E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Here is pic of the Fighter with Prosser Reservoir in the back ground. The lake is at almost 6000 feet, we are about 1000 feet above that, pretty view.

Attachments

• Fighter in the hills1.jpg
    Fighter in the hills1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 2,417
Hi all,
I'm jealous, nice view Rix!
Replacement bomber seat subframe turned up yesterday and the steel plate is somewhat thicker that my original.
Cheers,
Clinton

CJonaBttlrckt said:
Hi all,
Replacement bomber seat subframe turned up yesterday and the steel plate is somewhat thicker that my original.
Cheers,
Clinton
Entertain something for me, measure the thickness, should Mic out around 2.5mm to 2.8mm depending on powdercoat thickness.

Re Domino throttle on stock Fighter.

Thanks guys, I sorted it out by pulling apart the throttle body and replaced the micro switch with a NO wired unit. My soldering skills are rubbish so I cooked the first one, lucky I bought two.

Yes Ian it is a Crystalyte controller, stock Fighter, that is good to know about changing the pins, in retrospect that would have been the easiest fix.

Took the bike for a quick test late last night just around the house, it goes; regen- dead spot- throttle action. The dead spot next to regen at fully closed is useful, but a little too wide. I can try rotating the pot wheel gear one tooth before meshing with the throttle gear teeth. Resistance goes from 5.4 kOhm to about 1.9 Ohm. If I adjust the gear position it will likely be 4.9 kOhm to 1.4 Ohm.

Throttle action itself is very smooth and progressive through rpm range. Full width much more comfortable than halfie.

SUNDRIVE said:

Thanks guys, I sorted it out by pulling apart the throttle body and replaced the micro switch with a NO wired unit. My soldering skills are rubbish so I cooked the first one, lucky I bought two.

Yes Ian it is a Crystalyte controller, stock Fighter, that is good to know about changing the pins, in retrospect that would have been the easiest fix.

Took the bike for a quick test late last night just around the house, it goes; regen- dead spot- throttle action. The dead spot next to regen at fully closed is useful, but a little too wide. I can try rotating the pot wheel gear one tooth before meshing with the throttle gear teeth. Resistance goes from 5.4 kOhm to about 1.9 Ohm. If I adjust the gear position it will likely be 4.9 kOhm to 1.4 Ohm.

Throttle action itself is very smooth and progressive through rpm range. Full width much more comfortable than halfie.
Glad you got it sorted. It was only a guess about the controller I may have been totally wrong but perhaps worth a look.
I got a decent ride in today with the new domino throttle and it is a good improvement for sure. Nice feel and good modulation plus a proper mc grip. How do you find having the regen setup like that? Do you think it will be hard to get used to?

This is my personal observations:
You dont want to have regen all the time, in fact it is counterproductive. This is because very often you want to roll down the road without breaking, this way you store more kinetic energy. When the regen activates involuntarily every time you release the throttle this actually decrease your range. You save more energy by using regen in the right situation - not in all situations, because very often when you release the throttle, the vehicle brakes in so much that you need to use more power to accelerate from that brake-in that you got from regen in the first place. So use it only when you need to brake otherwise it is a waste.

SUNDRIVE said:

Is this one the Domino throttle?
http://www.electricmotorsport.com/domino-twist-grip-throttle-with-microswitch.html

Yup, got mine today! Very nice quality(Made in Italy!) compared to traditional chinese throttles
Will be interesting to see how it feels on my new bike.

Attachments

• DSC06052.JPG
    DSC06052.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,324
Allex said:
Yup, got mine today! Very nice quality(Made in Italy!) compared to traditional chinese throttles
Will be interesting to see how it feels on my new bike.

I need to find a way to get one of those here in Italy but it seems they are not going to sell me one of those throttle at least from the e-mail I got from them some months ago.

I agree, if you are riding MX you may want instant switch between accelerate and regen, but just tooling around the bush freewheeling is essential for relaxed and economic riding. I have set the pot gear wheel in the Domino throttle back to probably where it was factory set and I now have a smaller neutral zone between power and regen at throttle stop. Will have to do some thorough test riding up and down steep grade on rough tracks to see if it integrates well with normal braking and throttle actions. If not I can re-install the Stealth regen button next to the rear brake, that arrangement was useable. Ideal would be a two way throttle with a strong Spring return from a forward regen position back to neutral, variable regen too if your controller does it. Does anyone know if such a device exists ? There was some mention of a "Vectrix" throttle recently, are they gettable?

JB

Geez Guys,look at Allex's hand.No oil stained skin.No gunk under the finger nails. See this is what happens when you go from gasoline engine powered bikes to electric bikes!

:D

Tim.

Archer said:
Geez Guys,look at Allex's hand.No oil stained skin.No gunk under the finger nails. See this is what happens when you go from gasoline engine powered bikes to electric bikes!

:D

Tim.

Yep, definitely a cleaner sport.

bigbore, yes that appears to be the throttle, though I thought I read a post somewhere that the IP rating was improved from what is specified in the link you have.

IanM, I think the sttings are dialled in nicely now wrt to regen/neutral/accelerate, I think its a winner, feels kind of natural and intuitive. the one thing I still have to adapt to is leaving the throttle cracked open slightly when applying front brake, if i dont want regen on the rear at the same time. Still think a two way throttle would be ideal if anyone knows of one.

jb

What tires does a Stealth bike has? 17" motorcycle or 19" motorcycle ones??
Which do you prefer and why? :)

-Thanks, Cheers, Elias

Standard are 24inch twinwall rim,alot of people run 19mx rims
See this topic very helpful
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458

DasDouble said:
What tires does a Stealth bike has? 17" motorcycle or 19" motorcycle ones??
Which do you prefer and why? :)

-Thanks, Cheers, Elias

Yah, Dasdouble, check out this thread, there are guys on here that have ran the Bomber with stock 24MTB, 17MC, 18MC and 19MC, I'm guessing you can find the answer to your question here. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458&start=175

Rix said:
Yah, Dasdouble, check out this thread, there are guys on here that have ran the Bomber with stock 24MTB, 17MC, 18MC and 19MC, I'm guessing you can find the answer to your question here. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458&start=175

Cheers dude, thank you really much :)

DasDouble said:
Rix said:

Cheers dude, thank you really much :)

You bet amigo. I am wondering if you are considering a motor wheel for your machine?

Rix said:
You bet amigo. I am wondering if you are considering a motor wheel for your machine?

Sorry my english is not the best so I think you asked if I have already bought my motor for my bike. Or what tire size I will take.
Well.. I have made my decision. I will go with the QS Motor 205 (50 H) V3. In my opinion that's the one motor which won´t overheat even at the hottest day here in Germany with around 35 degree. Both of my wheels will be some 19" motorcycle tires. Not shure if a 17" for the rear would also be nice but yeah.. Will take the 19" motorcycle ones also from QS motors, already mounted with the hub motor. :)
-Elias

Rix said:
CJonaBttlrckt said:
Hi all,
Cheers,
Clinton
Entertain something for me, measure the thickness, should Mic out around 2.5mm to 2.8mm depending on powdercoat thickness.

Hi Rix,
the new subframe measured 2.6mm
cheers,
clinton

Back