• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Electra Townie MXUS eBike

KimA

10 µW
Hi.

Built this bike during the winter.
- MXUS 500W motor
- 10S LIPO 15Ah

Runs like a dream. No speedy, but handles great.

Attachments

• 20120317_142742.jpg
    20120317_142742.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 3,587
  • 20120317_145016.jpg
    20120317_145016.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 3,587
Nice battery box. That’s more my style at 6’4”, 225. That looks like a great commuter. A+

The battery box is made from 9mm MDF wood. It is so easy to work with...

Super nice KimA, I bet it handles awesome have the batteries so low.
I am also looking into the MXUS DD motor. How do you like the kit so far?
Which motor wind did you get? Did you get the 9 FET or 12 FET controller?

Beautiful. The pedal forward bikes ride so nice. I just personally need to stand the pedals more for any longer rides, due to a bad lower back. But I'd be on something just like that if I was young again.

Nice work! Anybody considering Pedego or similar cruiser style should consider following your lead.

Racer_X said:
Super nice KimA, I bet it handles awesome have the batteries so low.
I am also looking into the MXUS DD motor. How do you like the kit so far?
Which motor wind did you get? Did you get the 9 FET or 12 FET controller?

I got the motor last year and useed it on a MTB. It have run over 2000km without any problems. The speed is 37km/t at 10S lipo.

I'm using the small 9Fet controller.

Hey KimA!

Can you give us an update on how it's going with your Electra Townie? I'm very interested in hearing how the bike and the components are holding up.

Awesome battery box - it looks like you mounted switches and anderson connectors on the box?

How did you wire in the motor? It looks like a single, direct wire connection from the motor hub to the controller???

Thanks!
JKB

jkbrigman said:
Hey KimA!

Can you give us an update on how it's going with your Electra Townie? I'm very interested in hearing how the bike and the components are holding up.

Awesome battery box - it looks like you mounted switches and anderson connectors on the box?

How did you wire in the motor? It looks like a single, direct wire connection from the motor hub to the controller???

Thanks!
JKB

The bike now has over 100km on is't back, and is still drives perfect. The std. break pads gets worn a bit fast, but that must be the speed and wight of the bike.

Anderson and switch is mounted in the box, so that I can parallel charge the LiPo's. Serial wire harness for controller and parallel wire harness for charging.

The motor wires are wraped with black heat shrink, so it looks like one wire :)

I've just started building another bike, with a batterybox with the same concept... pictures up soon.

Kim A

Back