I finished my ebike today. All good but that my motor stops

leffex

1 kW
I finished my ebike today. All good but that my motor stops 0.2seconds and max 0.5 rpm of the wheel? Gm controller 48v with 48v10ah lithium bottle54.5v

Any help appreciated

Something blew and gave some light however still works like described above

Thx

(moderator edit: moved out of someone else's troubleshooting thread to it's own thread)

You saw a flash of light somewhere? Generally if something blows it's inside the controller. The other possibility is a bad contact sparked. The usual cause of a new kit not running is one or more of the plugs has had it's contact back out of the housing , or bent to the side. So look hard at all the plugs if your controller is not stinking like burnt plastic.

all working but no throttle could be the explanation as well. I read another thread about that matter, as i Use about the same battery technology and gm controller seems to be it

the black and red wire is connected to the controller.

i need to splice my red and bypass current to the third like the guy in this thread with the solution i guess
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39570

:p

thanks for the input and help

What blew and flashed? There is likely to be your problem.

dogman said:
What blew and flashed? There is likely to be your problem.

I did some more testing today

used another 36v gm controller hua tong and it was the same with it with my 54 licomn battery

my other 48v gm controller hua tong same symptom and its the one i like to use.

testing
9.9ohm on the three wires connected to the controller.

hall sensor shows 0-1,5v+ when pushing the tires- all three works to the motor

the hall sensors disconnected means that the tire vibrate(or show power and a high pitch sound but no rpms)

i have 4.8v and 5v on my throttle sensor + no output on the middle and also 1.8v when measuring some other way. and there is NO CHANGE when applying throttle and checking the output its the same

Seems to be a phase wire that play kid.

Going for a sensorless controller to make it work. Plain simple i hope. Also abän extra throttle
Maybe o blowed mine when i put the electric wires opposite +-

Oped my controller and i saw no nothing odd
All cables connected. No fried stuff or blow capacitors

I measured WATT; AMPS etc. when i tested today.

Measure point is from the battery to the controller red and black wire.

(battery) ---- measure point HERE --- (controller)

WATT max about 1300W.
Watt draw - I could se the range from 0-1300W

AMP max about 28A
Amps draw, start at 1-2-3 amps or full throttle measures higher amps up to 28

Throttle holds for about 3-10 secs and then cutoff amps and watt draw. (No rpm on motor)

battery indicator, 54V full down to 47 full throttle.(in this case full throttle still no rpms of the motor)

Throttle works
Battery works
Motor doesn't work or the "motor hall sensors" doesnt work?

New 6M 4110 sensorless ordered

I wanna ride my bike now... :roll:

hi

thanks for help and all post in this forum
I changed my controller to 4110, lyen 8-fet sensorless

my bike works now, raced my brother n his car Saab hehe

does about 40kmh or 30mph unassisted

and I found out that i have this battery technology.

I have a 48V, LiNiCoMnO2

Li(Li. Ni. Mn. Co.)O2
48V, fully charged 53,5V,
4.2 V per cell
220 mA·h/g
0.920 kW·h/kg
2C disharge rate = 93% eff
3C = 90%
Life cycle at 800.
SIZE: Diameter 91* H485mm
WEIGHT: 5kg or 10pounds

Hello again

Now I was running my bike in the rain, heavy rain also and my full clothes got wet.

When I was in the middle of my way home I came to a stop, still raining, and this time it stuttered and it started going backwards without any throttle input. A day or two after it start and run, 0,23amps freewheel and do 15-20km/ or 10-15mph without any input won the throttle and sometimes it starts going backwards so I cut battery power start again or as I did, change the phase wires and OH. they worked in previous wrong and after some braking it reseted the throttle and it became normal so phase wires had to go back again.

Please help me to find out if my throttle is non-working or that my controller is or even so if the motorized wheel itself - if a phase have been burnt or playing bungie-jump inside my copper-wire changing the phases?

What´s the best bet?

I will try it out with an extra throttle first and se how it goes, and after that I need to rainproof, controller is under my seat in alot of tape. it should'nt get to hot at 23amps continues(1300W) with only 6-or 9 fets?

thanks

Back