Greentime controllers

EdwardNY said:
Has anyone gotten cruise control working on any of the green time controllers? What did you need to make it work?
touch two wires together, it turns on CC. touch them again and it turns off, or you touch the brake wires together. just need a momentary switch and e-brake levers. really great for scooters, not so great for bicycles id imagine.

Update on the slow throttle responce,
Leo has confrimed that they somtimes program a slow throttle ramp for "safety". Will need to order a new one and ask for a fast throttle responce.....

Also, what modifications are required to the greentime controller to get the Cycle analyst throttle override to work correctly?

Cheers
Matt

when ever i order these controller i will ask max speed, or as fast they can response to the throttle turn out to be most smooth,. so if you have ask for slower start , they will think too fast for you or will have scare you. i think this a very important note for new buyers or myself dont know . so must always tell him the same thing.. i want fastest. quickest response n highest speed in throttle mode program.

hey john, I cant seem to message you but i was curious how your top secret product is coming along.
Ian

anyone have a wiring diagram for a greentime 24fet ? - tried searching but can't find one

lou said he's sent me one, not sure what happened but I didn't get it :)

knighty said:
anyone have a wiring diagram for a greentime 24fet ? - tried searching but can't find one

lou said he's sent me one, not sure what happened but I didn't get it :)
wirings the same for pretty much all controllers unless the factory changes up. If you look back through the thread i layed it out. the basics are BR batt wires, GYB phase wires, BRGYB halls, GRB throttle wires, and red+purple lock wires.

just thought I'd bump this to the front (wiring mine in right now)

Code:
                Resistance to   Resistance to
                thick black     thick red       Function

Thick wires
Red             -               0               Battery +
Yellow          9k24            -               Motor phase
Green           9k24            -               Motor phase
Blue            9k24            -               Motor phase
Black           0               -               Battery - / Gnd

5 wire connector
Red             -               -               5V hall sensor power
Yellow          4k13            -               Hall sensor signal
Green           4k13            -               Hall sensor signal
Blue            4k13            -               Hall sensor signal
Black           0               -               Gnd

3 wire connector
Red             -               -               5V throttle power
Green           10k             -               Throttle signal

2 wire White/Bla
White           -               -               low level brake

2 wire Red/Purp
Red             -               0               Key switch power (Battery +)
Purple          22k             -               Key switch input

Single wires
Purple          22k             -               ?
Green           9k4             -               ?
Yellow          24k             -               high level brake (regen?)

might have just killed mine tho... wired it in rough (taped wires while i figure out halls/throttle etc.) powered it on, twisted throttle...nothing happened... checked connections and did it again, still nothing... gave the wheel a spin by hand.. and there was a shapr pop/crack... not sure where it came from tho... opened the controller up and it looks fine... will play more tomorrow :)

Does anyone know if the 15fet greentime controllers have the slow throttle response like Lussys 24Fet controller?

I never heard about this before and was never told to specify a fast response throttle so I am hoping this is only the case with the 24Fet version as I have a 15Fet being shipped to me right now.

So how is the throttle for you guys who own the 15fet greentime?

EdwardNY said:
Does anyone know if the 15fet greentime controllers have the slow throttle response like Lussys 24Fet controller?

I never heard about this before and was never told to specify a fast response throttle so I am hoping this is only the case with the 24Fet version as I have a 15Fet being shipped to me right now.

So how is the throttle for you guys who own the 15fet greentime?
like, the lag time it takes the motor to respond to a throttle motion? On the 15fet and 18fet greentime, it's almost unnoticeable.

Been using my 15 fet greentime controller and I am liking it! Using 72 volts and 45 amps is a very nice improvement in power!.

I only wish each connector was marked as it was somewhat of a problem installing it and I had some issues and thought I shorted out the controller. Lucky I found some posts here who posted pictures of the controller and marked what each connector was for.

My biggest problems were probably from lack of experience with hooking up the throttle and figuring out how the on/off switch worked. Because I was not sure how it worked and wanted so badly to check out how 45 amps and 72 volts felt like I was trying to figure out how it worked on my own and was doing it hastily. I accidently shorted the positive on/off switch wire to the throttle wires by the little jumper cable I used to short the on/off switch popped out and touched the throttle wires. Burnt up the wires and lucky the controller still worked.

