Firmware for Kunteng KT 18 MOSFETS Controller

astroboy

100 µW
Hi all,
I am repairing a Pasion 48V 1500W ebike controller. KTE-18S5-2RX-A is on the pcb, so it looks like its a Kunteng 18 mosfet controller. I think Kunteng offers this controller with square or sine wave output, but I'm not sure which version Pasion opted for. The label has worn off the outside of my controller, but I don't think there was anything additional on there that was important.

The reason for this post is that I need to replace the STM8S105C6T6 MCU, and so I am looking for the firmware to load on to the MCU.

Does anyone have the stock firmware from one of these?

Attachments

• kt18 pcb.jpg
    kt18 pcb.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Unfortunately Kunteng and Pasion have been unresponsive to my requests for the firmware.

Does anyone have a copy of the stock firmware? Is it even possible to extract the stock firmware from the MCU, or is the MCU locked, preventing the stock firmware from being extracted?

First, they do not want you to repair it, you are expected to buy a new one, so do not expect any help from KT. That is an industry typical "Trade Secret" as stupid as it may seem. Exporting such Software information from China by mail is restricted and keept a one way street.
Second, the chance that anyone able to extract it from the MCU has the same controller as you and read it out, is very low. The hardware to read this component is very specific and needs in most cases some exotic software. Which makes it cheaper to buy a new controller. So KT won. Sorry.
Concerning locking firmware, that would be a bad thing to do. The software in most cases is "just working", but anything from perfect. So hard locking it would make a whole production batch lost, if it turnend out to have a problem or an OEM would request a change or new feature.

Back