E-Scooter project build. 50 kw peak (video online page 4)

hello crew,

spend my day with boring stuff like make wires nice and clean ect.
17753313nk.jpg

17753315ue.jpg

17753317tt.jpg

then the courier came and bring my LED H1 headlights.
i was so excited, ripped out my old H1s and after 1 hour because some fitting issues i finally got them both in place.

17753388ql.jpg

17753391kt.jpg

17753387oa.jpg

17753389vk.jpg

17753390xp.jpg

flipped da switch and my face got longer...soooo disappointing! :evil: i never expect that. a candle would be more bright if i put it behind the reflector! :shock: :(
i got a micro flashlight with 330 lumens and as you can see its far better than these crap lights. so the advertised 1800 lumens each light on the box is a lie. little surprising because they where really expensive. if you guys plan to buy some of these for your car. DONT DO IT unless you can be sure to see the result in real conditions. even pretty expensive sets are no insurance they are bright like the sun.
oh and 1 of mine was broken from beginning. (one of the two sides flickers) :roll:

17753316mo.jpg

17753314gi.jpg

tomorrow they are going back and i get my money. already bought some 6000 kelvin HID lights today. they will do the job. 8)

later i fight alot to get my voltage display inside my speedo. i expect more space inside. first i try the new display i bought for the scooter. cant fit! so i ripped my ebike apart and stole that one. after 2 hours i finally glued it in place and its looking great :D

17753263ng.jpg

17753264on.jpg

17753265uh.jpg

17753274nr.jpg

17753272lv.jpg

17753273av.jpg

the new white cockpit LEDs looking awesome and the voltage display+ temp seonsor displays going on now when i turn the ignition key. some more high powered white LED stripes with 3600 lumen/meter already installed everywhere under the scooter. i dont think somebody really interested in that but if you wanna see let me know then i post some pictures.

got email today, finally my motor is done and on the way! if everything went good i will make my first test ride in 2-3 days.
17753666nb.jpg

test report of that motor is: 72V and 116Amps--->torque 192.2N.m and max RPM 1550 :twisted:

steam25 said:
directly from the chinese factory around here.
they are waterproofed and really good.
terrible bright. mine is 7500lumen and far more bright as normal car lights with high beams on.
you can choose from flood to beam. or mix them like you prefer.
running from 9-30 volts and drain only 1,9A out my bike battery.

from 2 up to 40 crees in row or double row.
start at 10$ each. mine with 80W cree cost around 45 $ ?

Does your supplier have a website as I am interested in a possible setup

Thanks
Jim

yes you can search in alibaba for exqample.
many lights there are crap. but the designs are pretty similar. so if you need some loghts just send me PM later. i think i am not allowed to post links here? just search LED LIGHT BAR. plenty of factories there. :idea:
you can just buy on your own or ask me for help. i test alot of these lights. some are fake and poor quality. some pretty good and cheap.

:shock: ooooh pretty 8)

hallo crew,
i need your help.

got my test controller toasted today. because key didnt response for weeks and dont give me the software tp programm it. so i think it runs far overpowered.
i got readings from over 300A peak and 190A continious with cycle analyst.

i like to use my cycle analyst and its functions to limit speed and current. also LVC rescued me not only once from walking home.
17790166mq.jpg

17790168ar.jpg

to make it short...

my questions:

- can other controllers use with cycle analyst and actually controll them?

- i want to get a kelly with 550 peak and 250A continious but still use my CA to adjust power if i like to. possible or not?

- are there any alternatives can use with CA?

- my temperature sensor read 81C° on outside housing---> then it goes up in flames. is cooling the key? i mean can i use a 24FET controller for 72V and 150A if i cool it better? this time it was not in airflow but inside the bike.

thanks for help in advanced, i would be glad if some professionals of you could give me answers to these questions.

i mean i have a 18FET 72V 50A max controller running since 2 years with 120A. no cooling at all and inside my bike.
why the 24FET which should be able to make 120A continious goes up in flames so easy?
i spend hours to post you photos from this project. now i hope i can get some help. :idea:
dont let me down guys :mrgreen:

well it seems i just continue my monologue here. :mrgreen:

i like to ask wether one of you guys can suggest me some safety features.
like battery cut if the shit hits the fan while i am on the street and want to hit a button to cut main power from controller? 90V and 700A peak should be enough.

any ideas or suggestions?
:idea:

what CA do you have? (or are you getting)

with the CA V3 you can limit the current, V2 i dont know.

with the kelly controllers, you need an external shunt to measure the current.

yes, getting the controller in some airflow is an absolute must (in my opinion)

if the pcb (yellow board in the photos) is not damaged, you can replace the mosfets (what type are they?)
and make you controller working again. have a look at zomiess (member here) thread on the forum about modding the 24 Fet controllers

thanks for answer buddy!

yes i already have 2x CA V2.23 here. one installed at my scooter. its the version to connect directly in 24FET infinion. but i figured out how to make it work with the external shunt i also ordered and arrive soon.
then i must use the green wire for throttle override. but not quite sure where to put the small shunt to block out throttle signal from my handle bar and let CA take control to limit it.

airflow agreed! i already got 4x high powered cooling fans i will add on the kelly later. also monitor temperature outside controller heatsink and make the fans temperature controlled so they start automaticly at 40C°

i already send the 24FET testcontroller back for repair so i dont need to make myself crazy. they will also improve and tune it to stand little higher continuous current.
now i am pretty sure the heat killed it last time because it was at 81C° and i cant touch the surface without burning myself pretty good.

