First ebike, Questions? Cyclone?

2 batterys of equal voltage and amp/hour ratings can be VERY diffrent in performance...

Batterys also have a continous discharge rating .
The shit batterys from china can discharge about 15amps continously MAX
Where MY battery can dischrge 75amps continously .
This means my control unit will always be given however many amps it wants as my control is a 35amp rating.it runs at full capacity which gives me 48v X 35 A = 1680 watts of power just over 2HP

Basically if your battery cant discharge fast enough to feed your control and motor full amps you dont get full performance..

it is a mathimatical equation and it is VERY simple... Voltage X Amps = Output in Watts

You need a battery with at least a 10C discharge rating and 5C charge rating . This will ensure you dont get any bottle necks from the battery side of things.

halfawake454 said:
Wait a minute! Have I been high in my last few posts? I guess I could order the kit without the battery and get the 48V 10AH battery from pingbattery.com and it would still be cheaper than just buying the entire kit with the battery....Why did I not look at the prices of pingbattery before? Sweet, I think this is what I will do as long as someone can help me with my final question.

Why is the 48V 10Ah battery at pingbattery.com cheaper than the 36V 10Ah battery from e-bikekits.com? Is it just the way each person decided to price it? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that makes the pingbattery suck or something.

Also, just to be sure, with a 48V connected to this kit I would get speeds around the high 20's, correct? Like 25-29mph or so?

I will give a cookie to whomever answers my question.

"I will give a cookie to whomever answers my question".... I have cookies disabled until January.

"Wait a minute! Have I been high in my last few posts?" ...... Doesn't your handle answer that, halfawake454?

One correction, the $710 price is for the Aotema kit w/bat, not the Bionx which is a hellava lot more expensive. We do offer specials on the Bionx to readers of this forum, please contact me for details. You can get the Aotema kit with a LiFePO4 48V 15AH Pack for $988. The kit will go 28-29 mph in a 700C wheel.
Members of this forum always get free shipping, just ask!

Back