Electric locomotive with Kelly controller KAC120G-12KW, has limited speed! help !

Sxnel

10 µW
Hello to all members!
I am new to this forum and I have a problem with this electric locomotive with Kelly KAC120G-12KW controller! The problem is that the locomotive runs at a maximum of 8km/h! The other locomotives (same model) run at 35 km/h! Is there anyone who has encountered this situation and can give me some advice? Does the controller need to be reprogrammed? Do I need converter cables, new software? I can't find software for the KAC12OG-12KW on the Kelly website!? Thank you in advance for any advice or help!

Attachments

• locomotiva.jpg
    locomotiva.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230723_120542.jpg
    20230723_120542.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 24
  • connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
Do all the others have the exact same hardware configuration?

Did this one ever run like the others?

If it did, what happened between the time it did, and the time it didn't?

Are they battery powered, or do they get power from the rails or some other external source?

I have one that are newly arrived, powered by 72 V batteries
, at this speed have been going since arrived. The others, being the same model, work well, only this one run slowly !

Last edited:
There is programming software and a cable you can get for the Kelly. That would be a good place to start. Possibly the previous owner had it programmed to run slow.

The "previous owner" is the manufacturer! The locomotive is new! Origin, obviously China!

Do you know if there is an SM-4A to USB converter or do I have to use the SM-4A to RS232(DB9) version together with RS232 to USB?

Hello again ! I received from the Chinese seller, the bluetooth version to connect to the controller...it only works with android, but out of three versions of android I tried, it can't connect with any of them! Is there another protocol for connecting? (except the version with cable!) ?

Hi all ! I solved the problem with this controller only after I ordered an SM-4A to USB data cable, with which I could change the data of the controller with a PC! Thank you all for your kindness and for your time! Good luck in everything!

Back