Kawasaki KXF 250 QS 138 90H SEVCON conversion

Hi would it be possible to fabricate another set of battery case and motor mounts for the same bike?

Any chance in sharing a .dcf file, just a starting point file would be extremely helpful for the Sevcon/QS combo?

Hey can you share what pully and jackshaft system you used to create the gear reduction? Or was it all custom made?
I am looking to make something very similar. Thanks!

MX72 said:
Hey can you share what pully and jackshaft system you used to create the gear reduction? Or was it all custom made?

The latest qs138 (the V3) has a built-in 1:2.36 gear reduction. Just fyi.

Jordan325ic said:
MX72 said:

The latest qs138 (the V3) has a built-in 1:2.36 gear reduction. Just fyi.

I did see that but when talking to QS they said that the 4000W is capable of much more power. I wasn't sure if the V3 would be powerful enough.

This motor after a few modifications gives an amazing effect.
I put this modified QS138 90H together on a dynamometer with the KTM SXF 250 and it achieved twice the torque!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/pT9Nwf6k7kI[/youtube]

ATTACH]

ZALO said:
This motor after a few modifications gives an amazing effect.
I put this modified QS138 90H together on a dynamometer with the KTM SXF 250 and it achieved twice the torque!

Nice, but what exactly are we looking at?
Km/h, so I guess it is measured on the rear wheel then recalculated to Nm on the motor shaft with a certain % loss?

What are the modifications, a rewind of the motor? Is it with a gen4 size4?
Almost 100Nm sounds very good :thumb:

What are those BHP values?

I'm working on a kawasaki kxf 250 cross motorcycle, I decided on the qs 138 70H motor.
I plan to use the sevcon gen 4 size 4 controller. I have Sony VTC5A lithium-ion cells at my disposal.
What package configuration is best to do?
How many cells would be optimal?
Hi,

where did you find the pulleys and belt? I've been searching for something that'll fit the QS180 6 splined shaft, and thanks for sharing, the build looks incredible!

Back