Hello Forum

lol, iv'e not had any constructive advice, the two sets of batteries are showing depleted on display and throttle!!! the old batteries show 52.1v new batteries 48.9v on multimeter so does anyone have any links to purchase a new controller dc box maybe as i cannot find anything on the net to do with velocifero scooters, only buying them new.

thanks in advance
Well maybe you could provide pictures of the thing as well as the information about the new battery. Judging by the fact you went for a smaller capacity instead of a larger one as recommended ("the battery needs to be the most powerful component of your build") you didn't really follow good practices by installing a battery that is likely less powerful than the original one.
So it's very likely that your motor asked for too much current, triggering the BMS.

Please provide accurate information as to what component you bought. You should probably have asked here for advice before buying it.

I do understand the frustration, but if you buy stuff without asking for advice then you can't really say that the advice wasn't constructive.

so it has to the BMS is this that little dc-/+ box next to the the controller module!!!
No, the BMS is a component that is located inside the battery.
Maybe the thing you're talking about is the 12V DC converter, I don't know. Here again, one picture is worth a thousand words so please provide some.
In any case, this isn't the BMS and touching it is unlikely to solve anything.

lol, ok the power comes from the voltage, the range depends on the ah, the batteries are brand new, i did a battery drop test on old batteries with and without throttle which showed one battery was defective on the bulging old ones, the new ones were perfect, the issue is the controller is tripping something into shutting down after 5 minutes using either set of batteries, i have purchased a chaos 1600w 30ah controller see if i can rig this up, its is brand new and £25 so a bargain, anyone shed any light on if this is a suitable controller, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• chaos.jpeg
    chaos.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 4
lol, ok the power comes from the voltage,

No, power comes from voltage x current. Current is determined by battery capacity x C rating. Since you chose a battery with less capacity it is likely to be able to deliver less power, unless it has a better C rating (also called max discharge rate). If it has less power then its BMS is likely set accordingly, which means that it is likely to shut off power during acceleration.

It is very difficult to help because you don't answer the questions. We still have no idea what battery you bought.

Best of luck for the repair.

No, power comes from voltage x current. Current is determined by battery capacity x C rating. Since you chose a battery with less capacity it is likely to be able to deliver less power, unless it has a better C rating (also called max discharge rate). If it has less power then its BMS is likely set accordingly, which means that it is likely to shut off power during acceleration.

It is very difficult to help because you don't answer the questions. We still have no idea what battery you bought.

Best of luck for the repair.
Lead acid batteries No BMS,

Ok folks when i changed the batteries to 12v 9ah saving 9lbs in weight over the stock 12v 12ah the same problem arose, i went for a test ride even though the main display was showing 1 bar battery strength but the twist throttle display was showing fully charged, which they were @ 52,6v i managed half a mile then kaputt battery died flickering battery depleted on throttle twist grip display and nothing on main display, so it has to the BMS is this that little dc-/+ box next to the the controller module!!! if so where do i find one to buy!! thanks in advance folks.

I'm not after high speed nor distance just want to use for the 5 mins travelling each way to work twice a week.

thanks again folks

Ok folks when i changed the batteries to 12v 9ah saving 9lbs in weight over the stock 12v 12ah the same problem arose, i went for a test ride even though the main display was showing 1 bar battery strength but the twist throttle display was showing fully charged, which they were @ 52,6v i managed half a mile then kaputt battery died flickering battery depleted on throttle twist grip display and nothing on main display, so it has to the BMS is this that little dc-/+ box next to the the controller module!!! if so where do i find one to buy!! thanks in advance folks.
Post in thread 'Hello Forum'
Hello Forum
Post in thread 'Hello Forum'
Hello Forum

Ok turns out the controller i bought is for a hub powered scooter which was not in the items description, lol, so my thoughts are being a newbie to this scooter scene, are they interchangeable ie: brushless hub motor controller, can it be used on my chain driven scooter!!!
I appreciate all the replies as its a massive learning curve after leaving e bikes behind after eventually getting my head around those things this is all new to me.

Thanks agin scooter forum

Back