Ebikes are for rebels....

Each beings body continues to respond only to the commands of the beings own mind and own choices.

Illusions of non-self governance are generated through folks choosing to impose violence and/or threat of violence. Even with threat of imminent torture or death, the world remains exclusively self-governed beings each controlling their own bodies actions alone.

Taxes are paid at ultimately at the barrel of a gun, as non-payment means goons come to cage you, if you choose not to be caged you're killed or beaten and later caged.

The best way to keep a slave a prisoner is to tell them they are free, and to never mind that if they stop performing as an obedient slave they may be caged or killed no different than a slave escape attempt.

As each individual being remains the sole operator of each body, 'anarchy' isn't a state that requires making any changes to achieve, merely recognize its always all that has been, despite some making their own choices to impose their will on others through violence or threat of violence.

Jesus was an anarchist and worked to challenge and destabilize the established religion/customs to be replaced by humans making compassionate life choices.
Buddha was an anarchist who made compassionate life choices over following any rule book. Gandahi was ironically trained as a lawyer who then became anarchist and chose to make compassionate life choices instead of obeying lawbooks.

My best advice to my fellow ES family or anyone of our fellow shipmates on this beautiful spaceship is to treat every being you encounter with the same kindness you would treat your own grandmother. Give with the same generosity you would want shown to yourself. Respect the life experience of every being you encounter as you would wish your own life experience to be respected.

We each get a single moment of human experience between birth and death. No matter what circumstances may occur, including cages/torture/hunger/sickness/injury, if you continue to make compassionate life choices the experience will be more enriching and fulfilling and pleasant and peaceful inside even if you are bleeding out in a cage or starving in a ditch vs making non-compassion rooted choices living in a mansion surrounded by supercars and yachts.

If the rest of the world wants to rip around in multi ton machines that spray toxins that kill 3-6Million humans a year while changing the balance of atmosphere life support gasses, and you want to ride an ebike instead, ride your ebike. Let them shake their fist. If they confiscate it build or buy another. If you get locked up, when you get out continue riding. Millions of lives yearly and long-term many billions of human lives depend on people choosing to do this at some point even of todays fashion in hats means tickets or jail etc.

When you're doing something that literally shifts the course of your species from self-imposed extinction towards a sustainable continued existence, each time someone tries to stop you it will be empowering and building your resolve not diminishing it.

LockH said:
^^ Watt Master LFP said. My "problem"? I feel surrounded by Sheeple (ES Definition:)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85873

Aka "bottom feeders". I sense from the product of generations of lousy parenting.

:cry:

Love the sheeple, had you been born in their situation and suffered the decade+ of daily indoctrination slave programming/training they call school you may have ended up just as deluded and unaware my friend.

^^ WATT??? By the time I left my parents home (at 17y.o.) I had lived in 12 diff. homes and been to 15 diff. schools. Then went on to colleges and a university... Found that teachers were like parents... some good and some... not so good. (Last year of high school, one teacher let me try my first taste of THC. Hehe) I actually used to look forward to seeing some teachers... and some not (as reflected in my marks)... The "best" school was my first on arriving in England (lived in England three years, and went to three different schools...) as a private boarding school where all us kids wore denim overalls through the week (official "proper" uniforms on Sundays and "special occasions"...). Yah might read about High Trees:
http://www.wadhurst.demon.co.uk/high-trees/

So basically kids from all over/different countries, all dressed the same... and co-ed... Nirvana for a philatelist...and numismatist... :) A "united nations" all in one school. Were I "King" today, I'd take all kids away from their parents and mix `em all together wearing "no name" clothing when they're "school age". So there. :D

You sir are a lucky man to have such a diverse range of school and care taker experience.

Do tell me though friend, no matter the school you were in, perhaps you would agree the general theme remained to mindlessly obey authority, show up on time and not question trading hours of your life away in someone else's busy work?

Do you think curriculum is designed to make free thinking informed contented peace-filled folks, or unsatisfied perpetual consumer slave workers?

