E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

IMG_1537.JPG

Trying to post a Pic of my bike with new front forks. not sure if this will work?

Has anyone used the auto-cruise feature on the CAv3? For the life of me I can't get it to work. From the manual it looks like auto-cruise only works in throttle pass-thru mode. But I get no power when I put it in that mode. The only mode I get power is in WOT. Do I need to change some other settings? Still learning the ins and outs. Thanks for the help

Murph

I can't comment on the settings as I haven't played with autocruise on the V3 but having used it controller hardware based I can say you wouldn't want it on a powerful bike like a stealth, especially for offroading. One minute you're cruising along a straight smooth trial, the next you back off to go around a corner and the bike keeps powering on into the bend/trees/cliff. I've been caught off guard a few times with it so always disable it now. If you want cruise control I recommend wiring it to a seperate button.

Murph said:
Has anyone used the auto-cruise feature on the CAv3? For the life of me I can't get it to work. From the manual it looks like auto-cruise only works in throttle pass-thru mode. But I get no power when I put it in that mode. The only mode I get power is in WOT. Do I need to change some other settings? Still learning the ins and outs. Thanks for the help

Murph

Auto cruise shmauto cruise, we don't need no stinking auto cruise.

JC 310, I always open my pics with paint and then resize to 500 x 375 with camera phone pics or 800 x 625 with digital camera pics. If I don't, I get the red lettering "file too larger must be 512MB" prompt. At least I think thats what it says.

Rick

Auto-cruise would be nice for long stretches when commuting through town. Especially while pedaling with "legal" speeds. In California I can legally go up to 30mph. I can keep a cadence around 30mph while pedaling in low gear, would be cool to keep the power after releasing the throttle. Guess I'll just have to figure it out.

Murph said:
Auto-cruise would be nice for long stretches when commuting through town. Especially while pedaling with "legal" speeds. In California I can legally go up to 30mph. I can keep a cadence around 30mph while pedaling in low gear, would be cool to keep the power after releasing the throttle. Guess I'll just have to figure it out.

You ever doing any riding in Marin county north of the Golden Gage Bridge? I would like to get over there with my bike and a tent and do an overnighter. That would be the perfect place for not using cruise control.

Rix said:
Murph said:

You ever doing any riding in Marin county north of the Golden Gage Bridge? I would like to get over there with my bike and a tent and do an overnighter. That would be the perfect place for not using cruise control.

I've only had the bike for two weeks now. Put on 180 miles since I got it. I would love to take my bike over to Marin. There's some great riding over there. I've been through Wildcat Canyon and Tilden Regional parks east of Berkeley a couple times. There's ton of trails through there.

The best part is that I can bike from my house to all these places. If it was legal, I could bike over the Richmond bridge into Marin, recharge at a friends in San Rafeal, then go from there. My first day with the Bomber I took it all over the East Bay trail and onto the Bay Bridge.

Haven't done any "hardcore" riding yet. But it's coming….

DunkenKBliths said:
New Frame / and quite a few new components later....and there she is....(all claimed on the "idiots" insurance of course...)
Sounds like you were riding on the road then. How did you go claiming it through his insurance considering the questionable legalness of the bike?

Cheers

how much is a new main frame?

im going there on wednesday, ill ask as i want a new main frame and new type swingarm

soon will have enough bits to build me a 2nd bomber ;)

that aside

anyone want a stock set of complete bomber wheels (black) and is in melbourne (as i dont want to post) done under 200km all up, rear tyre is balding and there is a slight dint in the rear wheel (still rides well), front looks as new, im open to reasonable offers but consider the motor alone is $900 then theres rims tyres sprocket spokes front hub disc rotors etc...

motor is in good shape, only consider selling as i have new motorcycle wheels that i have had made up

MexicanBatman said:
how much is a new main frame?

im going there on wednesday, ill ask as i want a new main frame and new type swingarm

soon will have enough bits to build me a 2nd bomber ;)

that aside

anyone want a stock set of complete bomber wheels (black) and is in melbourne (as i dont want to post) done under 200km all up, rear tyre is balding and there is a slight dint in the rear wheel (still rides well), front looks as new, im open to reasonable offers but consider the motor alone is $900 then theres rims tyres sprocket spokes front hub disc rotors etc...

motor is in good shape, only consider selling as i have new motorcycle wheels that i have had made up

Another MC wheel convert. The weight penalty is small when traction, tire life and flat resistance is improved dramatically. Please post some pics when you get it done.

