Jbd smart bms heads up

m3vuv

100 W
Just a warning to folks,i brought this jdb smart bms that can be wired fror a 10s too 17s pack,i ordered one suitable for 13s,the instructions to wire it that came were chineese gibberish,they mailed me a diagram of the wireing for 13s ,i also brought an lcd screen for it to display the cell soc over rs485,on connecting the screen and with the bt app all i got was 11 cell groups displayed,13s.png

I was seeing the same 11 cell groups on the bt app as well,after a lot of mails back and fourth with the company they gave me diagrams for 14/15/16 and 17s packs as well,they insisted there 13s diagram was whe the correct one,after getting no where i wired it like there 14s diagram,guess what it displayed as a 13s wired as there 14s diagram,its wired as a 14s and now displays as a 13s and works fine,hope the links work,this may save others having the same grief,seems all there diagrams are all one out.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.17.21ef1802zCdbuZ
14s.jpghttps://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005189266220.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.22.21ef1802zCdbuZ

I've wired up at least 10 of these without issue.

If it doesn't display the proper cell count you can adjust the cell count in the parameter section, as long as you have it wired up correctly.

tried that but it just reverted too 11s the next time i connected!,wired as a 14s when in reality its a 13s is working fine so far!,to me the chineese seller fust has maade a fuckup on his paperwork!.

so far had a couple of runs and charge cycles and everything is good inc balancing ok so the diagram for a 13s pack correspondes to the one they say is for a 14s,wonder how nany other folks have been tripped up on there ballsup. ?.

I had the same issue with JBD 10-17s BMS (JBD BMS SP17S005 80A) after I finished my 14s battery. I connected it to Bluetooth and the application displayed 11 series instead of 14. I also connected it to my PC with programming cable and the application on PC displayed 11s instead of 14s too. The cure was to disconnect the balancing leads from BMS and connect them back. After this the BMS detected 14s properly. I connected both leads connectors as fast as possible to make sure it will not falsely detect wrong amount of series again. I believe the problem is this BMS detects the voltages on the leads and makes decision about amount of series too fast. But not all terminals on the connectors make contact with the BMS pins exactly at the same moment when you stick the balancing leads plugs which may lead to false reading of amount of series.

You can download wiring diagram on JBD website.

The wiring diagram on their website should be correct. In my case it was BMS glitch or something.

And how in the hell did you wire your 13s battery using 14s diagram??? It is physically impossible! The 13s battery has 13 groups and 14s diagram indicates 14 groups.

Last edited:
if i remember i connected the wires on the second block connector to the 11+ 12 groups and not all together as shown on the 13s diagram,did try unplugging the connectors but was the same showing as 11s.

Just a warning to folks,i brought this jdb smart bms that can be wired fror a 10s too 17s pack,i ordered one suitable for 13s,the instructions to wire it that came were chineese gibberish,they mailed me a diagram of the wireing for 13s ,i also brought an lcd screen for it to display the cell soc over rs485,on connecting the screen and with the bt app all i got was 11 cell groups displayed,
Any idea if the JBD-SP17S005 3.7 Li-Ion version can be Reconfigured to work in 3.2 Volts LiFePo4 cells ? In our country, we only have the JBD-SP17S005 3.7 Li-Ion and no stock of JBD-SP17S005 3.2 LiFePo4 version. Since this is a SMART BMS, i was thinking that it is just a matter of adjusting the HVD, LVD, balance voltage, etc. but who knows, maybe the voltage ranges are different on the Li-Ion and LiFePo4 versions.

Any idea if the JBD-SP17S005 3.7 Li-Ion version can be Reconfigured to work in 3.2 Volts LiFePo4 cells ? In our country, we only have the JBD-SP17S005 3.7 Li-Ion and no stock of JBD-SP17S005 3.2 LiFePo4 version. Since this is a SMART BMS, i was thinking that it is just a matter of adjusting the HVD, LVD, balance voltage, etc. but who knows, maybe the voltage ranges are different on the Li-Ion and LiFePo4 versions.
It can be reconfigured to Lifepo4 or Li-ion in the android and PC app. I've tried it before.

It can be reconfigured to Lifepo4 or Li-ion in the android and PC app. I've tried it before.
ok, it's kind of confusing as to why JBD would make to versions of SMART BMS marked is 3.7V Li-Ion and 3.2V LiFePo4. when they can just make it Universal like the ones from JK, ANT and DALY, these manufacturers just make one version of SMART bms.

I am wondering then, what's the difference between JBD-SP17S005 3.7 Li-Ion and JBD-SP17S005 3.2 LiFePo4 version if you can configure them to run either in 3.7V or 3.2V system ?

It used to be somewhat difficult to change the cell count on a older jbd BMS because you had to solder the correct wires together and possibly recalibrate the sensing voltage. That's why for 48v you had the 14S lipo bms and 16S lifepo4 version. The newer ones have the auto identify cells thing, so having two different ones doesn't really make any sense anymore.

I have installed yesterday a QUCC (that sounds like the same JBD) smart BMS that should be 100A and it try to protect my battery while I was pulling 50A at around 60% SOC.
Does anybody knows What does "PACK UVP" mean?Screenshot_20230821_200721_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg

UnderVoltageProtection from the whole battery, otherwhise it would say cell uvp
The BMS says the SOC is 0% , so the bms thinks the battery is empty.
Have you set the right voltage limits for your battery.

UnderVoltageProtection from the whole battery, otherwhise it would say cell uvp
The BMS says the SOC is 0% , so the bms thinks the battery is empty.
Have you set the right voltage limits for your battery.
I can't set any useful parameter. Sounds like they are going to give me the authorisation to set parameters on my BMS!
It's the kreziest stuff I have ever heard!

Meanwhile this afternoon while going back home from work I was almost rear-ended by the following vehicle when the BMS cut my discharge switch

Older APP solved the issue .... now the BMS seams like to be working as it should

I also wrote a message in the message center on QUCC Official Store of Aliexpress that says:

Fortunately there is a very useful forum on the net where I discovered that using the old APP version 3.1.1026 I can adjust all the parameters I need.
I am a mechanical engineer who works in the automotive sector and I use an electric scooter as a means of transport where I installed the battery, motor and controller by myself using the components available on the market.
Please write this message from a mechanical engineer to your software engineer: " This procedure where you have to authorize the BMS owner to adjust the parameters is one of the biggest bullshit I've heard in recent years because when a customer buys your BMS must have access to change the battery parameters within 2 hours of turning on the BMS."

Last edited:
Not with anything meaningful most likely.
Jbd makes the BMS and app, not some reseller on AliExpress.

I'm not surprised that they went this route honestly. A few years back people were constantly complaining that someone malicious could reprogram the BMS, so now they've made an app with which you have to link the BMS to your account if you want to change the settings. This only works if the malicious actor doesn't know about the old app though.

I'm having trouble accessing the 16S wiring diagram for my SP17S005 80A BMS. Do I just connect BC16 to BC15 as shown above and then wire 16S in a similar way to 14S?

Back