i want a bike that can do wheelies !

monster

100 kW
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i am looking at 16 A123 cells an really want an excuse to buy them. i want that excuse to be a bike that can do wheelies!

so what does it take to make power wheelies?

i like my X503 bike the way it is -i use it every day for commuting. i want a new bike tho for fun stuff.

monster said:
i like my X503 bike the way it is -i use it every day for commuting. i want a new bike tho for fun stuff.
why not buy a regular pedal bike and wheelie away to your heart's content?

I think you're on the right track in the first place. The secret is in the batteries, not the motor.

Make sure you have a rear hub motor and then mount the batteries on an extended seat post rack. There's a direct trade off, the longer the extension, the fewer cells you need.

:D

Nick

With a little BMX with a 5305 on a 20" rear , 100V 100A and 20Ah of battery located on a rear rack you should be able to do wheelies and maybe a double backflip !!! ... eventhough you seat on the handle bar! :mrgreen: :lol:

Doc

You want something that will do wheelies with 16 A123 M1 cells?

I guess you could get a BMX bike with a double-sided freewheel rear. Throw a 48V 30 amp motor on the thing and gear the left side really, really, REALLY low! Maybe a max speed of 12 MPH should give you serious torque to pop the front end up easily. You can have a good time for about 5 minutes until the battery need to be recharged. Maybe a X505 running 64V 40 amps in a 20" wheel with a 64V 11.5Ah A123 pack? You'll need 20s5P so that would be 100 cells but would wheelie at will and go over 20 MPH easily.

Wear a motorcycle helmet and full leathers...throw in some butt armor during testing. :shock: :lol:

Would recumpence's beautiful twin motor PK ripper fit the bill? Look at that thing pop up in the beginning of the vid, and another one at 1:45. Wow does he make nice builds.

[youtube]DtcTYmI5tfA[/youtube]

I saw an episode of Monster Garage a few years back where they converted an ambulance to do wheelies up to about 50 mph. It was a Chevy van or similar (more than 2 tons), and they moved the V8 engine to behind the rear axle.

Gravity is your friend.

find and watch the video of the first filmed Black Lightning motor test. As he takes off, Jake has to let off on the throttle to stop the beginning of a wheelie.

Just be smart wear a helmet. Road rash on a bald head has got to hurt! :lol:

Whatever you do, don't put the motor on the front. That won't help you at all.

Drunkskunk said:
Seriousdly though, my 4012Clyte can almost pull wheelies on a 26 inch tire. I imagine your 530X could with enough voltage and a smaller wheel

How many amps is that on? As in, how many do I have to force through a 406 in a 20" to do the same. I'm looking for around 75A at the moment...:wink:

My bike would easily wheelie anywhere up until about 30mph or so.

A pair of the big HXT motors and a 50,000w capable LiPo pack.

I absolutely feel your desire for wheelies. Things that don't wheelie are too lame to ride.

2 ways to do it. Get all your weight up high and towards the back of the bike. This will let the bike wheelie easily with minimal thrust/torque. Or, option 2, have loads of power, and anything will wheelie. Option 2 is my personal favorite.

liveforphysics said:
My bike would easily wheelie anywhere up until about 30mph or so.

A pair of the big HXT motors and a 50,000w capable LiPo pack.

I absolutely feel your desire for wheelies. Things that don't wheelie are too lame to ride.

2 ways to do it. Get all your weight up high and towards the back of the bike. This will let the bike wheelie easily with minimal thrust/torque. Or, option 2, have loads of power, and anything will wheelie. Option 2 is my personal favorite.

Option 1 and 2 woud give you not just wheelie, BUT BACKFLIP TOO !!!! :mrgreen: .. or maybe a back loop :shock:

Doc

Doc

Me and a buddy were riding yesterday and he pulled a wheelie on his recumbent :lol: 18s 5ah 15c zippy lipos, bafang in 20" rim, and 72v shenzen controller.

My fuji build is a wheelie bike. Gotta get the batteries mounted up front, last night I made a longer seatpost, and with the small back wheel, and oversise front wheel and suspension, now the frame geometry is all whacked. With the seat lower it wheelied but only if you wanted it to. Now it just wheelies unless you hold it down. The whole frame is raked back now, and with the long seatpost, it's now a pedal forward sort of like a comfort bike. Add 16 pounds of nicads to the rear rack and you have to work hard at keeping the wheel on the ground. Just standing on the pedals fixes the problem, but If you sit down and goose the throtttle, Whee! It's kinda fun in a kooky way, but I'm too old and brittle for this. Fun for a morning though. 8) Maybe I can rig a bent seatpost to bring the seat back forward.

Back