E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

proper159 said:
Allex said:
Prop, i can build you one :)

Jim, thx for the pictures, how thick are the sidewalls on those compared to duros?
Yes please do...except I have no money lol. Are there any fire hazards with your battery? A local guy here built one for a scooter type ebike and it caught on fire in the basement of a condo building after he left the bike charging for a few hours more after it was fully charged.

Same risk as with laptop batteries or regular production e-bike. How many have you seen burning? :)

Rix said:
Man its cold here too, that last vid I made with pops last week, well, its all covered in snow now. Some of the ski resorts around Tahoe are opening this next week. Boreal is open. I think this winter will have more snow than normal, its rare when resorts open up by Thanksgiving, let alone before.

As a consolation, this summer was one of the mildest we've had in years. We had good riding weather, and not much rain all summer. I was able to ride over 4000 miles.

My Bomber is coming up on it's first birthday soon, so I think I'll write a one year review next month.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:
Man its cold here too, that last vid I made with pops last week, well, its all covered in snow now. Some of the ski resorts around Tahoe are opening this next week. Boreal is open. I think this winter will have more snow than normal, its rare when resorts open up by Thanksgiving, let alone before.

As a consolation, this summer was one of the mildest we've had in years. We had good riding weather, and not much rain all summer. I was able to ride over 4000 miles.

My Bomber is coming up on it's first birthday soon, so I think I'll write a one year review next month.

Very nice TV, look forward to reading your review. With you on the mild summer, we only had two weeks this year where the temps were above 100F, normally we see a 5-6 week stretch of this. Not to go on the global warming rant, but sure not seeing that here. More like a shift in the global climate, the cold areas are not as cold, and the hot areas not as hot. 8 years ago, when I was in the Stans and Iraq, I personally witnessed 136F which wasn't the record. Most my friends over there now tell me it never reaches 130+F. Stays in the 120sF. Cool by comparison to approaching the 140s.

Does anybody know of a ignition key switch with an IP grade of 65 (Water Resistant / water proof) that will fit the Stealth Bomber with a shaft diameter of 19mm Ø

Here is the original hole/switch dimentions

Allex said:
Here is the original hole/switch dimentions

Post edited. Thanks Alex.

Does anybody know of a ignition key switch with an IP grade of 65 (Water Resistant / water proof) that will fit the Stealth Bomber with a shaft diameter of 19mm Ø

My Fighter #117 from February 2013 is up for auction. I'm going to re-run it with 3 day auctions until sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261649769609?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Full pictures and details are in the listing and at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aoy5rfxq7vh9dli/AAAo0D2SAYY1rNDCBER2MQM9a?dl=0

Attachments

• IMG_20130918_131558.jpg
    IMG_20130918_131558.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 2,074
rusty67 said:
My Fighter #117 from February 2013 is up for auction. I'm going to re-run it with 3 day auctions until sold.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1&CurrentPage=MyeBayAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX

Can't seem to view the ebay listing. Is it still up?

His listing link seems to link directly to his own profile... which will take you to your own profile.

Aside from the link being broken, I cannot seem to find a Stealth bike on the american ebay site either. I looked pretty soon after he posted so not sure if he posted it correctly to begin with?

:pancake:

proper159 said:
rusty67 said:

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1&CurrentPage=MyeBayAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX

Can't seem to view the ebay listing. Is it still up?

I cant find the listing either. Sent him a PM to let him know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stealth-Fighter-electric-bike-2013-w-upgrades-extra-motor-parts-light-Bomber-/261649769609?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ceb8aa489

Tom

Sorry about that guys my mistake I was rushing. The listing link is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261649769609?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Question for Bomber owners. During my commute to work, I hit a section of single track, with max grade around 28%. Some parts would be less steep, but let's take the worst case of 28%. Total climb is about 200 feet. I can't go flying up this section at full speed with a running start as it's shared with other trail users with traffic both ways. Occasionally, I may have to stop and let others pass.

I know hub motors don't like sustained climbs at low speed. Currently, on my mid-drive, I just drop it in low gear and let it chug away.

My question to Bomber owners, can I do the below without risk of overheating the motor:

1) Can I maintain a climb like this, but keep it at a low steady speed, say 10MPH, speed up to 20, then dial back to 10MPH if people are coming?
2) Can I start nice and slow from a dead stop on a 28% grade?

Thanks!

If you have the new Bomber with temp sensor then you do not have to worry overheating it.
Worst thing you can do is make dead stops followed by starts. A lot of heat go to the windings like this.
I would say Alt. one is better than the second. Always better to keep up the speed to have more efficient motor=less heat.
Keep your eye on your stator ring/covers. I know it is very hard to tell the temperature inside just by checking the outside shell but generally speaking if your temperature on shell is under 60C you are fine if it is 70-80 you better back of(boiling temp or more on the windings) - take it easy for a few miles or take a break for 20 minutes.

