• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Gio s350 Controller replacement

neo2157

1 µW
I recently bought a gio s350 with a burnt out controller with the intention of repairing it, however its proven to be way more of a head ache then i think it was worth. no-one had an actual Gio controller but the Gio dealer in my area sold me a 48 volt brushless controller saying they replace them all the time with this one... the problem being it requires a metric ton of splicing to work because the heads are completely different and information online about the gio connectors and wireing in general is just atrociously bad. so fair i've been able to figure out the power and hall sensors but everything else is a mystery, how on earth do i go about figureing out what all these gio connectors do when the controller is blown? let alone splice this rats nest of a controller they sold me with the old controllers heads.

amberwolf said:
Well, if they do this all the time, why not ask them for the diagram they use to do it? ;)

maybe because they are a business and won't care? seriously all thats going to happen is they will promise to call me back/email me and then never do it because they already have my money. (its just how it works, there is no money in it unless i bring the part and pay for them to do the splicing.)

Update: I got ahold of the mechanic and apparently they don't have a diagram of this model gio, they did however tell me what all the connectors were on the controller they sold me. so now i just need to know what the gio connectors are aside from power and motor ones. its a weird setup consisting of a bunch of 6 pin connectors.

Update I found an s350 diagram though it doesn't look official and some of the colors don't match my original controller

http://s235.photobucket.com/user/surreystyles/media/S350diagram-1.jpg.html

Back