Help with CA3.1 w/ SEMPU build

ayukawa

100 µW
Hi,
I've never managed to get the CA to register any human Watts.

It is a rear geared motor G310, CA3.1, and Baserunner controller. All components from Grin.
Tried multiple times to get PAS/Torque mode to work with SEMPU BB. Varied all kinds of settings and thresholds.

The SEMPU BB seems to be functioning; it registers a voltage of 1.48V on the CA and it changes when I apply pedal torque. The PAS P and D indicators toggle. It is set in REVERSE, per the CA3.1 default. So I think the BB is functioning. I did try changing REVERSE but this didn't help.

I have a Twist throttle installed. It works in Pass-Thru and Bypass modes just fine. The voltages are normal and the G310 motor works well in this mode. I've tried disabling the throttle (CA Disbld (Zero)), thinking it might be blocking the Torque sensing mode. Still no go on Torque sensing.

I have a DigiAux, planning to use it with PRESETS. Thinking something odd may have happened, I reset the CA to defaults and only changed the settings for Battery, Throttle and PAS (in this case NOT using CA setup utility; only the CA input buttons on the display). Nope.

I did update the CA firmware to CA-14 release. And I programmed the CA the first time using CA setup utility on an old Mac Mini.
Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. I'm out of ideas.
thanks,
Mike
All Grin: SEMPU BB, ebrakes, DAux 3 button, Baserunner, 13maH battery 52V, G310 motor on rear wheel

Hi again,
I just read that if the CA doesn't sense Cadence (hence the Start Threshold and Stop Threshold), it won't kick in. I see the P and D arrows move. I'm using the CA defaults of Start Threshold (0.3s) and Stop Threshold (0.2s) per pole. Tried different Assist Scale Factors, if that matters. Using default 50Nm/V Torque Scale. Offset is fine and I've tried resetting it in Calibration. With no load on pedals I now get 0W.
No joy in Whoville today.
./Mike

Logging an update here, just in case it helps someone else. Justin at Grin got back to me. Suggested that I check the third screen on the CA. If 0 rpm pedalling forwards but actual if pedalling backwards, then try switching the polarity. I did this and there is now some response from the motor (Torque mode). Doesn't seem quite right yet. Still shows negative human watts. But progress, none the less.

Back