Features of Cycle Analyst v3

shashankv

1 µW
Hi,
I'm new to the world of E-Bikes and am exploring different technologies for my E Bike project. I have a few questions about the capabilities of cycle analyst v3 for my project.

About my project: Integrate the data of different sensors like IMU, wind sensor and torque sensor and control the servo motor connected to the cycle, depending on the data from the sensors. Im using an ESP32 controller for this data extraction. Planning to create and switch to different modes like Eco mode, sports mode on cars automatically based on the sensor output. I am using a Thun Torque sensor T13. Problem is I'm not able to get expected data from the torque sensor onto my controller (see my other post for the problem description). So in case I need to have another solution, I thought of using cycle analyst v3 to fetch torque sensor values as it seems to work to get the data.

Question
  • If I use cycle analyst v3 to connect with the torque sensor, can I send the data extracted from it to my ESP32 controller? Because ultimately I need to fetch the data from other sensors like IMU and wind sensor from ESP32 and control the motor using a combination of these data. If so, how? I'm open to any suggestions of any different plan.
  • Is there any alternate way to interface and get the data from thun t13 torque sensor, like any other known controllers which are proven and economical to use?
Thank you for your time and have a nice day :)

The CA has a serial data output that can stream "realtime" data of certain types. You'd need to check the CA manual for whether the torque sensor and cadence data are available for this. If so, you can then take this serial data stream into your ESP32 and have it parse this data continuously to pull the data you need out of the stream and process it as needed.

Back