E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Had a bit of a piss around with the GoPro Studio. Here's me and Roger. Me on Stealth, him in his Jeep.

[youtube]fWe894IWtNA[/youtube]

ryrideswhat said:
New Video.

I'll let it do the talking ;)

[youtube]6CBUkHwB9Ao[/youtube]

Thats one second hand bomber u got there
Whats the damage so far?

Jimboyr6 said:
Whats the damage so far?

Shaved about a CM or two off the pedal when it scraped across the ground. Rather it than my knee to be honest with you. A scuff on the handlebar cap, obviously. Aside from that it's visually fine and there are no signs that anything is damaged in terms of function. It has developed a squeaky back brake but that was well before any slips. I kinda prefer it to look like it gets used anyway. It's like a good pair of converse- there's nothing less sexy than a clean, smooth, dirtbike.

ryrideswhat said:
Jimboyr6 said:
Whats the damage so far?

Shaved about a CM or two off the pedal when it scraped across the ground. Rather it than my knee to be honest with you. A scuff on the handlebar cap, obviously. Aside from that it's visually fine and there are no signs that anything is damaged in terms of function. It has developed a squeaky back brake but that was well before any slips. I kinda prefer it to look like it gets used anyway. It's like a good pair of converse- there's nothing less sexy than a clean, smooth, dirtbike.

I here ya,so u diddent bend any crank arms?result
That back brake undo allen key bolts,adjust caliper so theres equal gap between each pad and disc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,833
Jimboyr6 said:
ryrideswhat said:
Jimboyr6 said:
Whats the damage so far?

I here ya,so u diddent bend any crank arms?result
That back brake undo allen key bolts,adjust caliper so theres equal gap between each pad and disc

Thanks man! I'll take a look at that tonight and see if the squeel goes away. Only happens when moving the back wheel backwards slowly, or when the back wheel brakes coming in fairly fast.

ryrideswhat said:
It has developed a squeaky back brake but that was well before any slips.
Sometimes the pads and/or rotor can get glazed. Happens after some oil contamination gets on the rotor then you use the brake. First try some brake clean spray on the rotor and pads, and wipe the solvent off the rotor using some paper towels. Air blow the pads if you have that tool. Then go riding and apply that brake calliper seriously hard to seat and once cook the pads. If it still squeals or just doesn't stop real well, then remove the pads and sand off the top glazed surface. Just a fraction of a mm. Takes a few secs on each pad. Doing figure 8 motion on some abrasive gauze sheet. If you still dont have enough braking power, which usually on applies to the front, then you can use a soft/medium wire brush wheel to de-glaze the rotor surfaces - and again fresh cut the pads faces too. But I've never felt a need to deglaze the rotors on my Fighter yet. They wear quite fast.

Iv had a day of fettling
New Rear tyre+new black free wheel
Check hub motor etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,825
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,825
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,825
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,825
ryrideswhat said:
New Video.

[]

RY, should change your name to Crash Gordon :lol: Glad you are okay and no worse for wear. Good thing you dress in moto gear.

Jimboyr6, looks great, your stator looks brand new. Did you press in some new bearings?

RY, if your crank arms aren't bent you're really lucky. Everyone else's bike just falls off a log, and bends one of them. It's probably one of the most common repairs in this thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntour-Crank-Arms-pair-for-Stealth-Electric-Bikes-Bomber-/141451562185?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ef2b8cc9

Rix said:
ryrideswhat said:
New Video.

[]

RY, should change your name to Crash Gordon :lol: Glad you are okay and no worse for wear. Good thing you dress in moto gear.

Jimboyr6, looks great, your stator looks brand new. Did you press in some new bearings?

Na i changed bearings nearly a year ago when i got the bike,its only done 700miles
Just wanted to check things again and drill hole to spray acf50 lube when needed

Allex said:
Jim what rear tyre is that, looks beefy.

VUELTA USA
Thay do seem wide thats what i thought, and thay have a harder compound than duros and halo contras
So i thought id give them ago, nice tread round edge as well.
Cheap aswell
Ebay 380364293657

Theodore Voltaire said:
Athaneco said:
Cool photo , in London.

I have a tech question regarding my bomber. The motor axle thread is gone. What can i do about that ? Can this be rethreaded ? If yes, Where?
Or can i easily remove the whole axle and replace it with a new spare part. In this case is this hard work and a lot of trouble (i.e removal of magnets , motor , etc ) ?
Many thanks in advance

I read somewhere in this massive thread that the axle is pressed into the hub, and you can buy a new axle and press it in. Hopefully someone that's actually done it will came along and explain the process.
Yep I just did it after my axel broke into two.

Athaneco said:
thanks for your replies. If we assume i have a new axle identical to the damaged one, how do i install it ? i ve read on one post that this is pressed. Is this something that can be done at home with basic tools ?
Yeah PM me your email and I'll send you the instructions. You'll need to find a bike shop with an axel press.

Rix said:
ryrideswhat said:
New Video.

[]

RY you crash again?

proper159 said:
Rix said:
ryrideswhat said:
New Video.

[]

RY you crash again?

Technically that was my first crash.

I just got back from the Halloween Critical Mass ride in downtown Dallas. Just me and about 300 friends. Round trip from my little slice of heaven in the burbs was 41.2 miles, on 13.4 ah.

ryrideswhat said:
proper159 said:
Rix said:
ryrideswhat said:
New Video.

[]

RY you crash again?

Technically that was my first crash.
Beyond the throttle footage?

Theodore Voltaire said:
I just got back from the Halloween Critical Mass ride in downtown Dallas. Just me and about 300 friends. Round trip from my little slice of heaven in the burbs was 41.2 miles, on 13.4 ah.
Hey that's really good mileage. 66.3 km on 13.4 ah...must have been some steady speeds? With a mix of slow and fast speeds and hills, 60 km is usually my entire battery.

Back