Higher amp controller

alix47

1 W
Does higher amp controller give you more torque I got 15 amp controller want to upgrade to 27 amp with 35 amp peak what speed would I expect or not it goes 18mph now with 15 amps

You can't just supply limitless amps to a motor to get more torque. If you tell us which motor you have, we can advise the maximum current. Most 15A motors can happily run with 20 amps.

It's a cheap 36volt 500watt motor from eBay don't know much more about it ran it on 48v for about a year now on 36v 10amp lithium battery but not enough torque slow to build up speed but gets up to 17mph

Chances are, your motor can easily handle 1500w. Nearly all 500w rated motors can, and the direct drive ones even more.

So your motor should hack it fine. give it a 22 or 25 amps controller with no worries. But make sure its not too much amps for your battery. Pushing your battery hard will kill it sooner. But you need an excuse to get a new 48v anyway right? Don't go all the way to a 35 amps controller unless you have the cash to back it up with a very strong battery. Usually this means a big one, expensive. At least 20 ah.

More wattage should get a tad more speed, but not much. It will get you to whatever the top speed for a particular voltage faster. It might still top out at 20 mph with 750w of 36v, But I bet you get closer to 23 mph on 36v, once you have the amps. And once you go back to 48v, 1000w might get you to 27-30 mph.

Thanks for all the info. Im saving up for a new battery hopefully should have one in a few weeks and yea it's direct drive so good news there and not worried about killing the battery as got a spare one. I should get my controller today just a waiting game now I will update on the speed as soon I been on a test run thanks

I got the controller it's got power to every thing just not spinning has anyone any advice thanks

Attachments

• 51CwjXLz9BL._SY400_.jpg
    51CwjXLz9BL._SY400_.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,730
I turned other controllers I got with the on/off switch but seem like on this it's not working even though there is power on the connections

That controller is designed to work with an LCd. You need a S-LCD1, 3 or 5 from Kunteng. You can find them on Aliexpress or you can get them from BMSBattery. It would have been a lot cheaper to get one with the controller. You also need a wheel-speed sensor to show the speed on the LCD and stop it from going to sleep. The LCD contains the on/off switch and it provides the power for the controllers CPU and sensors. My guess is that you have to join the two red wires in the "throttle key" connector too.

Thanks for the info I did connect the two red wires there is power but nothing moving I have to get the lcd screen and sensor plus I heard I can connect the blue and red wire to use it without the lcd thank you for the info

Here what I found confirming I can use without lcd screen will test tomorrow

Attachments

• 45248Q_QC6V5.jpg
    45248Q_QC6V5.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,707
Back