E-Go longboard.

bgoodwin73

1 mW
Hey Folks. I have read all the reviews on the new E-Go I can and saw all the youtube videos. It really look good fun for the price. Im wondering if there are real world people out there who have used and abused the board for awhile now. And size of the rider and real world speed and distance. Just wanting to know all I can about the board before I get one. Its still winter where im from so I have some time before I can use it.

Few people have tried the e-go. Seems to be good for the most part. Any issues they've had they were able to send it back free of charge (i think). One of the main downsides is the speed. Probably around 12mph which is pretty slow.

Thanks for the reply. So if you had the 699 what would you do? Build your own or buy an e-go. Or save for something else such as a boosted. The speed is not a huge thing to me but im on the bigger end of the size scale so im sure that there 12mph would be slower with me on it.

it's freezing n snowing in philly but i got the E-Go when it was on sale at Fry's for $450. havent tried on the street yet, only in the house.
slow is relative...i havent gone full throttle but i assure you 12mph is very good for beginners. i am a beginner who has never skateboarded in my life so i cant imagine going 20+. it's gonna hurt if you face-plant onto concrete or a car.

the DIY route is very good n you will learn a lot! 1 of the thing that still annoys me is balancing/charging the batteries. i still havent found anything that will do that automatically. on my E-go, it's just so simple....plug in the cord to recharge like a cell phone. no need to rack my brains.
also, there is absolutely no video tutorials on building an e-board from scratch. so if you get all the required materials (about $700 for good single motor driven board kit) and then you find out things are not working out as you read online... you are SOL.

good luck dude. i was in the same predicament as you were.

tung256 said:
it's freezing n snowing in philly but i got the E-Go when it was on sale at Fry's for $450. havent tried on the street yet, only in the house.
slow is relative...i havent gone full throttle but i assure you 12mph is very good for beginners. i am a beginner who has never skateboarded in my life so i cant imagine going 20+. it's gonna hurt if you face-plant onto concrete or a car.

the DIY route is very good n you will learn a lot! 1 of the thing that still annoys me is balancing/charging the batteries. i still havent found anything that will do that automatically. on my E-go, it's just so simple....plug in the cord to recharge like a cell phone. no need to rack my brains.
also, there is absolutely no video tutorials on building an e-board from scratch. so if you get all the required materials (about $700 for good single motor driven board kit) and then you find out things are not working out as you read online... you are SOL.

Been meaning to make some video tutorials... Yeah does take some time to learn certain things but once you do it's like clock work. Just like everything else.

Hey thanks Tung, I wish I would have got in on the Fry sale. 450 is a steal. I agree with the charging difficulties of a diy board. I like the plug and play of the E go. When it warms up let us know how it works there in philly. I live in flattest part of the US so hills arent my concern, but wind sure is. Im just looking for something to pass the time between snowboarding seasons lol.

tung256 said:

If you are looking into a longboard version there are BMS's that you can use. One plug charge! And you can get the alien start switch to make it a one button start. That simple just costs some cash.

You guys make building an eboard and charging batts sound like rocket science...
We were all newbies a couple boards ago..

Well I am a huge noob when it comes to this type of technology. Im not without my own skill set with tools or overall tinker ability. But with all the info out there it can get a tad overwhelming. just my 2 cents lol.

The E-Go is a great board, particularly for the value. I paid $450 for mine, and they're readily available on eBay for $550-$600. It's pretty light (lighter than the Boosted) and the range reported is legitimate. You get tired before the board does. I do wish the board went faster, even 16 MPH or so, but I'd much rather have this board than others for 2+3x the price. I ride it through rain, up decently sized hills (though nothing overly imposing) and it takes a good amount of abuse. I've been really pleased with it, though I do view it as a placeholder until something substantially better comes along at a sensible pricepoint.

