• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

KT36ZWS-TP02EL motor controller

Unfortunately, in purchasing a new battery for a neighbor's Faulkner folding electric bike, the battery polarity was reversed on the new battery. Upon installation of the battery, the motor controller was damaged. Now I need to find a replacement motor controller. The controller model number is KT36ZWS-TP02EL. Might anyone have an idea as to where I might find a replacement? If either the manufacturer or a distributor can be identified, hopefully, I can purchase a replacement.

Brushless Motor Controller - Faulkner.jpg

Dwight Kitchens said:
Unfortunately, in purchasing a new battery for a neighbor's Faulkner folding electric bike, the battery polarity was reversed on the new battery. Upon installation of the battery, the motor controller was damaged. Now I need to find a replacement motor controller. The controller model number is KT36ZWS-TP02EL. Might anyone have an idea as to where I might find a replacement? If either the manufacturer or a distributor can be identified, hopefully, I can purchase a replacement.

Brushless Motor Controller - Faulkner.jpg

KT (Kunteng http://www.szktdz.com/en/news.php?type=344) makes a ton of models, so if they don't still make that one, they'll have something compatible. Can you post a pic of the controller including the wiring connectors? That would help to identify something compatible, with the same features, and maybe connectors.

I believe that the KT36ZWS means it is a square wave controller and 36V. The designation for sine wave controllers is SVP. My experience in using both types is that the sinewave seems a little quieter. Also, many of the KT square wave controllers are sensorless.

You have to examine the connectors. especially the motor connectors to understand what's needed. In particular, you have to tell us how many wires come out of the motor. If there are only three, or six, then there are no position sensors. and you need a sensorless square wave model. If there are 8 or 9, it's probably a sensored square wave model. In that case, a sinewave model would also work.

You have to look at the connectors anyway, like E-HP told you, to find a KT controller that has matching connectors.

If you buy a 36V/48V KT controller, then you might be able run on 48V in the future. What display are you using?

Your best bet is to look into CSC controllers, afain check the connectors but they’re pretty standard. I’d suggest the CSC 15 and limiting it with the display/UI, if compatible of course, you’ll be able to pick these up for under £40 for sure 👍🏼

Back