E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Rodney64 said:
Just recieved a couple of presents. 2 50 amp controllers

Hi Rod,
This may be dumb question but why are the controllers different sizes?
I just got a 72V50A (EB318-A-1 Board) from Crystalyte for the CA DP but no 3 Speed switch option available with the CA DP config; it's only available with the AMP display config???
I notice you have the AMP display in the photo and the "yellow" connector so I'm assuming you have a 3 speed switch?
Did you forgo the CA for the AMP display for this reason (to get 3sp switch)?

Max

madmaxNZ said:
Rodney64 said:
Just recieved a couple of presents. 2 50 amp controllers

Hi Rod,
This may be dumb question but why are the controllers different sizes?
I just got a 72V50A (EB318-A-1 Board) from Crystalyte for the CA DP but no 3 Speed switch option available with the CA DP config; it's only available with the AMP display config???
I notice you have the AMP display in the photo and the "yellow" connector so I'm assuming you have a 3 speed switch?
Did you forgo the CA for the AMP display for this reason (to get 3sp switch)?

Max

Max, the small controller is sensorless for my 4080 and its a 12 fet 45 amp 72 volt controller. This is the controller that i achieved 88KMs an hour with my 3580 and i like it more that other controllers ive used in the past. This particular controller doesnt work with all CAs functions or 3 speed switch and only gives current battery voltage. It doesnt give amp hours used so I decided to try the AMP unit. Its money well spent to make sure I dont run my pack below 1300 watt hours.

The larger controller is an 18 fet 50 amp sensored controller which Ill run with the cromotor. This controller is heavy so will handle the cromotor. It will work with my CA3 do when we are out in the bush will be limiting it to 20amps.

This was my son will not be blowing controllers. well thats the theroy.

Scratch1973 said:
Rix
I have a 17 x 3 on the back and 19 x2.75 on the front. I have to take a measurement of both to see the difference in height , I know the 3 inch on the back gives more height than a 17 x 2.75 so it may be pretty close to the front.

Rodney.
Do you still have a kickstand on your bike?

That's true Scratch, the 3.00-17 is about 1/3" taller than the 2.75-17. Between the 3.00-17 and 2.75-19, about 1-2 inches difference in OD mounted on the 1.4x17 and 1.4x19 rims respectively inflated to 30 PSI. I think this is on of the best combos for ebicycles as far as mechanical advantage of a direct drive hub motor and handling goes. So, when are you up and running?

Rick

just came frm bike shop and saw my 19" shinko 241 laced up beautiful!....tire is so thick when inflated almost touches side of boxxer fork!...brake cable has to be re routed to fit...which brings me to a point....the 19" is the biggest pro wheel you can use with these tires any bigger (at least up front) it will hit the part of fork where it gets thicker!...also,may go to 100 volts and 13 AH with new Li-NMC batteries....photos coming soon thanks to rix for help with tires! :lol:

Sweet vid Brum. Those bikes really fly! It must be fun to have a group of friends to ride with that all have high powered bikes. That one with the dual front gator brakes makes for the ultimate ebike 8)
You had me going with the long music section at the end. I was waiting for bloopers or some sort of easter egg and it never came. haha

Scratch1973 said:
Rix
I have a 17 x 3 on the back and 19 x2.75 on the front. I have to take a measurement of both to see the difference in height , I know the 3 inch on the back gives more height than a 17 x 2.75 so it may be pretty close to the front.

Rodney.
Do you still have a kickstand on your bike?

I've removed it scratch. It needs a couple of locating lugs welded to keep it from turning.

Even then it will struggle to cope with the weight

Rod
I have been looking around and found a 2 legged kickstand that actually folds up to one side, do you think that one would work better if I can figure out a way to lock it in place? I would like to mount it where you mounted yours but alittle worried that it is going to be hanging low. Did you have a problem with that?

korpin said:
just came frm bike shop and saw my 19" shinko 241 laced up beautiful!....tire is so thick when inflated almost touches side of boxxer fork!...brake cable has to be re routed to fit...which brings me to a point....the 19" is the biggest pro wheel you can use with these tires any bigger (at least up front) it will hit the part of fork where it gets thicker!...also,may go to 100 volts and 13 AH with new Li-NMC batteries....photos coming soon thanks to rix for help with tires! :lol:

You bet Korpin, If you go the 100 volt 13 Ah battery from HPC go with the extra heavy duty cells rated for 100 amps continues. I know you wont be running that, but you will get less volt sag than with the 65 amp continues cells. Of course 300 bucks more. I am actually tossing around the idea as well as a 20 or 22S Lipo set up going in the Bomber. After charging the volts settle around 90 on the HPC so it wouldn't blow the fets out. This and the 5405 with 17x1.4 would equal lots of hill climbing torque for me :mrgreen: .