this kelly will arrive tomorrow:
KEB72121E - peak 550A - continuous 200A - 12KW - 72V

i will config it first over USB and test it a little. later hook up the CA if i am absolutely sure how to do it. i dont want make a mistake and this weapon will go on full throttle outside. :!: :shock:

still dont figure out what battery cut i can use for 700amps i saw some before but not sure so i want ask you guys.

the kilovac EV200 is the most popular one i know.

make sure you use a anti spark resistor, otherwise the contacts in the contactor can weld together from the big current (initial charge of the capacitors).

also disconnecting the battery at power will be a big strain on these contactors, so avoid it as much as possible

as for the current limiting with the CA V2.23, have a look at chapter 7

http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/CA_Large_V223_Web.pdf

page 13 shows an diagram how to wire the throttle.

chapter 9.3 shows how to set up a current throttle, this might be interesting to try (smoother throttle control)

yes i found it this morning. thanks thought. the current throttle might be helpful. i will read more and try to do that.
on my test controller i found the throttle extremly agressive. cant get that thing on normal speed without feeling small differences in throttle input. all scooter is shaking a little. cant hold same level

good morning crew!

santa arrived just now and bring me a gift. new brakes from ADELIN arrived :mrgreen:

FIRST IMPRESSION:

holydearlordjesus :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!: these are some massive brake discs! and the calipers are twice the size ob my other "tuning brakes"

quality looks really good and i think i am in love :mrgreen:

i try to install them now... but i doubt they will fit

17829261vg.jpg

17829260vo.jpg

17829258cg.jpg

17829259cf.jpg

17829257fg.jpg

17829262zb.jpg

17829263wr.jpg

17829264fe.jpg

17829265yv.jpg

17829266xu.jpg

I don't usually dig the E-scooters but this is one kickass thread, great looking bike and some sick upgrades. Must be so awesome to get to experiment with all the different parts so close to the source. When you're on a shoestring budget like I usually am, waiting over a month to even have a clue as to whether or not it was a purchase keeps me from hitting the "add to cart" button.

haha thanks alot buddy! :mrgreen:

nicest words until now and it help me to get not so frustrated about the brakes. because the adapters need some metalwork to fit. and the disc is sooooo close to the rear shock it barely fit. (about 1mm space)
:mrgreen:

i post updates later

still fighting with the brakes.
they are so huge and very tight fit... barely 1mm everywhere space before touch the rim or something else. but i make progress! :mrgreen:

17831484ap.jpg

17831485sm.jpg

17831486ta.jpg

17831487nj.jpg

17831489vy.jpg

17831490wl.jpg

17831491ev.jpg

17831492lg.jpg

17831493mc.jpg

17831494rk.jpg

OH SWEET JESUS HE IS HERE!

the monster arrived yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
:shock: :mrgreen:

today is never ending christmas here :p

17831556cl.jpg

17831558ju.jpg

17831560qa.jpg

17831559mb.jpg

17831557on.jpg

17831561ap.jpg

holy crap i am so excited haha!

good evening crew,

today i went to my electrinic market and bought everything i need to connect the kelly to battery and motor.

17841962ks.jpg

17841967of.jpg

17841959hc.jpg

17841969ck.jpg

17841970iw.jpg

17841971yz.jpg

17841972av.jpg

17841975ku.jpg

17841979yn.jpg

used alot shrinktube to get everything nice connected later. throw together 2x 36V open frame power supplies and put them to 72V in series.
because i prepared everything last days it was more like plug&play. everything fits perfectly together and after flip the switch first time the red error LED went to green after 5 seconds!
OH YEAH BABY! thats how we like it. motor is spinning and everything seems to be good.
:mrgreen: piece of cake!

17841977kn.jpg

i also got 2 high power 12V fans for the kelly. more later.

SANTA ring my doorbell and bring the new BOSCH DOT4 brake fluid. got a small tube from market and got rid of the air in my brake system after install the ADLELIN brakes.

17841961dn.jpg

17841960no.jpg

17841963fx.jpg

more soon because now i am fighting with the software for the stupid damn USB-R232 connector.
cant install the software!!
i got windows 7 chinese version here.
i installed the drivers first and plug the USB in. but get error codes and cant use the software not to set zero throttle in the kelly and lower amps for first testride. any tips? :idea: :?: :idea:
i tried everything i found online about the damn PROLIFIC drivers. tomorrow i just change to a friends notebook and we should be good to go.

all wires hooked up and ready to shrink after find the right place for my controller and be sure i dont need take the cables off again:

17843815qt.jpg

17843817fu.jpg

i am finished install the big cooler to backside of the kelly and add the 2 high power fans i bought today.
looking good and make alot wind when turn them on. i think i will build a temperature control and let them cool the controller automaticly like i think before...what do you think what temperature i should set as "ON switch"?

17843819sw.jpg

17843816ae.jpg

17843818et.jpg

17843822qb.jpg

17843821wy.jpg

17843823cq.jpg

small gimmik: i found these stickers and cant resist to buy some! 2 i put on the side panels over the motor. :mrgreen:

17843824pk.jpg

Steam25 I am liking your project, very similar idea to what I want to do. I am using a different bike from you but other than that I can learn a lot from your project! The battery side is interesting, you are going with some serious capacity from what I can tell! I was thinking 96V at 40Ah for mine.

Derbi_GP1_Racing.jpg

Back