Evil methods smokes 9C with electric monster truck (pics+vid

It is not time yet. The price of solar panels (like batteries) is in free-fall. The thought of spending $20k on panels today, only to find out that tomorrow the price is half and the energy density is double- would ruin me. I badly want to go off the grid (or at least grid tie) but I dont think the time is right quite yet.

Similar to electric cars... You have no idea how bad I want to build an EV - but I refuse to use Lead Acid and the price of lipo drops WEEKLY so I am waiting - and learning - and watching - and planning - and making contacts.

We should stay in contact - I will be doing a bulk-buy in the not to distant future. Both for solar panels and batteries.

-methods

Ypedal said:
deecanio said:
lol Methy,

i'm surprised you dont have the DEA bustin down your door with that setup!!

D

lmao.. read my mind :D

Me three.

I mean, he's not called "Methy" for nuffink, eh?

methods said:
I am trying to look sophisticated. Did I pull it off?
-methods

Hrmmmz, dunno about "sophisticated" Methy but i know that pic is saved on my HDD and will reappear at some date after its seen some photochop action LOL...'Ol Luke knows what i mean LOL..

Seriously mate your an inspiration Patrick i couldnt agree more with your statement

"Sitting around watching TV (and watching other people do stuff) is for retards. :mrgreen: "

Too many sit and say "i wish i could do that" fact is if they put in the effort they could most are just too damn lazy...

KiM

p.s it does look like a drug lab though mate hahaha, i remember you showed pics of your coral setup ~year or so ago was also very very impressive, as where the pics Luke's posted of his...With the reef tanks the e-bikes race cars and welding IN THE freakin kitchen! you must have THE most understanding wife in the history of mankind!

Wow, I've asked a few questions on here, but this one tops the "watch what you ask for" saying. I was clueless :? Now it makes perfect sense. I also consider it the ultimate compliment when one of my kids tell me " You can build it Dad, You can build anything" :lol: :wink:

nice job for the distillation system !! but are you sure you produce water ? lol I have one friend of mine who seling distilled water and I got the
water for free :D :D and the system he use is far complex then yours so be careful with bacteria !!

I like all your video, you make me laugth everytime its my kind of humour!!

nice job

methods said:
I run a "night cycle" too.
My 2KW metal halides turn on around 8pm and stay on till 6am so I am sure there is a "hot spot" showing in my house on the infrared scanners. They fly over with helicopters at night for those of us who have outrageous electric bills :roll:

-methods

Yeah, I saw that in Weeds - with the stolen cross holding the lights over the plants :)

What I don't get is....it's an abandoned house right, so how do you get the utilities connected? Don't you have to prove ownership?

Mark_A_W said:
Don't you have to prove ownership?

He did say he purchased it.

methods said:
Here is me - the first day I bought this house.

I would guess he bought it from the city or whichever public body had the title of the home
and the legal 'statutory' wait time had expired after the previous "owner" did the runner...

KiM

Ah, I missed that, thanks Kim.

Everyone needs a methods otherwise we'd never know where the limits are and blow ourselves up! I have to wonder about the mental state of Mrs methods though ;)

LOL! That is awesome!

Luke_clown_in_Honda.jpg

Mental state?
I question the mental state of people who spend 8 hours of their life doing a job they hate and then go home to watch 5 more hours of commercials on TV for stuff they dont want :mrgreen:

Cool wife?

Here is an awesome video of my wife cleaning up some extremely nasty cat shit/barf with 2" moldy hair growing on it.

The look on her face is priceless. . . . .

Nasty ass cat turds
32Mb - download, don't stream

Hi-Larious!

-methods

That video was awesome! Great work!

It's good to see you finished up laying the tile on the kitchen floor... lol... She was hassling you to finish that before I got started in E-bikes. lol Does she just not see it anymore? lol You two seem like a great couple :)

methods said:
Cool wife?

The look on her face is priceless. . . .

Hi-Larious!

BWAHAHAA your so mean Methy "what happens if i dont clean it up" ... "your going to get a beating" hehehehe
Shes definitely a keeper Patrick, your a lucky man :)

KiM

No...
She said "What do I get if I clean it up?"
I said "A beat'n!" :p

Reward, not thread :wink:

One of our hobbies is "white trash watching". Walmart is a good place - you can see people there that probably do beat their wives.

