• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

FREEV EVR1000 speed limit problem

sanel_net

100 mW
Hello to all of you
I have just bought an Electric Chopper 60V, 1000W hub motor.
The tacho is showing that the bike is in 1-st gear and because of that it runs only 25km/h, but I don't have 3-gear selection switch at all.
Does anyone know how to put it into 3-rd gear or something that will make it run faster then 25km/h?

it's 12" hub motor, 1000W, and the Controller is ZWK060030A

Do you have a voltmeter? Post a pic of the wiring harnesses that plug into the controller. The 3speed switch wires should have a 3 pin connector, with one ground conductor and two signal conductors that measure near 5v to ground. On that controller, it’s likely located in the middle bundle of conductors (the larger harness).

Do you have a voltmeter? Post a pic of the wiring harnesses that plug into the controller. The 3speed switch wires should have a 3 pin connector, with one ground conductor and two signal conductors that measure near 5v to ground. On that controller, it’s likely located in the middle bundle of conductors (the larger harness).
I have cut the green wire and the 2nd gear light came on. Now it runs 32km/h, but I can feel that the last third of the accelerator is doing nothing (if I release the throttle 30% it still runs 32km/h), it has to have third gear to run at 45 like it should. I've tried to cross connect all the combinations of the green, yellow and blue, but all I get is 1st or 2nd gear to light up on the tacho.

Attachments

• 20240523_171438.jpg
    20240523_171438.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
I have cut the green wire and the 2nd gear light came on. Now it runs 32km/h, but I can feel that the last third of the accelerator is doing nothing (if I release the throttle 30% it still runs 32km/h), it has to have third gear to run at 45 like it should. I've tried to cross connect all the combinations of the green, yellow and blue, but all I get is 1st or 2nd gear to light up on the tacho.
To mention again, the bike doesn't have the 3 speed switch at all, it's just came from the factory like that (locked in the 1st gear) for legal reasons.

OK, so no voltmeter. I would normally not recommend cutting and connecting random wires, but it seems like you've had some success. I hope it all works out.(y)

OK, so no voltmeter. I would normally not recommend cutting and connecting random wires, but it seems like you've had some success. I hope it all works out.(y)
I do have a voltmeter of course. I did have some success but not entirely satisfied. If you can help, I would appreciate it.

Ok, so no pics.
You may want to try a different translator program. It seems like it’s only translating some things and not others.

Ok, so no pics.
You may want to try a different translator program. It seems like it’s only translating some things and not others.
I don't need a translator, but there is nothing to see on the tacho or the buttons.

Attachments

• 20240526_090751.jpg
    20240526_090751.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240526_090757.jpg
    20240526_090757.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
It provides more information than you think. It also appears to highlight that you’re only responding to questions/requests you feel are important, rather than to what is asked. Perhaps you could find a local shop, so they can see what’s going on. That would be way more efficient.

It provides more information than you think. It also appears to highlight that you’re only responding to questions/requests you feel are important, rather than to what is asked. Perhaps you could find a local shop, so they can see what’s going on. That would be way more efficient.
There is no local shop in my country at all. Also, there is no one here that knows anything about these scooters. I'm not a complete novice in electronics, but some thing I've never seen, that's why I asked here. This is fourth Coco I've bought, repaired all the other ones on my own without any help. Don't be cocky pls.

Maybe the wiring harness they supplied you with is just for the base model and you may need one of the other harnesses to accomplish what you want.

Or maybe you will need to get a complete controller upgrade.

There is no local shop in my country at all. Also, there is no one here that knows anything about these scooters. I'm not a complete novice in electronics, but some thing I've never seen, that's why I asked here. This is fourth Coco I've bought, repaired all the other ones on my own without any help. Don't be cocky pls.
Maybe the wiring harness they supplied you with is just for the base model and you may need one of the other harnesses to accomplish what you want.

Or maybe you will need to get a complete controller upgrade.
You are right about that. Now I'm trying to google if a 1500w controller will work on this motor. I know that amps matter, but it's a crappy Chinese controller rated only 60V 1500W, just to try out. If that works out, I would than order. Votol 25 and installed it.

Back