^^ Hehe... Master LFP... I'm sure all very true. But I've been a "rebel" most all my life? Said to be a "bright boy"... repeatedly... it wasn't `til a recent mixing w/the local "health care SYSTEM" (they still have HOSPITAL signs all over) that doctors tested my bloody brain and concluded I should have a "higher I.Q." than 95% of their other patients. (Hence my interest in electric traction. hehe) My "problem"? All around me I see stuff that looks "funny"... like for example urban transportation. Makes me wish some times that I was "normal". [Sigh] Anyway... Lets' get back to regular programming... tap about ebikes. I'm "badly addicted" on the subject. :mrgreen: My ancestors were a fairly "bright" bunch it seems. They started out traveling around on business (watt the Scandinavians called "viking") but in recent centuries the guys were all military. But one at least helped Toronto schools to introduce a new program that the Germans termed "kinder garten". :mrgreen: The object in life I figure is to leave this world a "better" place for future generations. Yes? LOVE watt the folks at Vintage Bikes are doing... :D

Well I've spent most of the week doing the city, ( stockholm) blending in with the evening commuters, ( speed wise) and my view of the traffic is that the biggest problem is the speed bikes, guys dressed in speedos and the latest gear blowing by the average people making their way home, total disregard for red lights and people crossing from incoming streets. I was hardly noticed other than when I stopped at a red light, real positive responses. If anarchy exists, it is most assuredly the high speed racing bikes that don't give a damn to the hundreds of other bikes around them.

Attachments

• sparta new.jpg
    sparta new.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 615
liveforphysics said:
Each beings body continues to respond only to the commands of the beings own mind and own choices.

Illusions of non-self governance are generated through folks choosing to impose violence and/or threat of violence. Even with threat of imminent torture or death, the world remains exclusively self-governed beings each controlling their own bodies actions alone.

Taxes are paid at ultimately at the barrel of a gun, as non-payment means goons come to cage you, if you choose not to be caged you're killed or beaten and later caged.

The best way to keep a slave a prisoner is to tell them they are free, and to never mind that if they stop performing as an obedient slave they may be caged or killed no different than a slave escape attempt.

Okay, I agreed with you up to there, and would agree with you to the end if I was Arminianist rather than a Calvinist. Rather, I believe in the total depravity of man, therefore, without the capability to consistently act good. But let's not get too theological.

Rather, I believe in social compact, because the laws of nature are indiscriminate. One person sprays cyanide gas in a small room - everyone in that room dies. The law of nature doesn't care, but the law of man would say stop him using violence if necessary. One billion people spray carbon dioxide, PMM 2.5, and billions of tons of pollutant in the air - and the law of nature says we all die. Human laws should step in and stop it: With incentives, with regulation, and finally with violence if required.

What I am saying is that inherently, the laws of nature are immutable, and unfair. Human laws are required to impose the cost of risk to the risk taker, and not let it be transferred to innocent parties.

Given that reasoning, if one person rides between little old ladies with a walking frame, and a 2 year old toddler at 60km an hour with heavy bike with sharp edges, the law should step in and stop the risk of harm. Do the same thing on the road, and the natural risk transfers *mostly* to the rider, but not entirely. Unless the residual risk is acceptable to society, that too needs to have a human law, to stop the law of nature being unfair.

Everything else though, I agree with you.

Are e-bikes for rebels?

First what is rebel? A rebel used to be rebelling against the established government even so by taking to the use of guns. Since the 50's rebel has taken on a different meaning. We all remember the denim and T-shirt wearing rebel James Dean? He was more a rebel amongst his pier. The young ones. New thinking as to the established. So what is a rebel today? One that takes to the shotgun or sink ships? Not so much I would say. More like a free thinker. One that is questioning the consensus and the established dogma of society.

We all need a car! Do we really?

Yes I have to say e-bikers are rebels. Each and every one of us.

No shame in a little rebellion against fossil fuel and congested roads.

Back