Ebike stolen in Perth Western Australia

Modbikemax

1 kW
One of my bikes was stolen from the front of my shop today.
My wife rides to work with me on her days off. Today she left the bike out the front of my shop for a few minutes.
I was talking to a customer in the back of the shop and I saw the whole thing. A you woman walked up to the door, I now know she was casing the place, walked off, came back a few seconds later jumped on the bike and rode off. It took a few seconds to register what was going on. I grabbed my bike, today I decided to ride my non ebike today, and took off after her. Long story short I lost her.

I have posted a reward on Gumtree in the hope that someone will find it laying in a park somewhere.
It will be of little use to the thief since it has lipos and non standard controls so they won't be able to charge it and my guess is they won't know how to turn it on.

Lesson here for everyone, lock em up even for a minute.

Here what it looks like if you see it somewhere. Note the controller is mounted on the axle which I am pretty sure is unique.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 559
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 559
Kind of makes you want to install GPS in all your bicycles. I hope you get your bike back.

https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63391

Really sorry to hear of the loss. Really clean build BTW....

These quick 'harmless' 2 minute stops are why I installed an Abus frame lock. This is not a substitute for longer term protection with real chains and locks, but always ready to go and only takes 3 seconds to lock - a lock for very specific but common situations.

I used an ABUS Amparo 4850 SP/LH which has a key that can be removed when unlocked. I got it from Lockitt.com - good price and fast delivery. I had no room in back and used the fork instead.

Back