I've only had the bike for two weeks now. Put on 180 miles since I got it. I would love to take my bike over to Marin. There's some great riding over there. I've been through Wildcat Canyon and Tilden Regional parks east of Berkeley a couple times. There's ton of trails through there.

The best part is that I can bike from my house to all these places. If it was legal, I could bike over the Richmond bridge into Marin, recharge at a friends in San Rafeal, then go from there. My first day with the Bomber I took it all over the East Bay trail and onto the Bay Bridge.

Haven't done any "hardcore" riding yet. But it's coming….

Yah Murph, these bikes make great road bikes, but wait until you see what you can do off roa :mrgreen: d.

Its close to legal if you haven't de-limited it...I don't go crazy on the roads, peddle everywhere and blend in with the usual cyclist..police don't have a problem with it as its completely Electric and has peddles... its the Petrol bikes they don't like...

Sensible and Blending in is the way forward...I mainly travel bike paths 90% of the time anyway...(lots of bike bell) all good...

Cowardlyduck said:
DunkenKBliths said:
New Frame / and quite a few new components later....and there she is....(all claimed on the "idiots" insurance of course...)
Sounds like you were riding on the road then. How did you go claiming it through his insurance considering the questionable legalness of the bike?

Cheers

Ok here's Bomber #310 with the Fox Van Single crown Forks. Sooooo Smoooth and Light! and maneuverable too.

IMG_0217.JPGGot hit by a car today. I'm alright with just a scraped up elbow but my rear brakes took most of the impact. Was crossing an intersection and a lady hit me in the turn lane. She must of been doing at least 20mph. She didn't see me and I didn't see her until too late. Mine as well upgrade the rear brakes! Any suggestions?

Murph said:
Got hit by a car today. I'm alright with just a scraped up elbow but my rear brakes took most of the impact. Was crossing an intersection and a lady hit me in the turn lane. She must of been doing at least 20mph. She didn't see me and I didn't see her until too late. Mine as well upgrade the rear brakes! Any suggestions?

Importantly .... is she paying ?

Murph said:
Got hit by a car today. I'm alright with just a scraped up elbow but my rear brakes took most of the impact. Was crossing an intersection and a lady hit me in the turn lane. She must of been doing at least 20mph. She didn't see me and I didn't see her until too late. Mine as well upgrade the rear brakes! Any suggestions?

Damn Murph, got off lucky, bikes vs cars usually sucks a bucket full of dicks for the bikers. When riding, pretend like you are invisible to everyone but the cops and you will be Okay. As far as brakes go, lots of people have raved about the Hopes. I prefer Hays Stroker Ace with their V9 Rotor. Thats what I will be running when I wear out my gators. I am running the V9 rotor on front with the gator 6 pot caliper with great results.

Rick

jc#310 said:
Ok here's Bomber #310 with the Fox Van Single crown Forks. Sooooo Smoooth and Light! and maneuverable too.

Missed this earlier JC, new forks look great! Have you noticed any additional flex of the RSTs?

i think my battery is damage my bike do not go more than 47mph and only last up to 15.9 ohs .what do you guys think? i remember my bike going 52mph easy and last 17.8 ohs

How many cycles you got on the battery?
Could be that one of the cells is dragging down the total power(and capacity), do you notice increased voltage drop when you go on with full throttle?

Allex said:
How many cycles you got on the battery?
Could be that one of the cells is dragging down the total power(and capacity), do you notice increased voltage drop when you go on with full throttle?
i actually dont look the CA when riding or it save after ride?

Rix said:
jc#310 said:

Missed this earlier JC, new forks look great! Have you noticed any additional flex of the RSTs?

Yes there does seem to be more flex but I took it off some really big drop offs and felt fine. Having the extra turning radius is big for me doing slow balance stuff
and I love the lighter feel too. Thanks for your help with my mc wheel mod Rix! I'll be calling Buchannon today and try to work out getting the spokes.

My CA does not show the charge cycles, am I missing something in the menu setup? It is CA-3.0

jc#310 said:
My CA does not show the charge cycles, am I missing something in the menu setup? It is CA-3.0

No prob on the wheels JC, this may be an obvious question, but are you resetting the CA after each ride and charge cycle? I am not familiar with the CA 3.0, but if you toggle through the menu, you should be able to find a number under "CYCL"

Rick

Back