Large-Screen Cycle Analyst v2.3 StandAlone

Since my speedo is on the same wheel as my hub motor, I just stuck a magnet off an old namebadge onto the edge of the hub's flange where it is held there by the motor magnets inside, and the flux ring. Then a steel nut as spacer, and another magnet on that. No glue, it never moves or vibrates around. Moved sensor down to that point on the fork, works great. :)

I still have periodic trouble with the regular bike speedo sensor magnet that's also on that wheel that is on the spokes, where it vibrates loose and rattles around, but not the DIY CA sensor. :lol:

Hey just a question, have you ever had a CA read watts and AH like the bike is in motion but its not? I had mine do this today, and now it does not read amps or watts anymore. I am really bummed, because I only had it for two or three rides! can anyone help? Also I am having trouble with the reed switch as well I think, I am trying to send the whole unit back, but I don't know if they will take it, I had it for a while but my bike was not ready to try it until recently.. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they'll at least help you out fixing it; might take a bit as they're still moving I think (or still sorting out after the move).

I have not had any problems with the readings on mine (other than peak A reading way different than the Turnigy or Watts Up, which I have not yet heard why that might be; typical readings and averages are close enough to the other two to trust them all).

If it reads current when none is flowing, then you might need to check in the manual on how to fix the offset for it. I only glanced at that part as I didn't need to do it.

But if it is not reading anything at all now, then it sounds like a shunt wire is disconnected. Is yours a DP or SA model? If SA, then you can disconnect the shunt from battery and controller, and just measure from the blue wire to the white wire and it ought to be essentially a dead short. If it's not, then either something's wrong inside the molded shunt or the cable from it to the SA connector.

If it's a DP model, then do the same measurement with it unplugged from the battery, white to blue on ohms of the meter, and it again ought to read a dead short. If not, open the controller and make sure you have a blue wire on one side of the shunt and a white on the other. (assuming it's using the CA-recommended color scheme). If it does, then measure the blue wire from one end (shunt) to the other (CA-DP connector) and make sure it's continuity checks ok. Same for white.

If the shunt wires from the plug to the shunt module or the controller check out, and the shunt is ok, then check from the connector to the inside of the CA itself, for blue and white wires.

If the reed on the wheel sensor is not working it's easy to check. go in a very quiet room and hold it next to your ear, and pass a magnet near it. You'll hear it click if it is working. Or use a meter to measure the wires from it at the CA board itself, with and without a magnet. Should be a short with magnet nearby and open without.

Thanks Amberwolf@! I knew you would have something for me! I will try all these things. When I got the bike put together originally, I pulled a couple of wires when they got in the crank so its possible one just came loose! Now I know where to look!

Back