E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

proper159 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I just got back from the Halloween Critical Mass ride in downtown Dallas. Just me and about 300 friends. Round trip from my little slice of heaven in the burbs was 41.2 miles, on 13.4 ah.
Hey that's really good mileage. 66.3 km on 13.4 ah...must have been some steady speeds? With a mix of slow and fast speeds and hills, 60 km is usually my entire battery.

The first 17 miles I averaged about 15 mph and used slightly more than 3 ah. The next 10 miles were cruising around downtown with a herd of bicycles only going about 8-10 mph. That only used barely 2 ah. I started for home in a headwind, about 14 miles away, and I was riding 20-25 mph. That used up 8 ah.I could have ridden faster on the way home, but by then it was cold, and my hands were starting freeze.

I've gotten good at preserving my ah's to accommodate any distance I plan to ride, thanks to my accurate CA. If I know for sure I have enough power, like when I'm commuting to school during the week, I blast 45 mph all the way. Depending on the wind it usually takes about 9 ah to get there, and then I put it on the charger, so then I have a full charge to blast back home too. That's some of the most fun riding I do, because I don't have any concerns about power consumption. I could ride the whole 26 miles round trip on one charge, but at the speeds I like to ride it would use up the whole battery to do it. Now days I seldom need discharge my battery more than about 12. How hard I charge away from the lights makes a big difference too. It all just depends on whether I feel like I need to save power or not.

If I had a 35 ah battery like Allex, I'd never need to worry about my power consumption, because I only have 20 mile butt.

Heres some more pics
These tyres have suprised me thay have a real good shape to them when i put air in them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,305
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,305
Theodore Voltaire said:
proper159 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I just got back from the Halloween Critical Mass ride in downtown Dallas. Just me and about 300 friends. Round trip from my little slice of heaven in the burbs was 41.2 miles, on 13.4 ah.
Hey that's really good mileage. 66.3 km on 13.4 ah...must have been some steady speeds? With a mix of slow and fast speeds and hills, 60 km is usually my entire battery.

The first 17 miles I averaged about 15 mph and used slightly more than 3 ah. The next 10 miles were cruising around downtown with a herd of bicycles only going about 8-10 mph. That only used barely 2 ah. I started for home in a headwind, about 14 miles away, and I was riding 20-25 mph. That used up 8 ah.I could have ridden faster on the way home, but by then it was cold, and my hands were starting freeze.

I've gotten good at preserving my ah's to accommodate any distance I plan to ride, thanks to my accurate CA. If I know for sure I have enough power, like when I'm commuting to school during the week, I blast 45 mph all the way. Depending on the wind it usually takes about 9 ah to get there, and then I put it on the charger, so then I have a full charge to blast back home too. That's some of the most fun riding I do, because I don't have any concerns about power consumption. I could ride the whole 26 miles round trip on one charge, but at the speeds I like to ride it would use up the whole battery to do it. Now days I seldom need discharge my battery more than about 12. How hard I charge away from the lights makes a big difference too. It all just depends on whether I feel like I need to save power or not.

If I had a 35 ah battery like Allex, I'd never need to worry about my power consumption, because I only have 20 mile butt.
When I ride to downtown (33 km) I go all out and my heart rate is through the roof. When I double up and do my 60 km ride it's a constant physics challenge of distance, velocity and time plus average wattage and ah per 10 km. I need to average below 3 ah per 10 km or else I won't have enough juice to get to my destination (a lot of hills at the end). There are sections I need to go pretty fast so the cars don't run me down and other sections I'm pedalling all out with low throttle on the bike trail.

I need to get Allex's battery so I can hit up side trails along my routes.

Allex said:
Prop, i can build you one :)

Jim, thx for the pictures, how thick are the sidewalls on those compared to duros?

How much would you take for one of these battery's ? Sipping not included. I live close enough to pick it up.

stritzky said:
Allex said:

Jim, thx for the pictures, how thick are the sidewalls on those compared to duros?

How much would you take for one of these battery's ? Sipping not included. I live close enough to pick it up.

Allex,

How are your newer batteries treating you? I havn't read anything from you lately on them so assume all is ok with em. :D

A friend of mine is thinking of going with either a Phasor or a Raptor to build up and I mentioned Allex's battery set-up.Needless to say he perked right up after reading/seeing Allex's post on them.

This begged the question from him,is there a trusted very experienced person on ES and in the USA that would/can build the same of Allex's 18650 battery and hardware set-up? I told him I'd ask here.

Thanks guys.

Tim

Allex said:

Rix
About the same as duros thickness

Jimboyr6 said:
Allex said:

Rix

So they are also a 2 ply tire. Thats interesting. I looked for them on the VueltUSA website, they don't have the tires there, is there a link?

The battery will set you back at around 2800USD
Mine is working great now. I write about it in my own thread
Allex, can you post your build thread link?

proper159 said:
Beyond the throttle footage?

