Kickboards that ship to Japan?

Jonny333

1 W
Hi guys
As I posted earlier, I would really like to get a kickboard that the kids and I could use. But the selection is very limited here in Japan. So far I’ve only found crap, or dodgy middleman who are grossly marking up stuff they bought in the states or china
Something like a razor E300 would’ve been perfect I think. No seller on Amazon is willing to ship them here. I bought 2 off of eBay, and eBay ended up refunding my money saying the accounts had been hacked (scam).
The Bird/Lime scooters appear to be decent? I see a lot of them available on eBay, but I’m very suspicious about the quality and Authenticity of items shipped from China, etc .
I’m wondering what other options I have?
I’m pretty good at building and figuring things out (ie built FPV “drones” before they were a thing), so I could order parts and assemble something myself. Or if there are reputable sellers that would ship here? If it’s going to require an outrageous mark up on the price, I’m not really interested either.
Are there any “best bang for buck” scooter or component names or other tips you can give?
I guess what I’m interested in is going to depend on what I can get, LOL. But generally, fun multipurpose scooter (no ‘skateboard wheels’ or super noisy/dangerous or junk).
Anyway, sorry for the ramble, Just trying to sort things out. Thanks.

The Bird/Lime scooters are made by Xiaomi. They are really pretty decent. Surprising it's hard to get in Japan. China is much closer.

Yeah, it’s odd I know, I run into it all the time. Probably because of something like tariffs and trade agreements.
Searching for the Xiaomi m365 and ninebot es2 it’s not available off the normal shopping sites like Amazon.jp and Rakuten. I found sellers on yahoo auctions japan for about 700$ And 1000$, shipped direct from hongkong, looks like no warranty and no service center in japan.
I’m a bit spooked by these, looks like lots of electronics and proprietary parts, not sure how easy DIY repairs are and the cost of parts.

Edit: I see a bunch ofthese getting sold for like 500$ including shipping. Are they decent? Very suspicious of the “comes from same factory, but no brand” description. Also zero warranty.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352437622416

Yikes! that's expensive. And yes, they have a lot of proprietary parts. Most of the newer ones send the throttle signal to the controller via serial data line coming from the display. If the display goes bad, it's dead. There are lots of Xiaomi m365 Bird scooters around here. They seem to run well but I don't know how reliable they are.

I just found a local electronics chain that’s selling the Ninebot es2. I don’t think there’s much support for it though once you’ve bought it. Under 600$ though with free shipping, and I know they won’t sell a fake one.

Back