hi fellow riders please some help needed

cs70

1 mW
hi guys sorry maybe i posted in wrong section,so i bought only ebike available here and wanted to know if i can do anything to improve the performance a bit i ride with my 6 years old daughter
its 250 W 8FUN brush less motor with sensors for pedal assist and speed limiter
the controler is under the batery and battery is LiNiMnCoO2 36v 10amp
here are the pics
but anyway if somebody have any idea please share
thx best regards

Attachments

• uuu.PNG
    uuu.PNG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • fefefef.PNG
    fefefef.PNG
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,222
  • efefefefefefe.PNG
    efefefefefefe.PNG
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,222
Hi there and welcome! For starters can you unplug the speed limiter wires. They are usually white and connected together going to the controller. If you can it will help with performance a bit.
otherDoc

yep, like he said the speed limiter has a white wire coming out into a plug, and a black wire plugged into the other side usually. take a picture of the controller showing the wires coming out.

The question is: How much do you want to spend to get the performance?

1. check whether there's speed limit wires. If there are, disconnecting them might give an extra 2 to 3 mph. Zero cost.
2. Soldering about 1/3 of the shunt in the controller will give much better climbing power and accelleration, but no extra speed unless the motor is effectively over-geared (high speed winding). Zero cost.
3 More volts for your battery will give a proportional increase in speed - best with the soldered shunt. You could get a pair of 8000maH 6S lipos, chargers, connectors and voltmeter for about $250 to $300 and mount them on the rack, They will work with your existing controller and give about 20% increase in speed. A 48V LiFePo4 will give about 33% more speed, but you might need a new controller as well. You could also experiment with a booster battery. You'd need to find the main red battery wire in the compartment, cut it and run extensions outside the compartment to somewhere where you have a lipo pack in series. You could try a 2S (7.4v) pack first and then maybe 3S (11.1v). You need a pack with slightly more amp-hours than your main battery. Be prepared to buy a new controller if you burn your present one. Luckily these small ones are cheap.

thx ppl for ur help and advice,the controller is located under the batery i will open it and make picture which wire i have to cut
also can i just cut the halo sensors wires?and also lamp each time i brake lamp in the back is on ,can i cut the wires that lead to lamp?
best regards

hi
so here is th pics of the controller ,its quiet small like cigarettes pack ,so yeah kind of a jungle wit all cables lol
so what should i disconnect? also each time i push the breaks, brake lights in the back is on ,its sucking my energie from battery i dont want break lights
tell me please what should i disconnect ,i see grey wire comming out the controller and conected to black wire ,is this the one??? i dont see any white wire only gray and bunch other colors u can see on the pics
i found few ppkl on forum having samecontroller and motor
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22444
thx a lot
best regards

Attachments

• dezDE.PNG
    dezDE.PNG
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,151
  • GRGR.PNG
    GRGR.PNG
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,151
  • NBNBNB.PNG
    NBNBNB.PNG
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,151
Look for a single wire that comes out of the controller, connects to another single wire, then goes back in. If you have an easy fix possibility, unplugging that one has a good chance of being a watt limiting jumper loop.

In that pic, I can't spot one like that, but you may have one.

If not, there is the option of soldering the shunt, but I would not recomend that without a battery upgrade.

But if you can unplug one wire, and make a 7 amp controller into a 14 amp, you will see a big improvement.

i bet it is that one, the grey wire to the black wire. it will be a single conductor coming out, going into a plug and then going back in to the controller. disconnect it and see how fast, but if this is 7A then don't expect more than 20 imo.

the rear brake light will also be a single wire going to a connector that goes out to the rear light. but you do't lose that much power.

thx for help
i will check now the one wire that connect to single wire and go back to controller
thx

hey guys so here is the situation
i dont see any single wires connected to single wire and go back to controller
the grey wire is connected together with black wire to many wires
here few more pics of the wires
i try to contact the manufacturer but no response yet
thx best regards

