• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Ebay Seller 2012wu2012

Hello,

Has anyone had a chance to try out these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48v-20ah-LiFePo4-Electric-Bicycle-Battery-Scooter-EBike-Rechargeable-18650-3-2V-/140697573853?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item20c23a99dd

From ebay seller:

2012wu2012

Prices is lower than Ping's.... But its hard to trust a batt that doesn't have any mention on the forum here!

Thanks,

Chris

c-roots@hotmail.com said:
But its hard to trust a batt that doesn't have any mention on the forum here!
Exactly. It's your money, so you can be a guinea pig if you really want to.

But in many cases, it ends up a lot more expensive to experiment with some untested stuff and have it either die or not work as promised, and then have to replace it with whatever it was you would have bought in the first place. ;)

Myself, if I had money for a pack and needed to buy one premade, I'd get an A123 pack from Cell_man here on the forum.

If I had money for a pack and were building it myself, then depending on how much money I had I'd get either A123 20Ah pouches or the Dow Kokam NMC pouches. Either one would easily do what I'd need to do with a bike, even with heavy cargo hauling and whatnot. Both are better than the RC LiPo packs, if you have a lot of DIY skills to assemble them into packs. Mostly because of better quality control, resulting in less worry about them arriving already dead, dying early on, or bursting into flame due to some little defect in there (especially combined with possible accidental abuse).

Nice carbon box to prevent you from ever knowing what's inside.

Don't do it!

I got a similar battery from conhismotor and I was only getting 15 ah and not 20!

It weight 14 kg ! :shock: :shock:

Ping's 48V 20ah weighs 9.9 kgs, and it worked perfect for me and 1.5 years later it still works for my friend who I sold it to!

Ping is known and trusted!

frick ebay, Get reliable battery pack either from Paul (Cell_Man), or Ping. They are very excellent reputation.

Thanks for the Info guys. I was just curious to see if anyone had given them a shot before. I hadn't seen that the pack was 14 kg though!

Thanks,

Chris

c-roots@hotmail.com said:
Thanks for the Info guys. I was just curious to see if anyone had given them a shot before. I hadn't seen that the pack was 14 kg though!

Thanks,

Chris

Yep defiantly ping, or for high power use, cell-man's packs are the ones to get!

Back