Infineon Lyen 9 fet EB209 vs 12 fet programming

02blowngt

100 µW
I have two Lyen controllers and his programming cable and his software plus XPD and I cannot figure out why I cannot program my 9 fet unit but have ZERO issues programming the 12 fet with either software time and time again! I just tried numerous programs into the 12 FET and they all took no problem.

I've taken the 9 FET apart and the board is labeled EB209-AS-1. All 5 programming wires are in tact on the board and have continuity from the board to the connector but when I attempt to program I'm stuck on the "start transmit" or applying profile box from XPD. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could something be wrong with the controller to not allow data transfer? Attached is a picture of the controller in question if anyone has any ideas....FullSizeRender.jpg

So after some good night sleep and some more searching the board I belive the problem maybe that my 12 FET board is a EB312 board and my cable from Lyen with the jumper wire between pin 1 and pin 5. Whereas my 9FET EB209 board uses a different cable without the jumper. I can find many instances where people are looking for the newer cable that I have but do I simply remove the yellow jumper wire and leave that pin open?

Back