Highracer E-recumbent build. Frame design advice sought

Glenn_M

10 W
Hi kids,
Next project is something a little different (for me at least)
Plan is to build a highracer style recumbent with a rear hub motor.
I have a spare motor and a new 48V16Ah Headway pack that form the basis of the build.

Here is where I'm at with the thinking on the design:

highracer.png

Frame material will be 4130 round steel cromo tubing. I'm not sure about the rear "triangle" section still. Not confident it will provide the function and strength needed. Need it for the stays for the rear wheel, provide support for the rear of the seat, triangulation for the main boom to add strength, support to mount the battery pack. Have gone through many iterations but I think this best meets those requirements at the moment.

Now just putting it out there to see if anyone can offer some useful comments / advice or help identify something I haven't thought of before I fire up the torch :twisted:

Note: Rear dropout will be custom made. Drop out in the diagram not the proposed design. Once the stays are sorted out, I'll make the dropout to join axles & stays as required.

Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Glenn

Great these bikes but wouldn't u be better with some sort of suspension at least the the rear.

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

Looks great but I think u need a little suspension travel on the rear

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

Batfink,
Are you saying suspension for rider comfort or to assist with integrity of the rear triangle?
Rider 'comfort' will be catered for with large air volume tyres, polyurethane bushing between seat and frame and seat cushioning.
Cheers,

Glenn

Back