-methods

Methods, your posts always seem to crack me up. Your wife has a great attitude towards your antics. Here's one I ran across today and just had to laugh. I could just picture you pedaling. Too bad you don't live nearby.

methods said:
Today I disassembled my office chair, shimmed the piston on the bottom, and bolted it into the seat post hole on my chopper bike.
Rode up and down the street like a Gangster. I have no idea why but my 36V 20A Crystalyte just popped 1Ah into the trip.
Was totally lame trying to pedal a chopper bike while sitting in an office chair. . .

-methods

The first thing my wife said when I rigged that office chair on to the choppa was:

"Ewwwww! Are those boogers? Is that where you wipe your boggers?!?!?"

lol.... :mrgreen:

That indeed is where I stash my boogers :p

-methods

methods said:
The first thing my wife said when I rigged that office chair on to the choppa was:

"Ewwwww! Are those boogers? Is that where you wipe your boggers?!?!?"

lol.... :mrgreen:

That indeed is where I stash my boogers :p

-methods
AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA ow my gut.

Hi,
methods said:
Similar to electric cars... You have no idea how bad I want to build an EV - but I refuse to use Lead Acid and the price of lipo drops WEEKLY so I am waiting - and learning - and watching - and planning - and making contacts.

-methods
IMO the best deal is going to be used automotive packs from junk yards a few years after EV's and PHEV's with lithium packs start shipping.

MitchJi said:
Hi,
IMO the best deal is going to be used automotive packs from junk yards a few years after EV's and PHEV's with lithium packs start shipping.

I could not agree more - not just the packs - but all the electronics as well.
Sad truth of the matter is (at least in California) that you wont be able to salvage tho
All of those batteries will be forced into a "Waste Stream" as soon as they hit the yard and no one will be allow to sell them legally.

That's ok - I am resourceful :twisted:

-methods

You fried that 9c that easy? it didn't look like you even put a load on it! 3wd?

methods said:
Mental state?
I question the mental state of people who spend 8 hours of their life doing a job they hate and then go home to watch 5 more hours of commercials on TV for stuff they dont want :mrgreen:
-methods

Add to that 1h+ each way of congested commute in the SUV. 8+2+5 = 15h not counting eating (again lined up at the drive-through?).

Link to study about the health dangers of sitting in the TV sofa for 4+ hours a day:
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/750142--tv-can-cut-your-life-short-says-study?bn=1
http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/kortare-liv-om-det-levs-framfor-tvn_4072351.svd
http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/con...an&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT

Bottom link goes to original article, but at $20 for full pdf download I stuck with the two newsclips above. Claims 46% higher risk of death for group watching 4+ hours of TV compared to control group. Study size 8800 people over 6 years.

methods said:
MitchJi said:
Hi,

I could not agree more - not just the packs - but all the electronics as well.
Sad truth of the matter is (at least in California) that you wont be able to salvage tho
All of those batteries will be forced into a "Waste Stream" as soon as they hit the yard and no one will be allow to sell them legally.

That's ok - I am resourceful :twisted:

-methods

I'm buddies with all local auto-wrecking yards around the Seattle/Tacoma area. When someone finally makes a hybrid pack worth using for EVs, I will be snatching up every one of them that gets totaled out in my area. :)

By the time EVs hit it mainstream, I bet everyone well be well aware of what the batteries themselves are worth and they would end up being the first thing resold anyway. The electronics on the other hand may be alot of fun....:D

Arlo1 said:
You fried that 9c that easy? it didn't look like you even put a load on it! 3wd?

I didnt kill it. Just got it hot and smoked off some glue. Works just the same as before.

You have got to remember that is a 9x7 wind 350W motor and I am hitting it with 100V 100A.
Each inrush burst just turns into pure heat at those slow RPM.

I have a 30W fan that I ganked out of a computer. I am real busy with a project right now but once I am done I am going to mount the fan on the frame to blow against the side of the motor. Should stay nice and cool....

- methods

Back