I just had a blast!!!!!!

lbz5mc12

10 kW
I got to ride up a dirt road I haven't gone up in over a decade. There's this road in the San Bernardino mountains/foothills called Cloud-line that hang-gliders and para-gliders use to get up and then jump from. It's also used by mountain bikers and hikers. The last time I rode up it, I was a hundred pounds lighter but I didn't have any motors. My bike is a freaking climbing beast! Unfortunately I didn't get to go as high as I wanted due to a flat rear tire but luckily I had my spare tube. Also it just happened to go flat at one of the overlook spots. I ended up having a conversation with one of the para-gliders who was just returning from his second jump. He was apparently hiking up the face of the hill. The funny thing is that he turned out to be an electrical engineer so he was a little intrigued by my bike. Boy did I have a sense of vertigo though. It feels so weird when you haven't climbed that high in such a long time. I couldn't look over the edge too much because I kept getting dizzy. I used to go balls out down that road but today with my 310 lbs and my 50 lb bike I took it pretty slow on the descent.

Back