• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Kepler said:
Great to hear. We need some photos now.
yes tomorrow i will post some photos cause i did not have the time today :( my bike arrive in perfect condition and ready to ride was easy and is so beautiful i have to said john build a great machine
image.php

Kepler said:
...Sorry to see the failure dh-paule :(

Dont worry, its a chinese quality problem, not yours...
Spend some hours in search for a new 72V charger out there, and it seems that bms is the only source without hundreds of dollar at the price tag. So they got an order yesterday, shipping is more expensive than the charger ;)
Lets see how long the new one will work.

MAFIA: congratulazione, buon divertimento !

a video from switzerland, made from gromith77

[youtube]mPnF1a66dGs[/youtube]

dh-paule said:
Kepler said:
...Sorry to see the failure dh-paule :(

Dont worry, its a chinese quality problem, not yours...
Spend some hours in search for a new 72V charger out there, and it seems that bms is the only source without hundreds of dollar at the price tag. So they got an order yesterday, shipping is more expensive than the charger ;)
Lets see how long the new one will work.

MAFIA: congratulazione, buon divertimento !
Is 72v right? You might want to specify the exact cut off voltage so it fully charges your pack.

send an order to bms for an 24cell LiFePo charger that charges 6A up to 86,5V
(6A was an advice from another stealth owner to keep the stock battery "healthy" )

hope that will work...

Mafia, glad your bike made it safe and sound. Fun times ahead for sure.

CD, nice vid. Wish I had access to single track and trees where I live.

Dh Paule, That's one Smokin charger.

my new bomber video shot through traffic. motion looks a bit accelerated , youtube's fault. i have uploaded it as it is, and it looked ok before uploading it. is there a fix for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZvhKfxlqDs&feature=youtu.be

Athaneco said:
my new bomber video shot through traffic. motion looks a bit accelerated , youtube's fault. i have uploaded it as it is, and it looked ok before uploading it. is there a fix for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZvhKfxlqDs&feature=youtu.be

i tried to fix shakiness of the video via youtube's application, but it looks bad, i have undone it, check it back later in 20mins when restoration will be completed

motion looks a bit accelerated , youtube's fault
Athaneco, don't note the motions accelerated because of Youtube, just tell everybody that you are just a rider that like to go fast.. :twisted: :p :mrgreen:

Nice Vid.

Rix said:
motion looks a bit accelerated , youtube's fault
Athaneco, don't note the motions accelerated because of Youtube, just tell everybody that you are just a rider that like to go fast.. :twisted: :p :mrgreen:

Nice Vid.

:) :) , 92klm/hr recorded on the CA. Temp about 30+c , battery performs the most at this temperatures. it really makes a difference 8)

dh-paule said:
(6A was an advice from another stealth owner to keep the stock battery "healthy" )

hope that will work...

That will be perfect. About 3hr charge time so nice and gentle on the pack. Delivery cost sucks but still the only real eco option available.

i need help and i have some questions ,first i have this problem how do i fix this? the magura mt2 mounting is scraping my disc
image.php

MAFIA said:
i need help and i have some questions ,first i have this problem how do i fix this? the magura mt2 mounting is scraping my disc
image.php

Minor issue.

Loosen off the two bolts just enough so that the calliper can just slide on top of the mount. Squeeze the brake handle and hold it. Tighten up the bolts. See how that feels.

Getting any hydro brakes spot on takes a little bit of tuning and tweaking.

dh_paule

For the stock Bomber battery the charge voltage is 87.6v (24 x 3.65v)

Don't worry If you have already ordered the charger you can easily adjust the voltage if it is set wrong.

Cruzxia

Yeah shipping prices are rude but it's a necessary expense - same as anything out of china. You might buy an item for $5 with $15 shipping, but considering that same item locally might cost you $40 you still come out in front. You wont get a charger locally for under $200.
And server power supplies wont work as they're not current limited. Certain meanwells, yes. But by the time you buy 2 of the good ones and then wire them up in series youre looking at close to the same money, for something that isnt a neat plug and play solution. But if you had a stack of server power supplies you could buy a cheaper 24v 400w commercial unit and run it in series with 4 server PSUs - but again it's not a neat solution.
That said that's exactly how I've built a 3kw fast charger on a shelf in the corner of my garage (6x server PSUs in series with a 30a limited 24v meanwell)

BTW, cool vid with the overlays. Unfortunately you cant take in them at the same time as the footage so you have to focus on one thing at a time.
I'll be interested to see some more footage from that camera in brighter light. I thought the quality was pretty aweful at first but then realised it was dusk and all those camera struggle under low light conditions.
Oh and with a good padded handlebar mount (use some rolled up old inner tube between the mount and the bar) you can get pretty stable shots if the terrain isnt hugely bumpy.

CD, don't feel so bad about the shipping. When I ordered my 162mm axle from Kenny for the 5404, the axle cost $30USD and the shipping was $40USD for a total of $70USD. Shipping was more than the part. That's what I call a "shit the bed" deal. But, I had to have the axle to I could use my pinch style torque block.

92klm/hr recorded on the CA. Temp about 30+c , battery performs the most at this temperatures. it really makes a difference 8)
Athaneco 10 mW10 mW Posts: 20Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:13 pmLocation: Athens / Greece

Last year when I still had the 5403 on my Bomber, I hit 58.1MPH or about 94kph. But that was also pedaling my ass off. With the 5404, the best I got was 51.1MPH pedaling my ass off and I am good for about 46MPH hot off the charger, tucked and not pedaling. If I recalled correctly the temp was about the same as your was. You are so correct about the warm weather, it makes a difference and there is less voltage sag under load from the battery.

Rick

HELP HELP is my second day with my machine and is hurting my heart i am having problems with my bomber and i am like :cry: :cry: :evil: my bomber do not move is like the power is no getting to the motor i used yesterday and was fine i charge the battery and put the bike outside to ride when i twist the throttle i heard a click sound and the bike dont move anyway i start messing with CA and the regen analist start go up until is 999.99% i check all wires connection and they are good i dont know what happen i just do what kleper told about the break disc and dont touch nothing else is there a tutorial for messing with the CA setup?

HEY MAFIA,

give this a try and perhaps a quick fix...fingers crossed...

Pop open the side cover and disconnect the battery for a few (10 seconds)....its the massive plug that comes out of the battery
when you re-connect it it will "make a significant electrical crack noise" , this is not a problem, see if that makes any difference when you turn the bike on....just gives the whole thing a reset (you wont loose the CA settings)

Otherwise some of the other guys need to give advice...

Dunk

MAFIA said:
HELP HELP is my second day with my machine and is hurting my heart i am having problems with my bomber and i am like :cry: :cry: :evil: my bomber do not move is like the power is no getting to the motor i used yesterday and was fine i charge the battery and put the bike outside to ride when i twist the throttle i heard a click sound and the bike dont move anyway i start messing with CA and the regen analist start go up until is 999.99% i check all wires connection and they are good i dont know what happen i just do what kleper told about the break disc and dont touch nothing else is there a tutorial for messing with the CA setup?

Back