Giant DH Comp (Team) Mid Drive?

http_hayden

1 µW
Hi everyone,

I've been searching and searching for an answer to this one but can't find anywhere online that will shed any light. I have an 04 Giant DH Team and am interested in converting it to an ebike.

My initial thought is to use a BBSHD or BBS02 as a mid drive option but I can't find any definitive information regarding if either the BBSHD or the BBS02 will fit in the bottom bracket.

Failing that I think I'll need to go down the route of finding the appropriate dropout adaptors if they're still floating around.

Best.

Attachments

• p4pb7946936.jpg
    p4pb7946936.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 208
Looks like you have a 100mm BB shell so the kit you would need would be the one for a fat bike. Double check it with a caliper but when i pull specs it appears to be the case. This would mean that the BBSHD would be the one you would want as i don't think the 02 came in that spacing

EDIT: just saw the design of the bb area/ frame from the non drive side and it could be one of those things where its difficult/impossible to get the motor to fit. Hopefully someone familiar with that frame can chime in but it seems like most of the DH builds i see are high powered DD hubs

there WAS one guy i remember who has a gt sensor with a somewhat similar situation going on down there and he was able to fit a mini cyclone, not sure if he used custom brackets or not. may have been on lunas forum

Back