Estimated automony Bafang 1000W

zoumerela

1 mW
Hello lovely people, I am ready to buy the Bafang 1000w motor and the largest battery I can fit on my bike is 52V17.5Ah. It is an all mountain bike that I will use to ride uphill and downhill on the mountain. My weight is around 68 kilos. I want to basically use the pedals all the time, I just need the motor to assist me on the uphill sections, which are not insanely steep, just imagine service roads for the fire brigade in the forest. How long will I be able to ride like that before I run out of battery according to your experience?

I do not ride fast. I am enjoying the scenery like a tourist :)

And are there several 1000W motors? BBSHD I guess, at least these are the ones on offer on Aliexpress.

Your question is impossible to answer with any accuracy.
It depends on the track, how muddy, how many, and how steep the hills are, how much and how hard you pedal assist, how fast you want to go, 20kmh vs 30kmh is a BIG difference, etc etc
But as a guide only,.. i ride a 750w , torque sensing mid drive , on hilly fire trails, probably average 15-20kmh ( whilst actually moving) , with a 48v , 16Ah pack. I can ride 3-4 hours with 50% of the pack still left at the end....and i do not pedal hard..i let the motor do most of the hill work.

Hillhater said:
But as a guide only,.. i ride a 750w , torque sensing mid drive , on hilly fire trails, probably average 15-20kmh ( whilst actually moving) , with a 48v , 16Ah pack. I can ride 3-4 hours with 50% of the pack still left at the end....and i do not pedal hard..i let the motor do most of the hill work.

Thank you for this information, it really helps. It does give me an idea that actually sounds like a dream come true because I am interested in range and this is amazing. Now, because you mentioned "torque sensing mid drive", this is another of my questions, cause I read that the BBSHD does not sense torque and this may be a problem with pedal assist? Which drive do yo have if I may ask please? Thank you!

I run the TSDZ2, 48v, 750W version..
I think that Torque sensing is the more efficient way of using the limited energy available.
It is certainly gives much more range than when using direct throttlr control.
I believe some versions of the Bafang drives also can operate with TS.

To add a little data..
My last outing was a 25km fire trail ride, very hilly, very rough with lots of deep washout channels etc.
The ride used 5.8 Ah from the 48v pack ..290 Wh, <12 Wh/km.
I averaged approx 20 km/h...max 50km/h (briefly, down a smooth section !)

Back