Help!!

lcyn

10 W
I have been working on my son's Ebike, and am having problems. He has a Bafang 8fun rear hub on a 700c wheel. It seemed real slow to him (about 14-15 mph top speed, so we replaced the controller with a Shenzen Sucteam 36v 30a Motor Controller from John at Holmes hobbies. Because the connectors were different, we had to replace the connectors. We were very careful to match the wires correctly. Now when the bike is started, the motor runs very slow, with almost no torque. Sounds terrible too. We quickly disconnected, and I am awaiting advise on how to proceed. I do not want to do damage to anything.

Thanks

the hall sensor wires and phase wires are not correctly connected. the dreaded swapping wires scenario.

did we ever figure out why his motor went so slow to begin with? was it just low voltage or the euro limiter?

lcyn said:
I have been working on my son's Ebike, and am having problems. He has a Bafang 8fun rear hub on a 700c wheel. It seemed real slow to him (about 14-15 mph top speed, so we replaced the controller with a Shenzen Sucteam 36v 30a Motor Controller from John at Holmes hobbies. Because the connectors were different, we had to replace the connectors. We were very careful to match the wires correctly. Now when the bike is started, the motor runs very slow, with almost no torque. Sounds terrible too. We quickly disconnected, and I am awaiting advise on how to proceed. I do not want to do damage to anything.

Thanks

What, didn't you like the answers the last time you asked :roll:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9999&p=154219#p154374

-R

Thank you all very much for the prompt replies. I was afraid that the hall sensor wires could be the problem--that is a nightmare trying to figure out what goes where. I do wish wire colors were standardized for those like me who are clueless. I will begin testing this evening and see what happens.

I tried switching the wires as suggested, and now it works fine. Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. It seems the bafang is sometimes wired differently. I had hoped with the new controller I would get a bit more speed, but it is around 16-17mph top speed. The torque is definitely better.

Thanks again

lcyn said:
I tried switching the wires as suggested, and now it works fine. Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. It seems the bafang is sometimes wired differently. I had hoped with the new controller I would get a bit more speed, but it is around 16-17mph top speed. The torque is definitely better.

Thanks again

That's terrific. That speed range is close to what I get with my Bafang, which is 16.5 mph with 36V SLA's (39.6V) and about 17.2 mph with 36V LiMn (41.3V) with 700x35 tires.

-R

i think there is a section in the technical area where richard is keeping a thread alive for everyone to post up the known hall/phase wire connections for different motors and controller. you should enter your solution there too so others will have a fix in advance.

i dread having to do that myself. but i thought you guys were getting over 20mph outa the little bafangs at 36V.

dnmun said:
but i thought you guys were getting over 20mph outa the little bafangs at 36V.

I don't know of anyone who has made that claim for a 36V Bafang run on a 36V battery pack.

-R

Back