ebikes - any standards at all?

The best weight location for any bike is directly in line with the center of both axles.
The same goes for these huge batteries in electric cars.

mid drive below the crank and battery right above it sitting on the down tube is likely the ideal weight distribution for a bike.

hub drive benefits from *being* the axle.

The best weight location for any bike is directly in line with the center of both axles.
The same goes for these huge batteries in electric cars.

mid drive below the crank and battery right above it sitting on the down tube is likely the ideal weight distribution for a bike.

hub drive benefits from *being* the axle.
and that would be my plan. except I'd be putting the battery weight in the down tube rather than on top of it.

I'm not changing the original physics of whatever frame i end up using. just the guts. ideally the one i pick to play with is one i'm already happy with the handling behavior of.

AFAIK there are at least eight different battery/charger connectors for different companies, no company has a mounting system that will accommodate another company's motor and some companies have mounting systems that don't accommodate their motors from other years. You probably can find a frame that will accommodate a Bafang mid on Aliexpress and maybe one with slots for internal wiring that might be appropriate for a hub. Also, you can purchase frames with motors and batteries already mounted from Specialized and others.

Back