Thanks JJ for the reply. Do you have a specific board you are waiting for, or just waiting to see what the future holds. Its a good question for anyone. What would the ES community like in a real production board. Speed, distance, price.
I think the a board that went 20mph would be good that went 20 miles on one charge.
2 hour charge time and the lighter the better. And of course under 500 bucks would be nice.
Some day haha

I've had one for 4 months now. It's a great little board, I barley ride it however as I have two other boards. I'm actually considering selling it. Very little use, kept charged, a few small scratches but in great condition. $550 shipped for whoever wants it in the USA!

Just curious why you are selling it? Or is it more of a cleaning house type of thing lol? What are your other two board, diy or production board.

I don't know but my guess would be that the ESC they have limits the top speed. Why not get a Hobbyking esc ($50) and see what happens?

BShady said:
I don't know but my guess would be that the ESC they have limits the top speed. Why not get a Hobbyking esc ($50) and see what happens?

This wouldn't work without replacing the motor also. You can check my post history if you want to see some pics of the motor to esc plugs.

I have an E-Go. I would describe it as "ehhh it's ok i guess"... It feels fast when you first get on it. Just long enough for you to think: "yeah this is cool, I'll buy it." And then after you ride it for 10 minutes you start to die a slow painful death inside having spent upwards of $500 on something that actually only goes 10.5 mph on average (strava estimates over 3 miles).

Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but seriously... save your money and drop $1000 on the boosted single board. You will be much happier with it. The boosted dual+ has phenomenal build quality compared to the e-go. The e-go is all crappy cheap parts. It is a good toy, and it will get the job done if you can stand how slow it is.

e-go warranty is only 6 months.
boosted boards look pretty good but strangely they dont list duration of their warranty anywhere. i might get BB for my next ride.

Yeah but with the boosted you're looking at a 6 mile range. My E-go has gone almost 20 before it died the one time I did actually take it out with my evolve board and a buddy. I was super surprised. Much cheaper than a production board, really the E-go is great for cruzing the boardwalk or a good campus board. When I ride my carbon evolve its kinda a pain to take into places from the size. Guess it all depends on what you wanna do with it.

UrNzWy said:
Much cheaper than a production board, really the E-go is great for cruzing the boardwalk or a good campus board. When I ride my carbon evolve its kinda a pain to take into places from the size. Guess it all depends on what you wanna do with it.

Needed new shoes so I walked into Macy's and Nordstrom with my mountainboard in hand!! Got a lot of cool looks and a lot of questions!!

Told them about endless-sphere!

Build one, its more fun. Theres lots of guys on here to help you through it. Its not scary or hard. I have little ride skill too, but I can tell you I have gotten use to 20+ mph on my board, I could never go back to slower now. Everywhere I bring it people always ogle it, its cool having something unique you put together.

an7h0ny said:
Build one, its more fun. Theres lots of guys on here to help you through it. Its not scary or hard. I have little ride skill too, but I can tell you I have gotten use to 20+ mph on my board, I could never go back to slower now. Everywhere I bring it people always ogle it, its cool having something unique you put together.

Agree.. lol Once you get use to faster.. slower is well... slow...Even not having the extra power to have 25% left in the throttle. It sucks. :cry:

im a snowboarder too. in the off season, i do ripstik, skatecycle, then i found this website: http://www.leiftech.com/
too bad it didnt meet funding... but yeah i think that's the closest a skateboarder will ever get to carving on concrete.

Hi I have the Ego also, I love the board and it's great to take down the coast and town etc everyone asks about it and it certainly turns heads. However as people have mentioned it is a bit slow top speed. acceleration is pretty good and brakes are fantastic as are the big wheels so you don't get thrown off by small stones!
Overall I am very happy with the board and go on it as often as I can but it is my first board and now I want a go at building my own faster one.
if only there was an easy way to increase the top speed of the Ego it would be the perfect board!

Yeah, shoot I have a new setup and my board now is slow. Probably around 13-16 mph. I'm use to 18mph with maybe a 22mph top speed. It's a drag and dangerous IMO. I literally have to slow myself down and be patient riding as I won't get there any faster with hard throttling. Will change it back to a 22-25mph board.

Back