Idontwanttopedal second bike with frame from dustyearlobe

Idontwanttopedal said:
Think of going gloss black with black rims and spocks with gold nipples and gold disc centres ,as the forks are black and gold when they turn up

That would look schweeet, thinking same for my new bike but have blue nipples etc rather than gold....
cant go wrong with black IMHO everything goes with it, maybe a nice gold pearl
on the black also...? Either way tremendous build very much looking forward to
seeing this run...

KiM

Idontwanttopedal said:
Think of going gloss black with black rims and spocks with gold nipples and gold disc centres ,as the forks are black and gold when they turn up
just ordered some 24" wheels for mine see what its like also hope to get some more done this weekend almost done the swingarm sproket holder and adjustable shock bolt through for 200-240 eye shocks ,realy looking forward to seeing this one run then can pass mine on to the missis and build rc for my self ive only seen video of rc builds but what ive seen is gooooood specialy like toms beast total wheely machine on smaller motor ,,,,,,hmmmm 90/120 maybe

Idontwanttopedal said:
Thanks Kim. Looking forward to seeing how your 12070 runs. But your blue bike the first rc build I see with the 80100. I do like that one
Got the Turnigy CA120 running sensored this morning actually, just posted video in my build log thread, shes a SCReeeaMer LoL...

Dunno about a three speed, reckon twos all you need...jm2cw

KiM

Lol I want that motor. I've only ever had a go on a 3220 so not sure how the 80100 will go compared to the 3220 I'm hope go same or little better as been rewind still 130kv but with halls fitted and going run 16s and a two speed box

hehe mate, its been like 8 months and two trips to Bali inbetween
since i did the first wind on it its been a HUGE hand aching pain in the ass, how Thud rewinds
so many motors so quickly and so neatly has me f****d LoL...
I got there in the end, was high fives this morning when she turned
over using the Infineon i tellz ya!

Think you will find she will have more power than you need on a shorter wheel based MTB
she'll be a wheelie machine ;) The out runners apparently have more torque than the in runners
no personal experience on that however, only used the Turnigys due to their price.

KiM

That why I got the 80100. I got it rewind halls fitted and new bearing and still half the price of the 3220.
I like for it to be a wheelie machine hoping with two speed box geared for 45mph in top with nominal charge in first should wheelie

are thttp://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/24FET-IRFB4110-s-2500W-48-96V-80Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller/313864_522263950.htmlhese any good for rc

dustyearlobe said:
are http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/24FET-IRFB4110-s-2500W-48-96V-80Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller/313864_522263950.html these any good for rc

Your link is miss-formated ( hopefully fixed in quote^^ )

but no this controller will not have a high enough e-rpm limit for the high speed rc motors

Niice! I can't wait to get time to start melting aluminum!!

Idontwanttopedal said:
Just go mod frame a little as frame was made for monster T's. But they bit hard to come by
dohh !! yep didnt take into consideration that some forks dont have the straight lower clamp ,the 888s have arched clamps top and bottom which lowers the stantions so the upper clamp dont clear the frame. so we got two options cut 25mm from the bottom of the frame so we can raise the forks or cut up some 2 1/2"" tube and put in some half tube resess in top of frame making clearance for the clamp? both ways should look good but i think the tube might look speical .....but cable runs will become difficult ,going to have a think about it before any comitment just incase ive missed somthing

Looking to make and sell these frames. The cyclonemotor frame well be the first to go on sale. The two speed rc frame like mine need bit more design for a more cost effective integrated gearbox. Any thoughts or views

Back