Help paralleling greenworks 40v packs.

I'm looking for some help and info on using the 4ah greenworks 40v tool packs(non g-max model)
I recently got the newer G-max model as a warranty replacement for my dead string trimmer
so now I have two 4ah 40v packs with no purpose so I was hoping I could parallel them up and use them
on a low power ebike.

For those that haven't seen them here is a great video by skeetab5780:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iixrd1NImc#t=154

So what I'm wondering is if instead of wiring up my own pack out of the cells
can I connect them in parallel while using the BMS board so that they still have the BMS protection
and could it be done in a way to use the factory charger and so make a 36v 8ah pack?

IMG1609_zpspiml2odn.jpg

Thanks for any help or tips,
Joseph

If you Google pedelecs small battery bargain.Some info on there.Here are my adapters made out of plastic chopping board.36v 4ah I run with the 2 in parallel.I charge separate.1400 miles 250w motor.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1454455695708.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1454455695708.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 583
Someone on the pedelecs forum said it would be no problem charging 2 with the one charger,they will just take longer to charge.

Thanks for the tip I started reading that thread last night,
and thanks for sharing the picture that a great idea, my biggest question
is for those that have a greenworks tool what connections are connected to get full voltage from the pack?
for instance for charging the wiring is like this:
IMG1634_zpsyr3sz0gj.jpg

IMG1635_zps5ugmwue9.jpg

The most I can get on my volt-meter is 31v if I go positive and then to either middle connector on the battery.
On the G-Max batteries I have, I can get the full 40v just going + to - (outsides)

Anyone know what the configuration is on the older packs?
I can't check my trimmer as it seems to have disappeared... :?

Back