EU Road Legal Electrification (???)

zerous said:
macribs said:
flippy said:
zerous said:
So is it possible if I as example sell my Cagiva to a guy from Germany to register Cagiva in Germany and get german plates or do new owner need to show all certificates like EMC document before registration?
Cagiva is approved and road legal in Sweden.
no, it already has a EU plate so its just a simple import job. it just needs the papers issued in sweden (exluding the owners document ofcourse) for registering it in germany. then it is just a german vehicle.

It all depends, are the Cagiva stock form? Or did you do a one off conversion to electric and have that build legalized in sweden?
If bike is stock no problem with export. If bike is a one-off problem can be expected. I run into problems when I tried to buy and import a one-off bike from UK to Norway. Norwegian dmv wouldn't give me plates without further documentation from third party companies like Tûv in Germany.

You will need to check with the dmv in Germany before closing the deal to see if it will be smooth sailing and all ok, or if dmv require more documents and possible a third party inspection and validation.

Cagiva is one off conversion and fully legalized in Sweden. I thinking about to sell it and want to know how big market is :)

If I was in your position I would make one really good email that contains every details about your build, with any copies of correspondence with the swedish dmv and a copy of the papers and email it to all of EU dmv's. That way you will know what marked will work easily for your bike, and the more you can fix and the less guesswork the new owner will have to do the higher price you can ask for your build. Should be a popular thread in the for sale section here on the forum if could list several EU countries that will accept this bike as an import without any further third party inspections or hours upon hours of boring paperwork to get the bike legalized.

Guys this is great we are making a great talk and step by step creating an interesting source for "the way to follow".

Hope we can still include some info and most important a real case of electrification and homologation without asking for a miracle, that would help enormously the way we build in EU.

Some info post are stunning! Thanks!

Back