How to bypass e-lock/broken speedometer on electric scooter

Encebras

1 µW
Hello: I have recently bought a E-Ton E-Mo Plus scooter with a malfunctioning speedometer. When I turn the ignition, all lights /signals work, but the motor will not run.

I have started troubleshooting, and so far I know that the throttle handle is working correctly, and that a 52 V lead passes through the ignition and back to the controller when the ignition is turned on.However, there is no power going to any of the three phases of the brushless motor when I turn the throttle. While I am pretty certain that the controller is not blown, I have bought a replacement - but as the manufacturer has gone bancrupt I would like to make a last attempt of making the old controller work.

I have the feeling that the scooter is sensing that the meter is not booting, and that an electronic motor lock is activated. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I should go about finding - and bypassing such an electronic lock? Two wires that need to be connected or disconnected...?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

PS: There seems to be four signal leads going to/from the meter. Black and red is power (12 v) and then there is an orange and a blue lead that I cannot figure out...http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Download/Matra/E-MOEV3(A)ServiceManual-S03.pdf. There is a wiring diagram on page 6-2

With some computer magic. Took page 58 and converted it to a image. Hopefully someone will be better able to answer your questions. Charge battery. Measure voltage at battery. Check fuses. Disconnect, inspect, reconnect all connections, pray.

Good idea to disconnect battery before inspecting connections.
pg58_1200w.png
Sorry if image is a bit small. Open Encebras's link to see full size PDF file.

Back