Fit 20AH battery internals into Ezee rear rack pack

puddlej

1 µW
Hi,

I currently have a spare 20AH battery for an Ezee bike and am wondering if anyone knows whether it'd be possible to repack it and get everything inside the rear rack battery case and rails? I'd like to have two 20AH hooked in at once in a more permanent arrangement. Just be handy to know before buying the rack and empty case.

Thank-you

The 14ah which is the largest they come in a flat pack size pretty much takes up ~85% of the room leaving the rest for the BMS, key switch and lock.

If you remove all those bits, you might physically be able to cram 20ah in there but you'll have to either have no BMS or run it externally. In doing so, you have just negated the plug and play aspect of the battery.

If you decided to use the Panasonic 18650B 3.4Ah cells, you can easily fit 20ah in there.

Thanks for the reply. The current set up is two 20AH Ezee batteries with one behind the seat and the other strapped to the rear rack for longer rides. The second one has a custom base and Anderson plug that connects in parallel with the first battery and this then goes into the controller. Rather than an easy-remove option I actually want to make it a fairly permanent 40AH rig. Presumably Glowworm can supply the rack and an empty battery case.They've been really supportive with all the custom work to date. While not being all that great with this stuff, I do know a local ebike mechanic who can do work upon request if asked for something specific.

Couple questions then... if you don't mind. Would it matter that one 20AH (being the original behind the seat) has different cells to a modified battery on the rack? They'd be run down in roughly equal measure and do no damage, yes? Can you tell me how many of those cells I'd need to make a battery and maybe somewhere good to buy them in Brisbane, Australia?

You'll probably need around 60 Panasonic 3.4ah cells.
The packs will most likely run down at different rates so a good BMS should prevent any problems with the packs cutting out at different times.

Cell man might be able to build you a pack or at least point you in the right direction.

Back