LG cells and appropriate C rating replacement

TriggerGee

100 mW
I’ve got a Black & Decker strimmer that uses LG LGDAHD11865 cells, the battery is a 36v 2ah pack so 10 cells but after a bit of searching it seems the cells are actually 1,300mAh but I can’t find the info on what the discharge rating is for these cells.
I’ve had it for about 5 years so the battery is a bit old now and the voltage drops after a couple mins and cuts out before working again a few minutes later, it’s probably just one faulty cell but I’d like to repack the case with modern cells.

Does anyone have an idea what the discharge rating might be or what would be a sensible replacement? I was considering Samsung 25r but not sure if I need 20A continuous or if I can go for a larger capacity and lower discharge?

Any advice would be awesome!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
I’m in the uk so wouldn’t use that shop but I’ve got a choice of a few good brands for between £2.50-£3.50 per cell so I guess something at or over 15A discharge should be as good as the original battery. If I went for something like the Samsung 30Q I’d be doubling the packs capacity in theory which would be great.

I’ve got one of those small rechargeable portable spot welders so I’d try carefully cut the existing spot welds, slip in the new cells and re-weld them. Hopefully that will work ok

Back