Hall sensors not working after replacing wire

brhooma

1 mW
I replaced the wiring on my hub motor and now the hall sensors are acting up. Blue LED on the tester does not appear to work in the video but it does if I turn the wheel very slowly.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l8r2jsafqjen0a8/AABMxO-ZMVPnDJ1pK_hQmW07a?dl=0

Do you think that I shorted something?, or maybe the heat damaged the sensors?

Well, let's see.

One video does not work. The other shows some blinking lights on a piece of equipment with which I am unfamiliar.

Basic question is did it work BEFORE you replaced the wire, also just exactly what "heat" are you talking about, which may, or may not, have damaged the sensor?

In other words, WTF, Exactly, happened to mess up your motor?

The more info you can supply, the higher the probability of useful answers.

Well hopefully I can be more helpful. I assume you are turning the wheel in your video, or is it powered and your using the throttle (best is slowly by hand). The idea is that each hall led will turn on as a magnet passes over the sensor indicating it is working. From the video it appears that green is permanently off indicating that the corresponding hall is faulty. You said blue but maybe you meant green.
If the motor is running roughly, has trouble starting in particular positions then I'd say that confirms it.
Please give us a detailed run down (as angrybob impolitely suggested) as to the event that initially happened and your attempts fix it.
Other issues could be a short or phase wire issues or something at the controller end.
More info and we can help.

My apologies for the not clear at all post, I guess I was so pissed the motor stopped working I just posted whatever came to my mind without thinking or even reading before submitting the post.

I uploaded a new video, should be clearer than the old one, I also included a pic of the wires, soldering looks a bit rough I think i need to invest in some flux.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l8r2jsafqjen0a8/AABMxO-ZMVPnDJ1pK_hQmW07a?dl=0

anyhow, the motor was working just fine and I only replaced the wires because I got a high power controller and wanted to use thicker cable.

As you can see in the video, the controller LEDs on the tester are not alternating properly, they go blue+yellow ---> just yellow ---> yellow again --- > just green ---> blue+yellow etc... instead of the normal blue/green/yellow sequence.

Now that some actual useful information has been supplied, I can absolutely and precisely identify the problem.

You screwed up. There is no other problem than the one that you created for yourself.

First, practice on some unimportant scrap wire. Repeatedly, for an extended period of time. Get some flux, spend some bux, avoid the fux.

Second, rip out everything you did, remove all traces, then, do it AGAIN, slowly, with care, and make a concerted effort to NOT SCREW UP a second time. Do not forget to carefully and securely insulate all connections or the next screw up will get rather expensive.

That's it, that's all there is, that is the only thing you need to do.

Back