ebikes.ca phone saying "out of service" - anyone else gettin

callagga

100 W
anyone else having trouble getting through to their advertised phone number? (I'm from Australia)

callagga said:
anyone else having trouble getting through to their advertised phone number? (I'm from Australia)

With the time difference....you are probably better to contact them by email, Justin will reply you very quickly!

I called last week (from Quebec, in Canada) without any problem...so it's something wrong on your side.

Robin

I just called (604) 288-7316 at 20:10 PDT. That's after store hours. It's a local call for me.
The answering machine message said they're either busy with other customers or closed.
Email always gets a quick response. Perhaps co-ordinate a designated time to reach them by phone.

Nothing wrong with the folks at Renaissance. Notice they publish store hours in their local time. Even then, they might be to busy to answer before the machine picks up. Be patient, keep trying.

I had two pleasant phone conversations with those folks this afternoon.

e-mail Justin or Zev and tell them what country you live in and they will most likely call you. I live in USA and they called and set me up with my order. Much cheaper that way.

This is Justin's e-mail address...

info@ebikes.ca

Use Skype, which is practically free to call.

I emailed Justin with an enquiry on why it was cheaper to freight a NC kit with Nicad to NZ than the Ezee with the same Nicad (roughly $200 more!!). Got a reply in 24hours that made total sense. (They can't fit the Nicad in the Ezee box and freight companies go by volumetric rather than weight alone.)

I used to work for a courier firm part time and we did the same thing.

But I was suprised at the result.

Here's my email and the reply.
Justin and crew...

I was playing around with the different ways one could build a system and the freight cost to NZ on your site recently.

Ezee26 front plus CA Upgrade $209.96 Xpresspost Int

EzeeFNoBatt plus CA upgrade plus Nicad 36V8Ah bundle $391.22 ($190 extra for maybe 2kg extra weight.)

NC26 kit plus B36O8Cd bundle $216.64

The following $187.84:
Batteries:B3608CdT1-EL

Chargers:CG362Ni-EL

Controllers:C3620PF

Misc. Electrical:CA-DP

Misc. Hardware:BattBagT

Motors:M408R26

It seems a little strange that one of the heaviest hubs plus battery options should have a) the lowest cost to ship and b) roughly half the shipping cost of the lighter weight Ezee kit with a battery swap out. It seems there's no cost savings for me to use Nicad instead of LiMn for the Ezee, once one figures the extra freight.

Are these numbers accurate? And are there cheaper options to freight to NZ?
Hey <myname> and thanks for the email here. The online shipping
calculator details are still getting worked out. It gets a bit
complicated because most of the hub motor boxes go by a volumetric
rather than an actual weight. So it costs the same for us to ship an
eZee kit with or without the lithium battery. But if we wanted to add
a NiCad, that doesn't fit inside the eZee motor box like the lithium
pack and has to be shipped separately, so the calculator is behaving
mostly correct in this regard. I'm pretty sure that we CAN fit a NiCad
pack inside the larger Nine Continent box though.

In any case, for overseas orders we actually usually just ship with
TNT which is less than XpressPost and will reply with a proper
shipping quote over email. So if you want to send the order details to
sales@ebikes.ca then either Hilary or Adam will get back to you with
more accurate shipping rate.

Back