KillaBICYCLE Electric Bike Drag Racing 3 may 2009

Doctorbass

100 GW
:mrgreen: :twisted:

Hey guys... Today I realized something i'll ensure you i will retry many time!!!

Drag racing my electric bike!!!

I decided to test it for the first time but with not the best weather and battery conditions...

I'm proud to present you the very FIRST Electric bicycle drag racing ever.
That happened at the Pont Rouge drag racing lane near Quebec and using the following equipment:

(This setup is more configured for torque(160lbs trust) and range (210km)... and not drag racing from now... a next setup is being prepared for this summer 2009)

-Mongoose mtb
-crystalyte hub motor 5305 on a 24" wheel
-100V 23Ah lithium battery
-100V 100A controller (recorded 85A at 91V during the drag race)
-143lbs total for the entire bicycle... next setup will weight much less!
-battery 82% charged.. the 18% was to travel from my house to the Pont Rouge drag lane

Time slip:
- recorded 67.9km/h (1/4mile)
-reaction: 1.064
-60FT: 3.032sec
-1/8 mile 14.385sec at 66.8kph
-1/4 mile time 25.093sec at 67.9sec
- head wind of 46 km/h TOO HIGH !

NEW race to come on 23 june 2009 with 2x better setup!

Time slip picture to come! I have proof! :wink:

[youtube]nrPK_cLsO6Q[/youtube]

Doc

Sheriff Jon said:
That is very impressive 8) May I share your race video on another forum that I frequent?

no prob!.. I think that'S a premiere!

Doc

Magnifique Doc! Congratulations.

68 kmh against a 46 kmh headwind!

Probably was a good thing you have all that torque.
We know that next time you will be faster.

Very nice..... I think I hear Julien on your video (the guy from Pont Rouge) I know him :)

Too bad you had such a head wind.....can wait to see that with delta :D

Robin

Almasi said:
Very nice..... I think I hear Julien on your video (the guy from Pont Rouge) I know him :)

Robin

Yes that was Julien.. He also said he know you.. :wink: .. I've meet him and his sister.. Julien is a nice guy and his sister was gentle!

Doc

Doctorbass said:
Almasi said:

Robin

Yes that was Julien.. He also said he know you.. :wink: .. I've meet him and his sister.. Julien is a nice guy and his sister was gentle!

Doc

Cute sister ;)

So Pont rouge is very close to your house :) I guess will have to go with BikeRider this summer :D

Robin

Almasi said:
Doctorbass said:
Almasi said:

Robin

Doc

Cute sister ;)

So Pont rouge is very close to your house :) I guess will have to go with BikeRider this summer :D

Robin

Sure we will! :wink:

It's open every weekend and wednesday.

I realize that 3/4 of the 1/4 mile time i did was above 40mph...

i'll need to improove the rest of acceleration... Hmmm Delta!!! :twisted:

Doc

Electric Bicycle Drag Racing have officially born TODAY ! :mrgreen:

Doc

The time slip

Doc

Attachments

• P1070480_800x600.jpg
    P1070480_800x600.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 4,205
Awesome wheel slipping, good times! But next time I wanna see that front wheel come up a lil Doc! :wink:

So would your current Delta/Wye bike actually beat the original in this video?

etard said:
So would your current Delta/Wye bike actually beat the original in this video?

... probably!.. the bike i tried on the drag lane is my mongoose and.. this setup is for torque.. not top speed..

so if you see the time slip i got you will see that i reached close to max speed in the forst 1/16 mile (1/4 of the drag lane lenght).. so acceleration is here.. but not top speed..

from now! :twisted:

i would be happy to try the delta wye on that same setup... but i'll prepare a new kit using 100V of A123 and a 5303 + delta/wye! :twisted: :twisted: on a lighter bike.. my trek mtb frame

Doc

Fantastic! Super! Looking forward to your next run. Youtube rocks like your speedy bike work!

PS: do you know how unique and talented you really are?
no-one in the world can and does what you do.

a song for you, a classic. the song is you. the woman? She is the most beautiful, special woman who ever lived.
look her up!
[youtube]x_QqaqXTirg[/youtube]

Doctorbass said:
Electric Bicycle Drag Racing have officially born TODAY ! :mrgreen: Doc
Now, if this were 1896, you'd be the Father of Electric Car drag racing.

You always set the pace for new challengers and new ideas.
You make magic happen and keep us inspired with your drive and ingenuity!

Doctorfastbass!

Reid Welch said:
Doctorbass said:

Doctorfastbass!

Thanks Reid! :wink:

I do my best! :mrgreen:

Doc

Doctorbass said:
Reid Welch said:
Doctorbass said:

Doctorfastbass!

Thanks Reid! :wink:

I do my best! :mrgreen:

Doc
France and Great Britain were the first nations to support the widespread development of electric vehicles in the late 1800s. In 1899, a Belgian built electric racing car called "La Jamais Contente" set a world record for land speed - 68 mph - designed by Camille Jénatzy.

It was not until 1895 that Americans began to devote attention to electric vehicles after an electric tricycle was built by A. L. Ryker
http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aacarselectrica.htm

Wow Doc, great run, and I especially loved the burnout on launch. I can't wait to see what you do next!

-JD

Hey Lowell,

long time no see :D hows the bike?
Great vid by the way Doc !!!!

D

Loved the screeching tire at launch :D

Now that the drag racing bug has bitten you, I can see major $$$$ flying out of your wallet now! Does Sucks Amps racing team know about you? Now for you to gather every Dewalt pack in Canada for the next try... so many electronic parts and batteries will feel the burn in the next few months. May the wind be at your back on the next pass.

EVnewbie said:
Loved the screeching tire at launch :D

Now that the drag racing bug has bitten you, I can see major $$$$ flying out of your wallet now! Does Sucks Amps racing team know about you? Now for you to gather every Dewalt pack in Canada for the next try... so many electronic parts and batteries will feel the burn in the next few months. May the wind be at your back on the next pass.

:wink: .. Yeah.. maybe Plasmaboy should see that!... from now I spend less $$$ than someone buying an Harley Davidson! :lol:

Drag racing and acceleraion with electric stuff is just incredible!! I love that... And.. Yes.. i'm just begining! :twisted:

Doc

I normally couldn't care about motor-racing but that was impressive!

You'd think they could digitally overlay the windspeed like the do for remote control models.

If I remember correctly from my triathlon days your spokes spinning at that speed are a big drag, you should maybe try those lycra wheel covers that give some of the aerodynamics of aero disc wheels.

http://www.analyticcycling.com/WheelsConcept_Disc.html

Back