Since turning on the 'soft start' that hasn't happened again. I wouldn't regard accidentally pulling too hard on the throttle from a standstill, on day one of riding my bike, as a crash. lol.

Am I the only one here who accepts crashing and scrapes as part of the fun and in many ways an inevitability?

I am looking at buying stealth fighter bike and what should I be checking on inspection?
how do i check the battery is good and how much is a replacement?
he says the speedo doesn't work?
thx
steve

Speaking of batteries, is anyone in the market for a lightly used fighter battery ?
It's from the 12 month old fighter I bought recently, only 100 cycles and they were quite shallow, easy cycles too. Only 700ah total so well under 50% discharge on average and when he handed the bike over the average whr/km was only 11! madness. :lol:

Nice new vid Ryan. I liked the London tour one but I reckon you should have a youtube channel totally dedicated to you falling off :lol:

Rix said:
Jimboyr6 said:
Allex said:

Rix
Rix wrote -
So they are also a 2 ply tire. Thats interesting. I looked for them on the VueltUSA website, they don't have the tires there, is there a link?

Thay are only on ebay 380364293657
If u type in 24x3 tyre ur find them
BANKRUPT STOCK CLEARANCE:

* MAKE: VUELTA USA

* 1 PAIR

* SIZE: 24" x 3.00"

* HEAVY TREAD

* WIDE TYRE

* WEIGHT: 1.50kgs

* COLOUR: BLACK

stevebills said:
I am looking at buying stealth fighter bike and what should I be checking on inspection?
thx
steve

This is a tricky one, is this the one that was on ebay?
When i went and got my bomber it was hard to know what to look for as u dont get to know what the ca should say,or what to look for, u cant go and look at a couple bfor u buy one, so un less u charge to full then discharged u wont truefully know condition of battery or if hes hiding somthing like MINE was :(
All u can do is look through on here find ur info, and heres newer owners info
http://stokgolm.myftp.org/SEB.Owners.Manual.2013.pdf

new stealth fighter upgrade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVs1QWURs-Y

Jimboyr6 said:
stevebills said:
thx
steve

This is a tricky one, is this the one that was on ebay?
When i went and got my bomber it was hard to know what to look for as u dont get to know what the ca should say,or what to look for, u cant go and look at a couple bfor u buy one, so un less u charge to full then discharged u wont truefully know condition of battery or if hes hiding somthing like MINE was :(
All u can do is look through on here find ur info, and heres newer owners info
http://stokgolm.myftp.org/SEB.Owners.Manual.2013.pdf

so i need him to fully charge bike and then what i run it for how many miles to fully discharge?
why would the speedo not work does that mean the CA is faulty?
what should the CA say?
Am I better getting a bomber instead as i weigh 18 stone?
is the bomber a better bike?

thx
steve

Whats the price. The batteries close to 2000 Australian to replace. If the bikes 2 years old the battery maybe requiring replacement. Unless you know its mileage and cycle life. Id be buying new unless I was getting it for at least 3000 off RRP.

Rodney64 said:
Jimboyr6 said:
Samer said:
new stealth fighter upgrade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVs1QWURs-Y

Im sure theres a copy right issue here

If you have a close look its far from similar.

It looks like a cross between Raptor, and a Stealth. I give them less than zero credit for originality, but they're pretty high on the list of deceptive advertisers.

Stealth on the other hand is refreshingly honest with claims about their bikes capability's. I found that out after buying a Bomber and discovering it can actually outperform the factory claims. They obviously care enough about their reputation, to tell the truth. Now days that's hard to find.

stevebills said:

how do i check the battery is good?

... so i need him to fully charge bike and then what i run it for how many miles to fully discharge?

Steve, In my limited experience with these things, I would guess that if the battery is not holding enough charge, then after a full charge and reset of power stats, followed by enough ride time, the battery (BMS logic) will suddenly self cut the power, well before the displayed battery % gets down near zero and well before the controller is put into economy mode. In other words the displayed % power remaining seems to be calculated based on amps/hour drawn versus some preprogrammed assumed battery capacity. If the battery capacity is less, then voltage drops unexpectedly soon, and the BMS says bye bye.

Can someone in the know verify and comment?

Regarding other things to check. Some ideas: Rust inside the frame (remove battery and padding). Freeplay in swingarm pivot or shock mounts. Condition of cables and connectors between controller and hub. How smoothly the motor pulls and sounds. Controller temp after some hard riding for 10+ minutes.Corrosion or pitting on the shock shaft or fork tubes.

For sure if it cuts out bfor ur display gets to 16 ah,bottom right ca,toggles between miles and ah or cuts out early say 6-700 wh max is 1200wh i think which is on the next screen on ca bottom left
Is the speedo top right not going up at all ?
Unless u get proof of good batt then u got to assume its frocked,
U get one made for £600-800
All other stuffs just normal bike parts,check rear wheel bearings noisey

Ok so give it full wot,(wide open throttle) seen what the volts, top left ca,sag to

Back