Attachments

• yttyty.PNG
    yttyty.PNG
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,126
  • plplp.PNG
    plplp.PNG
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,126
  • frfr.PNG
    frfr.PNG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,126
  • okokok.PNG
    okokok.PNG
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,126
i actually dont want no option for the bike no pedal assist nothing only start the motor and ride not all this shit that comes with it
best regards

there is wire that looks brown that has no plastic plug on it to cover the exposed pin. check to see if that wire is hot when the battery is attached, i know you can't now but you should not have exposed conductors. there are two black wires on the lower left in the last photo with plugs on the end, do those plugs mate? or are they gay republicans?

don't know about the pedal assist.

dnmun said:
there is wire that looks brown that has no plastic plug on it to cover the exposed pin. check to see if that wire is hot when the battery is attached, i know you can't now but you should not have exposed conductors. there are two black wires on the lower left in the last photo with plugs on the end, do those plugs mate? or are they gay republicans?

don't know about the pedal assist.
hahahahahahahaha gay hahahahahhaha
i will check now ,the other one without the cover was like this before ,should i put tape around it?
thx best regards

it may be ground, but i wondered if lost the plug that covered it or if it should be inside another of the plugs there. but if it is ground, no matter, but if it is not then put tape on it. if it is not htose two plugs on the lower left, you may not have the speed limiter over ride available. i don't see any single conductors besides those. lotta plugs for little bike.

ok so the 2 black wires with pin are gays hhahahah they dont connect to each-other
there is one yellow wire not plugged in
no the wire not get hot or warm when battery inserted
stupid shit cant find wiring diagram for this controller
best regards

the guy in the shop tell me its illegal to remove speed limiter hahahhhahahaahaha he told me if i buy new controller than i can program it how i want
put tape around the wire without cover
best regards

it is not illegal to remove it, it is illegal to ride it on the street in europe or ozzieland with the limiter removed, so you use the term 'off street' travel. i think it is just limited by the shunt current limit of 7A.

maybe someone has an idea of how to defeat it and the pedal assist sensor too.

dnmun said:
it is not illegal to remove it, it is illegal to ride it on the street in europe or ozzieland with the limiter removed, so you use the term 'off street' travel. i think it is just limited by the shunt current limit of 7A.

maybe someone has an idea of how to defeat it and the pedal assist sensor too.
thx for help buddy really cool
i will talk with some ppl maybe someone can help me out
best regards

It's possible that it's 2 wires coming out to a plug that has a loop back connector on it. It's also possible that they strapped it internally on the controller board so it couldn't be changed without pulling the controller cover off.

wesnewell said:
It's possible that it's 2 wires coming out to a plug that has a loop back connector on it. It's also possible that they strapped it internally on the controller board so it couldn't be changed without pulling the controller cover off.
hey man thx
yeah its possible i will open the controller and check it out
thx best regards

Finding the PAS connector is easy. Look for the sensor which is fixed on the bottom bracket next to the magnet ring. Follow the wires into the compartment and pull them a bit from the outside to see which ones move on the inside.

I don't quite agree with Dogman on the shunt soldering. As long as you don't go more than about 1/3 of the shunt, you should be OK. Maybe in the future, as your battery wears out, it may cause cut-outs, but that's the risk. You can always file it later to bring the current back down. I've solder a few shunts in these controllers with 8.5 to 10aH batteries and never had cut-outs.

Looking at your wiring, I don't see a speed limit.

d8veh said:
Finding the PAS connector is easy. Look for the sensor which is fixed on the bottom bracket next to the magnet ring. Follow the wires into the compartment and pull them a bit from the outside to see which ones move on the inside.

I don't quite agree with Dogman on the shunt soldering. As long as you don't go more than about 1/3 of the shunt, you should be OK. Maybe in the future, as your battery wears out, it may cause cut-outs, but that's the risk. You can always file it later to bring the current back down. I've solder a few shunts in these controllers with 8.5 to 10aH batteries and never had cut-outs.

Looking at your wiring, I don't see a speed limit.
hey thx for help
i will open the controller and check it out
i will try and remove the pedal assist wires
thx best regards

Back