esc mega32E5 do I think it could be flashed and copied! But I don't think it's needed as the the only benifit of this ESC is it has bluetooth built in!

Because of the gearing and the wheel size and the voltage, the motor is wound in wye at about 110-130kv this is confirmed by the look of the winding, it's not a noarmal delta dlark winding.

If this is correct the cross section of the copper in the motor should be the same, the 250kv 50mm motor has recommended amp of 50-80amp, change the delta to Wye and the recommended amp would be about 30-50amp

So by my understanding the motor can actually handle over 1000w but because of the low kv the top speed in only 20km

So my upgrade recomendation is to swap the batterys from the current to sony vtc4 or vtc5 cells 7s3p, this will pop the amps up enough to get up some heaps better hills! Cost from China $120

And upgrade the motor $40-50 270kv 8mm shaft so the ntm 5055 motor will do, put the hall pcb into this motor making sure you aline the halls correctly, or better u buy a motor from bruno at alien power systems with the 8mm shaft and hall sensors, but the $9 9pin motor connector and send it to bruno and pay him to solder these wires to the hall sensors in the correct combination.

Pop the new motor in and you have a board that has more power and speed over 40km/h

This can't be confirmed with out trying!

The only reason the made a 500w board instead of a 1000w in because they want to sell to every country with power limitations.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for reading! This could all be wrong, but I don't feel there are any limiting in the ESC!

Can you pull the halls and try to see if the esc does Sensorless? If so the motor switch would be easy.

jacobbloy said:
iv pulled apart my e-go to have a closer look, the cable they use is this one http://www.greenbikekit.com/9pin-waterproof-connector-cable.html they just cut the white temp sensor cable.

The motor has hall sensors at 30 some thing degrees, glued to the top of the stators (not places inside the stator slots)
Like this. But on a small pcb!

The gearing is 13t/35t similar to what we all use,

The battery pack is panasonic 4.2v li-ion batterys, to make a 29.4v 7.8ah battery pack

The Bms is interesting, it doesn't have any mosfet on it but there is a small cable coming from the battery pack I think it's 5v to activate the mosfet located on the speed controler. This brings me to the speed controler, it has 12 mosfets instead of 6, 6 for the speed controler and 6 for the Bms. It's cool that they have integrated it, I think for maybe amp limiting,

The motor only draws between 10-15amp peak but the mosfet they use are f3205zs, so we could maybe upgrade the batterys to sony vtc4 cells and get 60-90amp output and the motor could handle it and the speed controler and Bms could if they havnt incorporated any amp limiting! But realy I don't think they need to because the batterys just can handle more then 25amp peak out put.

So the ESC uses a Esc mega32E5 do I think it could be flashed and copied! But I don't think it's needed as the the only benifit of this ESC is it has bluetooth built in!

Because of the gearing and the wheel size and the voltage, the motor is wound in wye at about 110-130kv this is confirmed by the look of the winding, it's not a noarmal delta dlark winding.

If this is correct the cross section of the copper in the motor should be the same, the 250kv 50mm motor has recommended amp of 50-80amp, change the delta to Wye and the recommended amp would be about 30-50amp

So by my understanding the motor can actually handle over 1000w but because of the low kv the top speed in only 20km

So my upgrade recomendation is to swap the batterys from the current to sony vtc4 or vtc5 cells 7s3p, this will pop the amps up enough to get up some heaps better hills! Cost from China $120

And upgrade the motor $40-50 270kv 8mm shaft so the ntm 5055 motor will do, put the hall pcb into this motor making sure you aline the halls correctly, or better u buy a motor from bruno at alien power systems with the 8mm shaft and hall sensors, but the $9 9pin motor connector and send it to bruno and pay him to solder these wires to the hall sensors in the correct combination.

Pop the new motor in and you have a board that has more power and speed over 40km/h

This can't be confirmed with out trying!

The only reason the made a 500w board instead of a 1000w in because they want to sell to every country with power limitations.

View attachment 7

View attachment 6

View attachment 5

View attachment 4

View attachment 3

View attachment 2

View attachment 1

Thanks for reading! This could all be wrong, but I don't feel there are any limiting in the ESC!

gj jacob

Jacob is the power really limited by the batteries c rating? I thought sticking in a larger motor or higher c batteries, while capable of producing more power it would still depend on the esc.
when you wrote:
"But realy I don't think they need to because the batterys just can handle more then 25amp peak out put"

It sounds like you meant to write "cant" instead. If what was limiting the power was the low ability of the batteries to produce amps wouldn't that ruin the batteries and be possibly dangerous trying to draw more amps from them than their c rating intended? Or at least kill their lifespan?

Strange how sticker on it say 202wh when 29volts times 7.8 ah = 226wh.

If it were just the kv that was limiting it's speed it should still be strong going up hills but I read on here it wasn't. could it be a programed amp draw limit in the esc or throttle setting? I imagine a higher kv motor in the e-go would be even weaker on the hills but maybe get you up to higher speeds.

sk8norcal how much energy can you get from the solar panels in your background? power?

the e-go charger auto balance and charge every time right?
if swapping to sony batteries as you suggested, would it mess up anything with balancing n charging? im really confused how balancing works

Thanks for the info, Jacobbloy. Did anyone have a chance to test whether upping the battery amp would increase power output? Or is the ESC limiting the top speed?
I would be more than willing to test this but I don't have any higher output batteries lying around. If anyone in the SF bay area has batteries lying around I am willing to test this on my board.

i hope speed mods exist. because im feeling the 14mph speed just aint cutting it anymore.
hate to have sell my board at a lost on ebay n then buy something faster.

Back