Scratch1973 said:
Rod
I have been looking around and found a 2 legged kickstand that actually folds up to one side, do you think that one would work better if I can figure out a way to lock it in place? I would like to mount it where you mounted yours but alittle worried that it is going to be hanging low. Did you have a problem with that?

Scratch, the Phasor frame isn't square where I mounted my kickstand.

I would say that it would hang down unless you shimmed up the front.

Maybe worth trying a centre stand from a wrecker, which I'm planning to do. Maybe next week ill visit a wrecker as I'm on holiday for the school holidays.

These bikes need a stand that's capable of supporting a motor cycle

pchen92 said:
b.r.u.m. said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9udGs3aeu4

The bike is ready!

Noting better....
Awesome ! Is it 250A phase or battery ? Because Kelly rated their controller with phase amps.
I have a KEB72101 (72V 450A) set at 50% and it does 150A battery (10kW with 18s4p lipo :D )

250 amp phase...with the original setup Was good. Not very strong but I could drive easy. Today I've tried a New firmware set by Kelly but it do not work.

here is front tire any bigger it would have rubbed on fork thanks to reseda bicycles for building wheel waiting for rear wheel spokes

Attachments

• shinko=241.jpg
    shinko=241.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 3,135
  • shinko-241b.jpg
    shinko-241b.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,135
Just got my blue Phasor running again after blowing the controller 2 weeks ago. Happy with my APM display which has a cruise control function and 3 speed switch. Had a high speed run with the 3580 in 26 inch rim "and it flys.

258CD5C5-E39A-4BCB-ACA6-5DA4F82130D8-1790-00000171161E54A6.jpg

I can see how you could run out of real estate on the handlebars these days... Where's your bell? :lol:

jonescg said:
I can see how you could run out of real estate on the handlebars these days... Where's your bell? :lol:

I'm on holiday this week Chris. How about we grab a Phasor each and go out for a ride. Just balanced my blue Phasor battery and it has remained very well balanced, only .03 out on the top battery and the rest were .01 out.

Sounds like a plan! I'm pretty flexible, but will be busy on Wednesday around lunch time.

korpin said:
here is front tire any bigger it would have rubbed on fork thanks to reseda bicycles for building wheel waiting for rear wheel spokes

Looks great Korpin, say good by to flat tires. Also, you will notice that it will feel much better over washboard roads and rutted out terrain. Run about 23PSI up front, 28 in the rear, you will be amazed at the ride quality.

Rod, that's just awesome you and Chris going for a Phasor ride. Make a vid, drink some pints for me too.

Rick

Rodney64 said:
Just got my blue Phasor running again after blowing the controller 2 weeks ago. Happy with my APM display which has a cruise control function and 3 speed switch. Had a high speed run with the 3580 in 26 inch rim "and it flys.

HOW DO YOU LIKE THE crystalyte display compared to the CA?

korpin said:
Rodney64 said:

HOW DO YOU LIKE THE crystalyte display compared to the CA?

Ill give it a good test today. But so far I'm happy with it. With crystaytes sensorless controller the CA only displayed speeds and volts. It will be good for commuting with the cruise control function and with the ability to lower amps.

Planning on a 30 km trip today.

Maybe tomorrow the race, l managed to get the controller running 18 fet 48 amp with the cromotor but it was running in reverse. So I swapped the blue and yellow phase wires but it ws running rough, like a dropped phase. So after removing the battery's to remove the controller i then used the key and put the controller into reverse. After putting it all back together and putting the phase wires back to correct colours the blue phase wire pulled out in my hand. This would of been why it was running rough.
So in reverse the controller had a top speed of 30k.

Tomorrow ill remove the battery and place the forward reverse back to the red setting. It's currently on the green notch now and swap the phase wires again.

Thanks accountant, reading up I need to swap the yellow and green phase wires as well as the yellow and blue hall wires when the motors running in reverse. Is this correct?

Edit: I just changed my phase and hall wires as I mentioned above and its running smoothly.

Back