Thanks, Allex. I don't actually have a Bomber, but I'm considering getting one if it can make this type of commute reliably. And #1 and #2 are not options. Both situations may occur. If a jogger comes down this trail, then I'll have to stop to let them pass, then try to start up again.

It depends on how hard you pushed your motor before that hill as well.
But if you by New bike, lika I said you dont have to think about this stuff.

Anyone installed a heater on their battery for riding in cold climates? I noticed that my battery/motor performance drops off markedly when temperatures are low...

What I usually do. I find that the battery and motor heat up after 30 mins of riding, and I get a performance boost.

StinkyGoalieGuy said:
Question for Bomber owners. During my commute to work, I hit a section of single track, with max grade around 28%. Some parts would be less steep, but let's take the worst case of 28%. Total climb is about 200 feet. I can't go flying up this section at full speed with a running start as it's shared with other trail users with traffic both ways. Occasionally, I may have to stop and let others pass.

I know hub motors don't like sustained climbs at low speed. Currently, on my mid-drive, I just drop it in low gear and let it chug away.

My question to Bomber owners, can I do the below without risk of overheating the motor:

1) Can I maintain a climb like this, but keep it at a low steady speed, say 10MPH, speed up to 20, then dial back to 10MPH if people are coming?

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQu6Kwpu7A Check out this vid, my dad and I climb 1100 feet in about 1.5 miles. Start it at 40 seconds if you don't want to watch the whole video. Your 200 feet elevation gain isn't an issue, even if you don't have thermo rollback

Well guys, it has been real (a little too real) - and I'm bailing. Decided to get myself a proper motorbike (125cc for now) and pursue a motorbike license.

I use my bomber like a motorbike anyway, and that's probably not safe. Drivers don't treat you like one, no noise, no brake lights, indicators, etc etc.

I'll be taking the bomber back to the shop some time around next week, however, if someone on here (in or near London) wants to come and buy it, then I'm happy to hear you out. It has a scuffed up pedal on one side, and a scuffed handlebar end-cap. Entirely aesthetic. Oh and the front brake likes to squeal- I'm told this simply need an unscrew and rescue of the brake pads, but I'll leave that to the dude at the store. (Actually I prefer the squeal as it means I'm more audible haha!)

I actually contemplated strapping a Bose wireless speaker to the bike, calling it from a Bluetooth headset, and making bike noises as I went. Like Homer... haha!

[youtube]bG6ICFL7AdI[/youtube]

Message me if interested, otherwise, thanks so much for all you help guys. Communities like this are what makes these sorts of nutty passions work :)

StinkyGoalieGuy said:
Question for Bomber owners. During my commute to work, I hit a section of single track, with max grade around 28%. Some parts would be less steep, but let's take the worst case of 28%. Total climb is about 200 feet.

Thanks!

The answer is yes, and yes. As a matter of fact asking this question is an insult to a Bomber. At those kind of measly smeasly speeds my Bomber would gobble up that hill like the last pork chop at a dog convention.

Villain said:
morati said:
New problem just happened.....I just lost 1st, 3rd and 5th gears on my Bomber. Happened all of a sudden while pedalling. Any ideas Fellas?

I have the exact same problem with my vboxx. I have contacted dlogic but he didn't have many ideas. My problem came about when the bike was just over a year old and had done about 500km. Stealth says the vboxx will have to go back to Taiwan to be fixed. I have not had time to take the bike apart yet.

Hi guys today my vboxx stopped working 1st 3d and 5th gears :( any body know someting about that? Cheers

Samer said:
Villain said:
morati said:
New problem just happened.....I just lost 1st, 3rd and 5th gears on my Bomber. Happened all of a sudden while pedalling. Any ideas Fellas?

I have the exact same problem with my vboxx. I have contacted dlogic but he didn't have many ideas. My problem came about when the bike was just over a year old and had done about 500km. Stealth says the vboxx will have to go back to Taiwan to be fixed. I have not had time to take the bike apart yet.

Hi guys today my vboxx stopped working 1st 3d and 5th gears :( any body know someting about that? Cheers

Seems like you options are,

Repair it yourself
Send it out for repair
Buy a new VBoxx
Ride your bike with 6 gears.

What works best for you?

Personally I would probably try to buy a new VBoxx, before doing anything, because I hate being without my bike. Once I had a spare in hand, I'd try to make repairs on my original, and keep it as a rotating spare. If I failed to make the repair, as a last resort I'd send it to a authorized repair center.

Back