E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Before installing the battery I need to fabricate a block to go into bottom of frame. But today I plan on loading some lipo into the frame for my first test electrified.

6ABF1989-7CD5-4EBA-801C-6C0F68DECEEC-3460-0000094A0E7A0437.jpg

One final thing before I go for my first ride. :mrgreen:

3D4FD2BF-591E-4F56-B3E1-37FB9D7569B6-3460-0000094A1080C07D.jpg

A376F590-1244-4DFD-92E6-E16155EA8FF9-3862-0000094EBB7E0EEF.mp4

Well? How was it???

Rodney64 said:
litespeed said:

Wow, that is a lot of power in there!

Tom

Yes Tom there is.

I am looking forward to seeing the range that is possible with this pack with peddling at 40kms per hour. This is my plan for my commute to work which is 46kms round trip.

For anyone who hasn't read the thread, The battery's made up of individual 40C Turnigy cells. They are the 5000 mAh ones, measuring 50 mm wide, 9 mm thick and 140 mm long? Total of 80 cells.[/quote]

I'd think that would be pretty easy at 25 mph. On my last bike running a BMC V2 Speed I could get 35 miles out of 18s3p which is 54-5000 cells at an average speed of 27 mph peddling. This looks like an awesome setup you have.

2 thumbs up.

Tom

Hyena said:
I'm disappointed in the lack of photos Rodney, where's the macro of you putting air in the tyres ? :p

HaHa, Hyena, no photos but a video

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/rodshaz/B67F7A70-4A55-4833-B415-906D19D23665-3939-0000095CA91C8E22.mp4

Rodney64 said:
Weighed the bike yesterday. With the battery all up 40 kilos

Hello Rodney, just watched your video. Came together nicely. Thats a nice and neat ride you got there. What are you set at for total wattage output WOT? I can't remember, which HS/HT hubby are running?

Rix

Nice ride. How does the full suspension feel take out all the bumps pretty easy ? Also does she feel real stable at high speeds ?
Excellent work you beat everyone else putting that Phasor together.

I am also wondering what your power set up is....my white frame has the suspension done waiting on some 10 gauge spokes for the rear and a custom made motor from HPC...MIGHT PUT 10 GAUGE up front too or 12 not sure yet...photos will be coming soon!...trying the new shock from rox shoxx without spring saves about a pound...looks like I will be somewhere around 80 pounds with 1.1 kwh and over 90 with 2.2 kwh which I think equates to over 20 ah not sure yet on final weight

Rix said:
Rodney64 said:
Weighed the bike yesterday. With the battery all up 40 kilos

Hello Rodney, just watched your video. Came together nicely. Thats a nice and neat ride you got there. What are you set at for total wattage output WOT? I can't remember, which HS/HT hubby are running?

Rix

4000 watts with the crystalite controller but planning On using a custom controller from lyens. Still need to set up my cycle analyst and I need solder on the cable for the speed sensor as the motors sensorless.

ohzee said:
Nice ride. How does the full suspension feel take out all the bumps pretty easy ? Also does she feel real stable at high speeds ?
[/quote]
The suspension feeling good. Don't know how to set it up as its my first full suspension bike but having fun learning. Haven't had a high speed run yet and still getting used to how it handles. It's long and it feels long but stable at 55 kms per hour. At the moment trying to find a 11-28 freewheel. With my current 14-32 freewheel you cannot use the 14 as there's no clearance. I could perhaps put another washer but then this puts stress on the frame.
M

korpin said:
I am also wondering what your power set up is....my white frame has the suspension done waiting on some 10 gauge spokes for the rear and a custom made motor from HPC...MIGHT PUT 10 GAUGE up front too or 12 not sure yet...photos will be coming soon!...trying the new shock from rox shoxx without spring saves about a pound...looks like I will be somewhere around 80 pounds with 1.1 kwh and over 90 with 2.2 kwh which I think equates to over 20 ah not sure yet on final weight

The spokes are 12 guage. Will be good to see photos of other builds. The battery's 15 amp hours and 100.8 hot off charge.

Only had its up to 55 kms per hour top speed so far but feels good.

also HPC is building my bike since I believe they know the electronics end...they are the ones who suggested I use the ROXX SHOXX BOXXER world cup forks ans the ROCK SHOXX rear shock without spring which together will save some poundage for more batteries ...I am sure I have annoyed them with my many custom requests but I believe that this type of build will ultimarely be what people want so it may be helpful to them in the end.....the lightweight mountain bikes they are making now are easier to make but lack the plush suspension and robust handling of a downhill bike that I believe is closer to a motorcycle you can carry,put on a boat or bus,throw in the back of a truck or carry up a flight of stairs to your upstairs apertment and into your bedroom where you can sleep next to your true love which is where I see these going....hopefully NEVER giving up the pedal option to get you home when the electronics fail

HERE is a couple photos of my phasor so far

Attachments

• PHASOR.jpg
    PHASOR.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 2,575
  • PHASOR-SHOCK.jpg
    PHASOR-SHOCK.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,170
hey rodney! noticed two front sprockets...you gonna have a way of switching between the two?

ohzee said:

I'm saving up for the last few bits and bobs tbh ,I'm also doing a carbon fibre commuter (non assist) which doesn't help :D

DoD

I think you will find you will need something to keep the chain from jumping off. Even going over a gutter was causing my chain to come off after I fitted a derailleur to my Fighter. I then fitted a chain guard to the chain ring which helped heaps. Still comes off occasionally though. My next job will be to fit a chain guide to make sure the chain no longer comes off

Kepler said:
I think you will find you will need something to keep the chain from jumping off. Even going over a gutter was causing my chain to come off after I fitted a derailleur to my Fighter. I then fitted a chain guard to the chain ring which helped heaps. Still comes off occasionally though. My next job will be to fit a chain guide to make sure the chain no longer comes off
Kepler,
Could you post up the info on that chain guide in the Stealth thread once you do it.
I've been thinking of retrofitting one to my Fighter to prevent the chain coming off as it still does occasionally...like this morning.

What happened to the factory fitted Chain guard?

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Kepler said:
Kepler,
Could you post up the info on that chain guide in the Stealth thread once you do it.
I've been thinking of retrofitting one to my Fighter to prevent the chain coming off as it still does occasionally...like this morning.

What happened to the factory fitted Chain guard?

Cheers

Is your chain guard adjustable Kepler as I am running a 52 on the front.

Its only adjustable in the sense that you can space it our with extra washes from the chain ring. Diameter is designed to suit chain rings up to 42mm. I have 42 tooth chainring. With the Schlumpf 1.65 overdrive, I suppose this is equivalent to a 69 tooth chain ring. Not sure if simply multiplying 42 by 1.65 is the correct way of estimating the the equivalent sized chain ring, but with an 11 tooth on the cluster, no problems being to pedal that bike even at 60kph.

Kepler said:
Its only adjustable in the sense that you can space it our with extra washes from the chain ring. Diameter is designed to suit chain rings up to 42mm. I have 42 tooth chainring. With the Schlumpf 1.65 overdrive, I suppose this is equivalent to a 69 tooth chain ring. Not sure if simply multiplying 42 by 1.65 is the correct way of estimating the the equivalent sized chain ring, but with an 11 tooth on the cluster, no problems being to pedal that bike even at 60kph.

Thanks Kepler,

Back