I ordered a 15 fet controller from leo and still after over 1 month have not seen it yet! I will never buy from him again or suggest anyone to buy anything from him he said it is on its way,(yea by a very slow paddle boat), when I buy or sell anything I like prompt service if not you will get bad feedback. I check the tracking # everyday and still nothing. I would rather pay Lyen twice the price and get your order in less than a week. just another e-bike lesson learned :mrgreen:

e-biker said:
I ordered a 15 fet controller from leo and still after over 1 month have not seen it yet! I will never buy from him again or suggest anyone to buy anything from him he said it is on its way,(yea by a very slow paddle boat), when I buy or sell anything I like prompt service if not you will get bad feedback. I check the tracking # everyday and still nothing. I would rather pay Lyen twice the price and get your order in less than a week. just another e-bike lesson learned :mrgreen:
Huh? have you ordered stuff from china before? Theres a few things to know: you can either go with DHL or china/sing post. China post takes ~month and can break items. DHL takes a week and rarely damages stuff, but you need to fill a large box in order for the price difference to be worth it. If you order 5 motors and 5 controllers from Leo you're set to get some proper stuff and fast.

order from leo and you choose slow boat need at least 30days. in any where china to singapore slow boat means 30days n above. slow boat , be prepare to wait and hopefully forget your order. when is 30days later, then go find out. please take note. china post office will not have time to key your tracking number. they are so busy sending millions items all over world. some will key and some will not be key in. no worry my dear fren. item will sure sent

it should be on the way already. i order will only go through express service. i was told by leo several times to delay sending for my 18fets 4110. he ask me few times to add more time need to setting a controller. i had even told him, please take yr time mr . leo. reason is simple. i need a good piece work from him. regarding about lyen controller are famous here , some members have made a complain in a thread here. my fellow country guys have switch fr lyen to green time. he was quite happy with the results.

My controller took from Feburary 26th to March 21st. It mostly sat at "origin post is preparing shipment". I think this means it is sitting at customs.

Once it reached California it took 4 days to reach me here in NYC.

The problem is hes blaming leo for a chinapost waiting period. Dont want the wait? Pay for DHL or Lyen

If Leo would have told me I would be waiting over a month I would have went with a lyen controller, He never offered any faster shipping, I have bought several other items from china after that purshase and they have all arrived. I am not blaming leo for china post he should tell his coustomers about the long waiting period. granted this was my first purshase from greentime now I understand about the shipping options. and will opt to go with a lyen or methods or some other more local retailer so the wait is not so long. my bad sorry for blasting leo but very frustrated waiting for this controller.

e-biker said:
If Leo would have told me I would be waiting over a month I would have went with a lyen controller, He never offered any faster shipping, I have bought several other items from china after that purshase and they have all arrived. I am not blaming leo for china post he should tell his coustomers about the long waiting period. granted this was my first purshase from greentime now I understand about the shipping options. and will opt to go with a lyen or methods or some other more local retailer so the wait is not so long. my bad sorry for blasting leo but very frustrated waiting for this controller.
I find leos chinapost time is very standard waiting time in my experience, and ive ordered alot from china. Perhaps he had to process the item first. Let us know when it arrives so we can instruct how to set it up. "have bought several other items from china after that purshase and they have all arrived" perhaps they were using a faster shipping service from CP or you recieved them in an off-peak time of year.

Right on Ian I will let you know when I get it .

Has anyone used a cycle analyst with one of Leos controller that had a CA DP connector installed?

Will a cycle analyst work 100% with Leo's CA-DP connector?

EdwardNY said:
Has anyone used a cycle analyst with one of Leos controller that had a CA DP connector installed?

Will a cycle analyst work 100% with Leo's CA-DP connector?

At some point he was following the old format. After seeing the incorrect wiring picture I asked Justin to take that picture down on Ebikes.ca so that nobody else would use it. I (and others) provided the correct information for him to wire them. I dont know how he is doing it now but it is easy to check.

-methods

I just had my 72v greentime controller die on me. I was running 24s x 4.1v. Does anyone know what the led blink code is for these controllers(wuxi?)? Mine started blinking red 3 times, now it's blinking 4 times. (Already tested throttle and hub).

I never try 24cells on green time, I think my 18fet 4110 will also BLOW too for sure. Going on 17cells i think is good enough, it can give me the speed 60km/h over, I think Im quite happy with that. You should have try the fun of 14cells, 15cells, 16cells, 17cells, 18cells ~ 20cells. sure of the top speed you will like it.. my next plan is 14cells 20amps.

Jeremy Harris told you guys not to use voltages so close to the component limits. Glad I listen to people who know what they're talking about and are generous enough to share.

Back